*** Official HP Touchpad Price Drop Discussion & Deal Posting Thread ***

Brad

Just got off the phone with amazon. Customer service was no help. Usually, amazon will bend over backwards to help with an issue, but this rep wasn't the most helpful. She did say that they have a "team" looking into the problem and the vendor just had too many orders. OK, they had too many orders, but why did they wait 3 days to cancel an order? I was actually supposed to receive the tablet tomorrow (or at least that was the first delivery date listed on my confirmation). I am so disappointed with amazon and its reseller. I guess I put too much trust in amazon b/c I thought they would stand behind the reseller. Lesson learned.

Well I am still waiting on an email from B&N to cancel my order. After 3 days of calling the phone number I found when I checked order status I got past the "Due to extremely high call volume... Try your call again later disconnect" I got through to an animated "Your order has been cancelled" I hate automated F you messages. Lots of people could use a job why do machines have them all?

Just got off the phone with amazon. Customer service was no help. Usually, amazon will bend over backwards to help with an issue, but this rep wasn't the most helpful. She did say that they have a "team" looking into the problem and the vendor just had too many orders. OK, they had too many orders, but why did they wait 3 days to cancel an order? I was actually supposed to receive the tablet tomorrow (or at least that was the first delivery date listed on my confirmation). I am so disappointed with amazon and its reseller. I guess I put too much trust in amazon b/c I thought they would stand behind the reseller. Lesson learned.

Well said. feel the same way. Should have been a system in place to kill orders if they knew it was oos. Reminds me of trying to by a wii a few years ago but at least then i didn't get burned nor been po'd at the process. I'm contemplating to adding them to my banned list for a while

I think you have to go into these deals like playing the lottery, even when the order goes through. Mine from B&N was cancelled but I went into it knowing that it probally would be.

On a side note I had a frozen HP touchpad last night....it rebooted fine and I installed the updates which are supposed to help with freezes so just a heads up to do that first thing when you get yours.....I have frozen my Kindle and Ipad many times so I knew not to panic and found the instructions on how to unfreeze it quickly.

No biggie, they have been up and in stock for sometime now so I am not too optimistic...but they don't charge until shipment so no loss either way.

APPARANTLY I ordered 6 not 3 because DH saw them too....OYE! And he figured the kids needed the 32GB. I am not worrying about it yet since I am not being too optimistic but I am LMAO because Dh never orders/find deals :P The one time....!!! But I couldnt say anything when he called because he was so proud and excited. HAHA

don't yell at me if orders get cancelled .... go into it thinking they most likely will...I ordered the 3 I needed, fingers crossed.

https://usm.channelonline.com/launchpad/storesite/Products/index.co?id=M007386267

Yes, thank you as well! DH really wanted one for books (larger screen than Kindle, etc.) and it's rare that he does that. Definately not going in expecting it, but at least I got to try and not hit with an out of stock right up front.