Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Stuff gets put where it shouldn't. They should be more careful, yes. But especially when it comes to food stuff, scanning first will save a lot of aggravation. Arguing with the checkout person may get you somewhere, but is the argument over a box of cookies really worth it? Maybe it is.

I scored some goldfish today..I didn't even know what I was looking for but Santa fishy was staring me in the face I figured it was worth a scan. My stores also had pringles and ritz in holiday packaging but not ringing up as part of clearance. It made me laugh since they didn't clearance out some reese's peanut butter halloween no bake kits and those bats are still on store shelves now. On the other hand, I found lots of hickory farms sausages, a few cheeses, the knots berry jams, planters nut mixes and the archway cookies all 70% off. Then there was a holiday packaged pack of popcorn stuff that rang through at full price and got returned this morning. I only wanted the butter and seasoning thing not worth 12.99 :P

I agree it's easier to scan everything and know where you stand when you get to checkouts. I did this and forgot anyways yesterday so had to go back and get a price adjustment on a pair of blackout liners. Guy at CS couldn't figure out how they'd been sold to me. He said he shouldn't be selling me them but did so anyways. They rung up for him 24.99 which is regular price but on my receipt yesterday they came up 22.49 and tag showed repackaging discount down to 17.99.

I lucked out with CS guy today as he mentioned to lady ahead of me she could repurchase stuff cheaper if she wanted so I took advantage and did the same with a few things too.

Honestly, I know it stinks that you were under the impression they were 50 off, but it really seems that the food is being marked differently than the rest. But some food gift sets did go to 70 off. It is confusing, which apparently so was the worker. I am not sure if this really warrants a call to corporate. You asked, which was acceptable, to honor the sign, they said no. Hopefully you can find more when they really get marked down.

I always have problems with Target pricing. Hardly any of the sales prices ring up correctly. Once I purchased a pair of shoes for my son - clearance sign for $4.99 right under the shoes. They rang up $24.99; cashier called a magr to check and said the sign was wrong and didn't honor the price. I love Target, but I always have to scan prices - don't trust any of the sale signs.

Anyone seen 90% this morning? Anyone, anyone? ...this suspense always gets to me.....

and me but I finally slept in a bit and am washing cars.

Anyone know if Target can reprint a receipt from their cc if you know day of purchase? lost a 50% off receipt:(