snow on christmas

Tracy72

I become less and less interested in white christmases each year.....it's a romantic idea I'd be happy to just see in the movies :)

I like snow...as long as I don't have to drive in it. The whole star trek warp speed effect freaks me out. (snow coming at you as you are driving through it...looks like you are shooting through space or something) And ice on the road makes me really nervous. I'm not used to that at all. It was only last year that I even got behind the wheel if there was snow on the ground. This year I am not going to have the option of staying home though LOL.

It was a big deal to me when I was a kid. I remember one year the forecast was pretty grim, virtually no chance for snow on Christmas. Then when we woke up on Christmas, it had snowed quite a bit (well, quite a bit being at least a few inches). Thought that was something. It's harder to get into the Christmas spirit now as an adult, but once we have kids I think it'll be even better than when I was a kid myself.

I would love a white Christmas but it's highly unlikely here.

Yep same...though this is my 4th year of being in America and having winter during Christmas. It was nice when we got snow...and getting extra days off work for "snow days"...probably won't happen again for maybe another 5 years or so. :)

blecc no snow for me, please. Grew up in the midwest and enjoy the 1/4 day of snow we get here a year and that works well for me, if I want more (which I don't) I can go to the mountains, but I'm perfectly happy not having snow on Christmas, I wouldn't mind spending time on the beach in my bathing suit on Christmas ;)

Not likely to happen here. LOL

Snow's pretty to look at, but having to get out in it to carry day to day business is miserable. I'm not really gonna miss it. (Or the winter depression for that matter)

While you guys are (freezing and) enjoying the snow, I'll plop my butt out on the beach... Then we can all be happy.. LOL

I live in NY and I hate the snow! I can live without snow all year round. I could live without on Christmas also. Driving in snow is like driving to hell I hate it my hands hurt when I get out of the car from the death grip I have on the wheel. I try to stay home as much as possible in the winter.

I grew up in the midwest and love the snow at Christmas however now that I live in southern MS we rarely if ever get snow - BUT last year we actually had snow flurries on Christmas Day! My kids loved it!!! I made sure to take lots of pictures and filmed with the video camera. :D

I guess this is a case of the 'grass is always greener on the other side'. The people who get snow regularly can do without it and the ones who never get it want it. I'm one of the ones who doesn't get it. I grew up in Mississippi and we would get snow once in a blue moon...I'm in Louisiana now and no snow. I want snow so bad!

Guest Deals4Me

Southern Illinois?

Sounds like a place that gets alot of snow, hmm..

What kind of weather do you have around then?

Yeah. You would think we got a lot. But surprisingly enough, we only get REAL bad snow storms once in a great while. We may get a little snow before christmas, but not alot and the snow is usually in jan and feb.

I love having snow for Christmas. The past couple of years we have had some, if not alot, of snow. Usually it doesn't start to really snow here in northern Indiana until January or February.

But we've been seeing signs of a early and hard winter here so we may get snow in December again this year too.

I love it when it snows on Christmas Eve! That happened a couple of years ago and I was just enchanted! I'm like a kid about Christmas!