How much money have you spent on Christmas????

bugsette

Thank you Bugsette but the real KUDOs go to Mysschevous and her/his family for adopting 3 local families this Christmas. S/he has a very compassionate heart to see their need (and their need beyond the obvious).

A lot of folks in my hospital, (myself included), just got word last week that our hours have been cut from full to part time or worse yet, lost their job entirely as of Dec. 31st. And it is too late now to apply for any help to get some of these folks through the holiday.

We sing in the carol that "...Christ was born on Christmas Day.... Oh tidings of comfort and joy!" It is a joyful time! It is a lot of fun being family, and opening gifts and eating all those wonderful goodies etc. etc. And there is nothing wrong with enjoying the rewards of honest labor! (Shop away!) But there is also a quiet joy that comes from sharing a gift of food/clothes which brings comfort to another.

Christmas Blessings everyone!

Hmmmm probably $500 - 600 total. (And that would be generous) I shop all year so my outlay this time of year is low. (But those Daily Deals do add up fast! And all those boxes of fudge covered ritz crackers my Dad will soon be unwrapping. LOL!:D)

And I have already spend $90 on next years Christmas Gifts. (2 holiday sweaters (clearance) from Kohl's, 2 pairs of P.J's from Disney Store (b1g1), a NWT Bugs Bunny Jean Jacket & a NWT cat sweater both found on Ebay.)

Today I was a "big" spender I spent $67.87 on groceries for a sick (cancer), uninsured neighbor. Just a gentle reminder, as tough as things are right now, if I can find $690 to spend on Christmas gifts for family and friends, I can find a tithe (10%) to put food on the table for someone else.

Wishing you all a very blessed, joy-filled Christmas!

(Only thing left for me to do now is keep the old people out of NEXT YEAR's presents!)

You are obviously a very thoughtful and kind person. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.