Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Targets by me went 75% off yesterday Christmas and Dollar spot - pretty much what everyone else has been listing. Went right at 8am assuming a crowd but no one there. What I loved was that everything said 50% still but was scanning 75% - it was so fun letting people know and watching them go back to look again! I even got the attention of a few Target employees and they started grabbing stuff because they apparently were surprised as well. I wish I would have remembered about the PJs and underwear though - forgot to look but then again my basket was too full.

Hit several stores today. Found a few goodies, but most were already picked over. Too bad I didn't feel better yesterday. :( Only one of the stores had just gone down today, so I got most there.

Bargain of the day came at my last store and was random. I got a Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle for 50% off!!!!! None of the rest of the Lego HP was even on sale at this store. It was the only store that had Hogwarts marked down that I know of so it was a real steal!

That's too bad!! I went to Malvern, Exton, and Oaks, PA Targets yesterday - all were at 75% and all still had quite a bit of stuff, including lights (just string & icicle lights mainly). You probably don't want to travel 1.5 hours - but just FYI.

I plan to go to IKEA in Conshocken today, so will check the Target near there as well (I believe it's listed as Plymouth Meeting), from past experience, they don't mark down on the same schedule as the others nearer me, so may still be at 50%, but will let you know.

:)

FYI... Plymouth Meeting is usually picked over before the clearance sales even begin. It is one of the highest volume stores in the area so a lot of time its pretty hard to find clearance deals. Malvern is a lower volume store, probably because many people don't know about it and is a gold mind when it comes to clearance items.

Of course all the Targets went to 75% today.. thankfully I only spent $10 yesterday.

Today I spent $35 mostly on ornaments and these Garland that I LOVE that matches our theme.. a cool Pink Tree skirt.

I will wait till 90% and hope the have the wrapping paper and stuff so I can stock up. I finally ran out this year after stocking up 2008.

my store went 75% off today also. I had to SERIOUSLY resist the 7.5 ft white tree, normally $220 for $50. My dh knows I have been dying for a white tree and when I told him about it when I got home, said I shoulda got it. ugh. Will check tmw when I go into work.

Bummer, our targets here didn't have any 7 1/2 foot white trees!!!!!!!!!!!! (at least, not that I could ever find) :( I would have bought that in a second! Hope they still have one when you go back! They seem to be in high demand around here.

I was told by an employee that they were removing Christmas from stores tomorrow, but our stores just went 75 yesterday.

I overhead an employee say almost the same thing yesterday. He said "Just think, all of this will be gone by Monday!" Are they skipping 90% off this year? They are still at 75% off today and there is a bunch left. Paper, tress, plates, cookies. Maybe tomorrow it will be 90%.

I expect 90% to start at some stores tomorrow.

Definitely agree with that. My store went 75% off on Wed but was still 75% today (it's the 4th day now). Last year, it went 90% off on a Sunday - so I'm guessing that it will go 90% (if it does) tomorrow. Oh, no Christmas trees at all left here - just lots of decorations and stuff.

Quick trip, we found a Christmas light checker, which we really need. They were taking all the pink dot (75% off) Dollar Spot out of the area, so I suspect they may skip the 90% at least for some items.

As I learned last Christmas, the Dollar Spot only goes to 75% off and then is salvaged. It does not go to 90% off with the other Christmas items. So there is still hope.

As I learned last Christmas, the Dollar Spot only goes to 75% off and then is salvaged. It does not go to 90% off with the other Christmas items. So there is still hope.

A few times some of the dollar spot items went to 90% off here. Maybe it was Easter. I can't remember but it was either Christmas or Easter.

When they said they would be removing it tomorrow that could have meant that it would go to 90% off and everything that doesn't sell they will salvage. Because usually 90% off doesn't last more than a day or two tops (and usually it's cleared out in a couple of hours).

I do not put any stock in employees mentioning that they wouldn't be marking it to 90% off. First of all, most employees have no idea how it works and are just guessing. The ones that DO know could easily be throwing people off on purpose. Because they want the good deals, too, and if the store is packed with people when they mark it down, it will all be gone before they can take their breaks. I have seen enough employees filling carts with clearance items under the guise of "moving" them to know that they look forward to it, too. (And I also think that sometimes they don't change the signage on purpose so they can get what they want before the average customer realizes it's marked down). Apparently I am a conspiracy theorist when it comes to Target employees and clearance deals. But it's for good reason!

My Target was still 75% today. I overheard two employees talking about waiting till tomorrow before they are buying some merchandise. I'm pretty sure they meant because it will be 90% tomorrow. As soon as they noticed me they stopped talking and moved to another area! There wasn't too much left but what I won't buy at 75%, I will at 90%. Edited by jean111

Candy is still 50% off. I wonder why they are doing it like this now. I know a year or more ago the candy would get marked down at the same time everything else was.

I also saw boxes of golf balls for 30-50% off. A few different brands were on clearance.