snow on christmas

Tracy72

I've lived in Arizona for the past 12 years, so yes, I miss snow. We travel to visit my wife's family in Pittsburgh over Christmas when we can. It's still in the mid-80's here this week. People here love it, but I grew up with colder Christmases, so warm weather just doesn't create the same feel for me.

I hate winter and the cold weather, so no, I don't care if it snows. In fact I would be thrilled if it were 70! But remember I live in Chicago and have to fight my way into the city every day (1 1/2 hrs each way) in bad weather so I'm sick of it.

Well, we just moved to Alabama and I dont think they get much, if any, snow at all, so might not be a white xmas here. Now back in missouri where we just moved from, we had snow all 5 years we were there, which I love. my bday is on xmas eve and its just not the same without snow.

Before living in Missouri we lived in Northern michigan, where we are ORIGINALLY from, lol. Now talk about snow!!! LOVED it... i really do miss it. we would go snowmobiling, ice fishing, sledding. another bonus of this kind of weather... it teaches you how to drive in crappy weather.

Living in the South, I have never woke up to a white Christmas. Maybe one day! I remember 1 year it snowed on Christmas night. Of course it was a dusting but we will take anything. Last year we got ice on the trees Christmas night! I guess that is the reason my Christmas theme is snowmen.

Shannon

Growing up in Maryland, I've had enough white Christmas's to last a lifetime. It is going to be nice to live in a place where I can have shorts on, on Christmas.:g_laughin :g_laughin

Come live in Rio de Janeiro, then... At Christmas Eve, everyone is normally suntanned (or burned, in my case...), and wearing tops, shorts, light dresses... Sometimes, even at night pants are unbearable, only shorts and skirts. And we have ice-cream at Christmas supper!

Come live in Rio de Janeiro, then... At Christmas Eve, everyone is normally suntanned (or burned, in my case...), and wearing tops, shorts, light dresses... Sometimes, even at night pants are unbearable, only shorts and skirts. And we have ice-cream at Christmas supper!

:eek: ice cream at christmas dinner,lol. man i don't know if i could have a christmas without a little snoe

:eek: ice cream at christmas dinner,lol. man i don't know if i could have a christmas without a little snoe

That's what we have every year!!! Cold ham, sometimes cold turkey... 90% of the food we have is cold. And oh, not hot drinks... no hot cocoa... very few people eat marshmallows here (they are kinda expensive), and nobody puts them into hot coca.

But the interesting thing is that every xmas picture here has snow. Many people put fake snow (or cotton) on their xmas trees. And decorations are the same, stockings, snowmen, candy canes... Even if we don't have these things here. I would like to have a white christmas once, I've never seen snow...

i like a white christmas too. not often we have enough snow here yet for that although a few yrs ago we got a good one. it was kind of nice because we stayed home and enjoyed the day together. there is nothing nicer than the scene in the christmas story when ralphys parents are sitting in the dark chrismas night looking out at the snow falling..nice scene.

kathy

I used to live in Michigan and Germany, so I was used to a White Christmas. Since I've been living in Georgia for 11 years, I sure do miss them! Every couple of years we may have an ice storm that will shut down the entire state for a week (the January 2005 snow/ice storm wreaked havoc in Atlanta and the rest of the state), but it's rarely during December.

Then again, since parts of Georgia really don't know how to deal with snow and ice, maybe we're better off without it.

I used to live in Michigan and Germany, so I was used to a White Christmas. Since I've been living in Georgia for 11 years, I sure do miss them! Every couple of years we may have an ice storm that will shut down the entire state for a week (the January 2005 snow/ice storm wreaked havoc in Atlanta and the rest of the state), but it's rarely during December.

Then again, since parts of Georgia really don't know how to deal with snow and ice, maybe we're better off without it.

I'd be happy to trade places with you. I'm in Michigan. We got 10 inches of snow Wednesday night and I don't think that it has stopped snowing since. I can't even leave the house today since I don't have 4 wheel drive. I took my daughter to school this morning and it took me 10 minutes to make it up the hill to our house. I'll have to have a friend take me to pick her up today. I can't wait for all this snow to go away! Maybe it's just time for me to move south.:D

I'd be happy to trade places with you. I'm in Michigan. We got 10 inches of snow Wednesday night and I don't think that it has stopped snowing since. I can't even leave the house today since I don't have 4 wheel drive. I took my daughter to school this morning and it took me 10 minutes to make it up the hill to our house. I'll have to have a friend take me to pick her up today. I can't wait for all this snow to go away! Maybe it's just time for me to move south.:D

We can trade for one day, December 25.

I asked my mom if she could go back to Michigan, and she said "absolutely not!" (because of the snow) :)

I saw footage of snow in Kalamazoo, MI this morning, and at first it looked beautiful. Then I thought about having to drive in it.

But yes, I think it is time for you to move down south. You'll appreciate snow/ice free streets. I think I'll stop griping about the lack of snow here. :)