snow on christmas

Tracy72

I used to like snow but after getting a surprising 18" in Jan 2000 then surviving the Ice Storm of Christmas night 2000 topped off with a HUGE snowfall on New Years Eve I couldnt careless if I never see snow again

I'm all for snow, but no ice!, I too experienced the Ice Storm of Christmas 2000. I think it would be great to have a white Christmas for a few days and then a few really sunny days to melt it all away.:groovin:

i like snow on christmas day, but that's about it. any other time i wish it wouldn't snow. although, we took a trip to vegas and california last year in mid-december. we headed to a mall in california one of the days, and it was weird for me to hear christmas music when it was pretty much gorgeous outside (ie, frosty the snowman)

i like snow on christmas day, but that's about it. any other time i wish it wouldn't snow. although, we took a trip to vegas and california last year in mid-december. we headed to a mall in california one of the days, and it was weird for me to hear christmas music when it was pretty much gorgeous outside (ie, frosty the snowman)

LOL That's what happens down here... Once they tried to create a new suit for Santa Claus, like... something more tropical, that would match our weather... Nobody liked it. Children didn't believe him... So Santa still wears that heavy winter suit, in the middle of the Brazilian summer!!!

Southern Illinois?

Sounds like a place that gets alot of snow, hmm..

What kind of weather do you have around then?

Sorry didn't reply sooner! ;)

If we get snow around Christmas, it is usually a dusting. We usually get our bigger snows in January/February. We did have a huge dumping one year and the kids were out of school for almost 2 extra weeks (in addition to the 2 1/2 weeks they already get) for Christmas break. Which was soooo much fun. :D We have really cold temps but white Christmases are too few and far between.

• 2 weeks later...
How does snow feel like? I mean, the closest I've ever got to snow was when I went to Portugal, and it had snowed the day before, so I saw the snowed road from the bus window. I asked the driver to stop a little, but he couldn't... I wanted to touch it. So, how does it feel like? Could you try to describe it for me?

i grew up in the midwest too and back then there was no global efect stuff going on so we had tons of snow like it would snow like 2 feet overnight sometimes.we were by the lake and had lake effect snow.now that i have lived in other parts of the states there is not hardly any snow compared to the midwest.people won't drive in it here so i am lucky to have had the experience driving in tons of snow cause i am not afraid of driving here just afraid of the other drivers!:spamdance

Guest all2tired
Christmas is the only day that I would like to have snow. We haven't had a white Christmas in 20 years. I think snow is very pretty when it's untouched but I hate snow.

I love it snowing on X-Mas however we dont get that very much here anymore. Kinda odd cause I am in Minnesota. The past years we have had very little snow on the ground or non at all. I will never forget one year we had no snow & the grass was still green! All over town all you saw was green grass on X-Mas. We had temps in the 40s. Even in January we had temps in the 40s. Usually January here can be really cold but not that year. I think this might happen again this year. We have had very few days of cool weather. We still get days where it is in the 60s! Just strange weather we have now in MN.

I live in Northern Illinois.....and it is hit and miss each year on weather or not we have a White Christmas. I remember we had a big snow storm in early December 2000, so we had a White Christmas that year. Then I think in 2002 we had snow on Chrismas Eve...but the last few have been "Green" Christmas's.

As for this year? Who knows. It has been so warm here....it was 74 on Thursday! And today is in the 60's. So my bets are no snow for Christmas this year.

I do remember as a kid it did snow heavy on Thanksgiving one year. 1982? 1983??? Somewhere in there....

I always like to have snow on Christmas. Makes it feel more like a hoilday...and it gets you right into the spirit!