gift ideas to give to my sons teacher

copados1993

I usually do a gift basket or gift bag and I put in tea, cocoa, coffee, lotions, chap stick, cough drops and that kind of stuff. If they need something for the class, I'll either buy it or give them a gift certificate to buy it. Last year, I told them not to bring lunch and had a deli deliver trays to them. I hope this helps.;)

In the past we have given teachers goodie baskets, ornaments, photo frames, and just about a little of everything. WM has really cute ornaments for teachers $.97-$2.97 each for teachers. While doing my holiday baking, I make a little extra and fill baskets with treats, they like this because it cuts down on baking that they would have to do.

I found a few cute ideas on a website organizedchristmas.com that I will do for my daughters teacher. On is called "We Whisk you a Merry Kissmas" You buy a whisk from the store , fill it with hersey kisses, cover it with saran wrap, tie ribbons on the end and include the tag. Very cute and very inexpensive and we will be doing the snowman soup for her class mates. She is in preschool so there are not alot of kids in her class. Hope this helps.

Cookie in a Jar

Submitted by: linda

"This cookie in a jar mix has a little bit of everything in it. A great gift idea!" Original recipe yield: 2 1/2 dozen.

PRINT:

3x5

4x6

Full Page

EMAIL:

to a friend

Send an eCard

RECIPE BOX:

Add to Recipe Box

Rate / Review this recipe :2wiggle:

Add a Note

View Recipe Box

SHOPPING LIST:

Add to List

View List

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup white chocolate chips

1/2 cup crispy rice cereal

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup rolled oats

1/2 cup white sugar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:

In a 1 quart jar, layer the ingredients in the order listed. Pack down firmly after each addition.

Attach a tag with the following instructions: Cookie in a Jar 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 2. In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup margarine until light and fluffy. Mix in 1 egg and 2 tablespoons water. Add the entire contents of the jar, and stir until well blended. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. 3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.

More Tips for Cookie and Brownie Mix in a Jar

This recipe is featured within our Tried & True Cookie cookbook. If you would like to learn more, please click http://allrecipes.com/cookie/.

Customize this Recipe

Change to servings

Convert to: U.S Standard / Metric

About Scaling and Conversions

Weight Management

Diabetes

High Blood Pressure

High Cholesterol

General Wellness

Timesaving Meals Your Family Will Love

Save Money and Time

No More Guesswork

Recipes That Work

Great Tips and Advice

Tried This Recipe?

Share Your Experience

Cookie in a Jar

Submitted by: linda

"This cookie in a jar mix has a little bit of everything in it. A great gift idea!" Original recipe yield: 2 1/2 dozen.

PRINT:

3x5

4x6

Full Page

EMAIL:

to a friend

Send an eCard

RECIPE BOX:

Add to Recipe Box

Rate / Review this recipe :2wiggle:

Add a Note

View Recipe Box

SHOPPING LIST:

Add to List

View List

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup white chocolate chips

1/2 cup crispy rice cereal

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup rolled oats

1/2 cup white sugar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:

In a 1 quart jar, layer the ingredients in the order listed. Pack down firmly after each addition.

Attach a tag with the following instructions: Cookie in a Jar 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 2. In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup margarine until light and fluffy. Mix in 1 egg and 2 tablespoons water. Add the entire contents of the jar, and stir until well blended. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. 3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.

More Tips for Cookie and Brownie Mix in a Jar

This recipe is featured within our Tried & True Cookie cookbook. If you would like to learn more, please click http://allrecipes.com/cookie/.

Customize this Recipe

Change to servings

Convert to: U.S Standard / Metric

About Scaling and Conversions

Weight Management

Diabetes

High Blood Pressure

High Cholesterol

General Wellness

Timesaving Meals Your Family Will Love

Save Money and Time

No More Guesswork

Recipes That Work

Great Tips and Advice

Tried This Recipe?

Share Your Experience

Thanks so much for the this! I have already copied it and I think it sounds like a great idea!!!!!!!!I like the idea of making something that can really be used and not tossed in the back of a drawer!!!:teacher:

We have given:

-candles

-gift bags w/ an assortment of body lotions, sprays etc

-boxes of thank you cards

-restaurant gift cards

-the best was for a teacher that loved ethnic foods went to Trader Joes and bought different sauces, cookies, nut....and put it in a canvas bag ds decorated!!

not sure what to do this yr???? we have 4 to give out and that's just one kid

I would suggest anything other than apple related items and best teacher trinkets and things. Everyone gets them those for holidays and such and I have heard from many teachers saying how much they like supplies for the classroom(make a cute basket) or gift cards to buy stuff...that's just less money that comes out of their own pocket. The lunch ideas are great too!!!

I've also done cookies or hot cocoa in a jar gifts, but found that many teachers also constantly diet. So instead, I put together bath salts in a jar, tinted to look like a big candy cane.

Candy Cane Bath Salts

2 cups epson salts

1/2 cup sea salt

4-6 drops peppermint oil

2-3 drops red food coloring

Place one cup epson salt and 1/4 cup sea salt in a bowl. Add 2-3 drops peppermint oil. Place remaining ingredients in a second bowl. Mix well. Layer in a clear jar, red & white. Cover the lid with matching fabric and tie.

I like to add the following poem to the jar.

Poem To Go with Teacher’s Gift

I dreamed I stood in a studio,

And watched two sculptors there.

The clay they used was a young child's mind,

And they fashioned it with care. One was a teacher, the tools she used-

Were books,music and art.

One was a parent, with a guiding hand,

And a gentle loving heart. And when at last their work was done,

They were proud of what they had wrought-

For the things they had worked into the child,

Could never be sold or bought... And each agreed she would have failed,

If she had worked alone.

For behind the parent stood the school,

and behind the teacher stood the home.

Author: Roy A. Lingenfelter

I've also done cookies or hot cocoa in a jar gifts, but found that many teachers also constantly diet. So instead, I put together bath salts in a jar, tinted to look like a big candy cane.

Candy Cane Bath Salts

2 cups epson salts

1/2 cup sea salt

4-6 drops peppermint oil

2-3 drops red food coloring

Place one cup epson salt and 1/4 cup sea salt in a bowl. Add 2-3 drops peppermint oil. Place remaining ingredients in a second bowl. Mix well. Layer in a clear jar, red & white. Cover the lid with matching fabric and tie.

I like to add the following poem to the jar.

Poem To Go with Teacher’s Gift

I dreamed I stood in a studio,

And watched two sculptors there.

The clay they used was a young child's mind,

And they fashioned it with care. One was a teacher, the tools she used-

Were books,music and art.

One was a parent, with a guiding hand,

And a gentle loving heart. And when at last their work was done,

They were proud of what they had wrought-

For the things they had worked into the child,

Could never be sold or bought... And each agreed she would have failed,

If she had worked alone.

For behind the parent stood the school,

and behind the teacher stood the home.

Author: Roy A. Lingenfelter

LOVE< LOVE > LOVE it.. May do this for the teachers this year.

My 6th grader has a male teacher too, so a gift card might be a better gift for him.

As a teacher I agree that I have enough teacher ornaments and dust collectors. I really enjoy anything that I don't have to work at to use. Gift cards are great and so are coffees, movie rentals, etc. I have actually given the cookies in a jar but the recipient still has to work to bake them.

I usually give my boys teachers gift cards to the local teacher supply store. I figure they can pick out what they really want to use in their classrooms. I also always buy a book for each of my boys classrooms when they have their bookfair but that would be another good idea for a gift because the teachers stock their own classroom libraries around here.

I am a teacher and I do seem to getsome of the same type of things, candles, ornaments, chocolates, mugs,etc.

I really enjoy getting bubble bath, lotion. Small bags of popcorn, apple cider, hot chocolate. The jars of cookies would be great to.

:greenappl