CVS Deals Discussion - Jan '11

freesia39

All C-mas is GONE at my CVS store. And, for anything Christmas that might have been, ehh... ummm hidden.... :), it's scanning full price. WTH!!!??

I 'may' have had another $10 giant Hershey bar stashed away in the hopes of getting it for $1... NO LUCK. My waistline says "thank you CVS," but my sweet tooth says, "awww... why no 90%!??"

Did they mark it all down to 90% during the week or just take it away?? It only just went to 75% at this store last Sunday. Today, not a speck of Christmas anywhere.

Oh well.

I was in my closest store yesterday and they still had about as much Xmas stuff at 75% as they did last Sunday when it first went.

There are a few things I'd take off their hands at 90% off ;)

Oh,all the 75% toys/gift items were gone (I stocked up last week tho).

Shelves cleaned out of Christmas stuff here too. Talked to both managers at my stores and they were surprised and aggravated that they had to box everything up and store it. I cleaned up last year at the 90% off sale and was saving ECBs for today's anticipated markdown. Oh well, glad I stocked up at Target's 90% off sale, but would have enjoyed the annual treasure hunt at CVS too. Found a few holiday stragglers and scanned them out of curiosity . . . everything ringing full price.:yuck:

Same here in Rochester, Ny. The CVS across the street from me had some stuff left and they said they would manually ring it in at 75%. I really didn't see anything I wanted. I did scan my card and got a $3 off coupon for Physicans formula makeup. My daughter is into their deep pigmented eyeshadow. There were some 75% off so she got 2 for under $2.50. She saved about $22:D

Christmas was scanning at regular price today. When I asked the cashier if Christmas was no longer on sale, she said, "No, it's 90% off." There were no signs up at all. She just manually rung everything 90% off. So you might want to ask even if it scans regular price.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that CVS hasn't really been having alot of chances to roll your ECBs?

Last month I let around $12 of ECB expire and just now I noticed that I had another $18 expire last week. Wow .. that means I haven't been to CVS in over a month! Yikes!

I went to my closest CVS today and when I scanned my card,I got a $5 off 2 Revlon cosmetics coupon so of course I started looking for the 75% off stickers (even though they had spend $10 and get $4 ECB). I found some mineral powder 75% off so they were $3.49 each then $5 off the two. But the best part was a new program they have started that my cashier enrolled me in immediately which is some Beauty Rewards (I forget exactly what it's called) which gives you 10% off every beauty item (cosmetics,hair dye and I don't know what all else). We didn't know if it would work on clearance items but it did! So I got 2 ,originally $13.99 each, mineral powders for less than a buck a piece :D Also with this program,once you reach $50,you automatically get a $5 ECB. All you need is your card.

I got some Loreal hair color clearanced out for $4.99,plus the 10% off and I had a manufacturer's for $2.

Pretty happy with CVS!

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that CVS hasn't really been having alot of chances to roll your ECBs?

Last month I let around $12 of ECB expire and just now I noticed that I had another $18 expire last week. Wow .. that means I haven't been to CVS in over a month! Yikes!

Maybe they haven't had a lot of chances to roll, but you should at least buy something with the ECBs. $30 is a lot to lose!

I used mine to buy Diet Coke, which I've been patiently waiting to go on sale at CVS. That's about the only grocery thing I ever buy there. I used a $6 in quarterly rewards and a $4 ecb from something I bought a few weeks ago (can't remember what though!!)

Anyway, got 5 12 packs of coke for $5 and then got the $5 ecb to use later.

So, I wonder if 2011 started a new policy at CVS about taking stuff to 90% off?? Anyone have any friends that work there? Or, has anyone seen anything clearance that low this year? I know it's probably kind of slow with clearance right now since coming off the holidays. I just thought it was strange that they did it for Halloween and then all of a sudden not for Christmas clearance. Guess we'll have to see what Valentines Day brings?? I don't shop there a lot, but I always enjoyed popping in every once and a while to see if there was anything useful on clearance.