*** Official HP Touchpad Price Drop Discussion & Deal Posting Thread ***

Brad

I heard that "rumor" last week. But they wouldn't just make more of them to sell to employees, but just offer them to employees first before the sell them to the public.

They're making more to fulfill all of the online orders from the fire sale weekend. At least this is what I was told by HP Small & Medium Business.

They're making more to fulfill all of the online orders from the fire sale weekend. At least this is what I was told by HP Small & Medium Business.

This is what I was told yesterday as well. The Touchpad's have been taken off their website all together, now. At least, as of this morning they are not on there. I was told by a customer service rep to watch the website and what is left will be put on there. She did not know if other stores like BestBuy would be getting more or not.

After fishing around a bit on the internet, I found information indicating that onSale had apparently sent messages with links for ordering to customers whose Amazon orders from 8/21 were cancelled. I had three such orders but received no messages, so they must not have contacted all cancelled customers. It sounds like you clicked the link in the message and provided your original (cancelled) order number which was then validated to allow you to purchase a 32GB unit (limit one). The offer supposedly ends on 9/26; however, they are indicating on their website that the "promotion" is now over and no additional orders will be accepted. I feel like these people have now cheated me for a second time. You would think that with three orders, I would have received at least one notification. :mad:

Its official, just got my 32gb touchpad from onsale delivered, I was very unsure they would pull through but they did! Hurray!

That is great! I had ordered mine thru Barnes and Noble and I have not heard they are getting any more or offering to make it right like Onsale did.