Which ereader do I get?

tast

Okay have the nook color and a nice case and the warranty,,,I am LOVING it! Is there any forums or good blog sites I checked fb and they just want to much info to make my fb not for friends only I may go look more, Do you guys have any ideas? Where do you go?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I ended up getting the nook color and I love it. Now I hear they may be coming out with another new one by barnes&noble. Do you go to any sites other than B&N? I like to read the forums on cheap ereads and free books and other deals and reviews.

Here is a tip for the Nook people. I have one and we got my mom one a few months later and she loves too. We found out that you can register up to 5 Nooks on the same account which is handy if you read very similar books and you don't mind "sharing" in some ways. We didn't know you could do this. So we unregistered my moms unit - and she did lose the 2 books she had bought but we chalked it up - and then we re-registered it to MY BN account online. Now our units are basically identical units when you look at them. When I get a book,it shows up on her unit and vice versa. The credit card we use is mine and we keep track of purchases and we split a book price if it was something we would have both bought. It works out well. The only thing is that you can't both read the same book at the same time but it's never been a problem.

I think you may misunderstand. You can have unlimited kindles registered to your kindle account and the books can be put on up to 6 kindles at one time and can be read on all of them at the same time. Since the publishers set these rules, I assume they work for Nook also. Many book clubs are registering to one account so they can all read teh same books without everyone purchasing their own copy. Keep in mine, B and N customer service is reported as horrible and you can't return a book if you buy it by accident or don't like it, but amazon gives you 7 days. They also replace the kindles free overnight if yuou break them or have problems. They give you 30 days to return the old unit . B and N don't do that either. I've had 2 replacement kindles myself and I didn't even buy it in the first place, it was a gift.

I think you may misunderstand. You can have unlimited kindles registered to your kindle account and the books can be put on up to 6 kindles at one time and can be read on all of them at the same time. Since the publishers set these rules, I assume they work for Nook also. Many book clubs are registering to one account so they can all read teh same books without everyone purchasing their own copy. Keep in mine, B and N customer service is reported as horrible and you can't return a book if you buy it by accident or don't like it, but amazon gives you 7 days. They also replace the kindles free overnight if yuou break them or have problems. They give you 30 days to return the old unit . B and N don't do that either. I've had 2 replacement kindles myself and I didn't even buy it in the first place, it was a gift.

I have had to call customer service twice for a credit card mix up (cc # no good and purchase rejected, yadda yadda) and had no trouble with B&N customer service myself. Don't know about anyone else. My husband also purchased a book when the unit was brand new that he didn't intend to and it was refunded with no problem. All he had to do was call. Of course he did it right away - I can imagine if you waited a few days there would be a problem as you could have read the book by then.

I know our unit came with some sort of a breakage warranty standard, we did not buy the upgraded policy. If we had a problem during the standard time my understanding is we could go to the store for replacement, however do not quote me on that as that is my memory and I do not know for sure. I'm pretty careful with mine- had it for over a year with no issues as had DH - No breakage so I suppose it's pretty durable - sorry to hear you've had to replace your Kindle twice. Glade they fixed it quickly, that's quite the inconvenience.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had my kindle for two years now and love it! For Christmas this past year, I bought my daughter the Nook (based on the fact that she could read library books on it and that feature wasn't available for the kindle at that time). In the beginning of February the screen froze and then went black. We took it to the B&N store we purchased it from and they told us to call customer service as they didn't have anything to do with servicing the Nook. They refused to exchange it. We called cust svc. and they did send a replacement - but, it was a refurbished unit. I was upset b/c I had purchased the unit brand new less than 45 days prior and now was being sent a refurbished one. That said, everyone I spoke with (even at the store) was very nice and polite. I wish now I had purchased her a kindle.

Noelle

Any thoughts on the kindle and reading magazines?

I think if you aren't too concerned with graphics/pictures it is okay. Also, some of the magazines seem to have a "funny" orientation which at times makes it a bit confusing to read.

Noelle

I have had my kindle for two years now and love it! For Christmas this past year, I bought my daughter the Nook (based on the fact that she could read library books on it and that feature wasn't available for the kindle at that time). In the beginning of February the screen froze and then went black. We took it to the B&N store we purchased it from and they told us to call customer service as they didn't have anything to do with servicing the Nook. They refused to exchange it. We called cust svc. and they did send a replacement - but, it was a refurbished unit. I was upset b/c I had purchased the unit brand new less than 45 days prior and now was being sent a refurbished one. That said, everyone I spoke with (even at the store) was very nice and polite. I wish now I had purchased her a kindle.

Noelle

Even with teh kindle, it would have been refurbished. They replace them with no questions asked, but you only get a new replacement if it's within 30 days. After that, it's a refurbished one. If you don't like the replacement, call them and they will send you a different one. We will have library lending this year. The customer service is awesome.