Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Help support GottaDeal.com and use these links when shopping online this week. For more stores, see our store directory.
Walmart.com Target.com Kohls.com Amazon.com BestBuy.com Sears.com ToysRUs.com
SamsClub.com eBay.com Dell.com Groupon.com HomeDepot.com Staples.com Cabelas.com

Photo

How long does an expired domain stay in 'redemption period'?

5 replies to this topic

#1 stndn  OFFLINE  

stndn

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 15, 2005 - 6:56 pm

There is one domain I've been waiting for since August. The domain itself expired at the end of august, and was left at renewal grace period until October 4th. It has been close to 2 weeks since the grace period was over, but the domain is still unavailable for me to grab.

It says that the status of the domain is 'redemption period'.

Does this mean someone is redeeming the domain? Or is the original owner getting it? Or it's just an extended grace period?

Is there a way to grab it right now because it is supposed to be expired and released to public already?

Domain Name: *********.COM
Registrar: DIRECT INFORMATION PVT. LTD., DBA DIRECTI.COM
Whois Server: whois.directi.com
Referral URL: http://www.directi.com
Name Server: DNS.PARKPAGE.FOUNDATIONAPI.COM
Name Server: DNS2.PARKPAGE.FOUNDATIONAPI.COM
Updated Date: 04-oct-2005
Creation Date: 24-aug-2004
Expiration Date: 24-aug-2005

>>> Last update of whois database: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 02:29:33 EDT <<<
NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

#2 Ankit  OFFLINE  

Ankit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 15, 2005 - 7:03 pm

Wait a few days, should be available soon from what I know

#3 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 15, 2005 - 7:06 pm

I think the average is 45-60 days after expiration date listed in WHOIS.

#4 Beau6183  OFFLINE  

Beau6183

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 12, 2005 - 1:03 pm

It varies. You can get a domain-name reservation service for a fairly reasonable price. I had to check on pictars.com everyday for 3 months (expired oct 13, became available Jan 14).

#5 stndn  OFFLINE  

stndn

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 12, 2005 - 7:45 pm

What's even more weird is..
If I check for the domain name status from http://www.whois.net/, it says that the domain name is now available.
However, when I try to register for the domain name in question through NameCheap, the domain is always taken and as such I can't register for it.

But yah, I've also been checking on that once every few days. Not really something I must get, but it's something that I'd like to get (the domain name)

Edit:
Just checked it via GoDaddy a while back.
Apparently, some domain squatter just snatched the domain ever since November 10th.

Blah, how was it not available when I checked back then? -(

Oh well, no loss for me since it's not really something I really really have to get.

#6 psiu  OFFLINE  

psiu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 13, 2005 - 7:53 am

What's even more weird is..
If I check for the domain name status from http://www.whois.net/, it says that the domain name is now available.
However, when I try to register for the domain name in question through NameCheap, the domain is always taken and as such I can't register for it.

But yah, I've also been checking on that once every few days. Not really something I must get, but it's something that I'd like to get (the domain name)

Edit:
Just checked it via GoDaddy a while back.
Apparently, some domain squatter just snatched the domain ever since November 10th.

Blah, how was it not available when I checked back then? -(

Oh well, no loss for me since it's not really something I really really have to get.

Different registrars will have different results, I noticed. Dotster wasn't having one available, but GoDaddy did, so now both my domains are through Godaddy.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users