overstock.com never never again

Illinoismom

So I ordered a locket for DD 13 for Christmas on the 9th, got a shipping notice on the 13th but as of today the tracking number doesn't work, So I had this wonderful chat with them today. I will never never never buy from overstock.com

Welcome to Overstock.com Live Chat, you will be joined with a chat representative as quickly as possible.

You are now chatting with Shelbie F..

you: sorry

Shelbie F.: Hello, how can I help you?

you: when I go to the post office wen site it states that my order can not be found http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=9102148008600534511969

you: this order number

Shelbie F.: For security purposes may I please have your name and full billing address? Also what is the email address on your account and is it updated?

you: but your site states it was shipped 12/13

you:

you: 61257

you: aol.com

you: yes because you sent me the shipping notice

Shelbie F.: just few minutes please while I take a look at the tracking please.

you: okay

Shelbie F.: the USPS does not update there information well and if you saw on the tracking page from them it says event information may not be available if your item was mailed recently. Please try again later. If this has not changed in a few days then I would be concerned but not yet.

you: they up date daily and you shipped it on the 13 this is why I haven't bought from you all in 5 years because this happened before

you: yout only site say's it may take 24 hours its been why more then that

you: this is a Christmas Present and today it Friday how long do you want me to wait till after Christmas

Shelbie F.: well it has only been a few days, I am sorry to hear that is the reason why you have chosen not to shop with us. I can assure you that if this information is incorrect that we will either find the item or get another sent to you. I would still wait a few days just to make sure that way you don't receive two items and have to return one.

you: It's not even in the USPS system

you: again this is Friday it was shipped your site say's Monday Christmas is next Friday

you: If I wait longer it will not get here

Shelbie F.: just a few minutes please.

Shelbie F.: thank you for holding.

Shelbie F.: your item will be delivered by or on December 24th.

you: Yeah okay say's who

you: because it should have been here by now, I have things shipped all time and I only have problems with your company

Shelbie F.: the item page.

Shelbie F.: the tracking is not updated because your item is one of the few that has the shipping to be delivered by then that is why. It is guaranteed that it will be delivered by then.

Shelbie F.: please look in the shipping tab on the product page.

you: Well your delivery notice say's it shipped on the 13th and unless it is coming pony express it should have been here. That is not what my notice say's

you: well I can tell you that I am done with your company no amount of credit will ever entice me shop here again. I do hope you have a Merry Christmas, Because if it is not here your company has ruined my 13 years

Shelbie F.: I am sorry it will not update probably until the time of delivery. I am sorry that it is taking longer than you would like but it will be delivered.

you: USPS doesnt work that way tracking notice are just that so you can track where and when your item will arrive

So frustrating

I am SO Sorry this is happening to you! I have a few customers that I shipped out via Priority Mail on Tuesday and they still have not arrived - 2 in IL and 1 in New York - I wonder if it has something to do with weather conditions?

No this package was never mailed, it is still sitting in the wharehouse, and the tracking number they supplied is bogus. Big differance then being in transit

USPS tracking does NOT work the same way as UPS, FedEx, etc. It does not get updated at every stop. In my experience, it will either say "There is no record of this item" or "Shipping information received" -- no more. They don't give detailed updates every step of the way.

WOW it was really never shipped. I too was going to say that my USPS tracking only shows when they ship it and when it actually arrives, never anything inbetween even they they are suppose to scan it along the way..why again do we pay so much to ship USPS!?!?! I HATE when things are shipped through them! I do hope you actually do get it in time

I've had nothing but great experiences with Overstock.com. Unfortunately -- and sometimes fortunately for us -- due to the hectic pace of the holiday shopping season, a lot of retailers are making many mistakes. I wouldn't rule them out in the future based on this one experience, though I understand how frustrating it can be. I'm sure if you call in they will make sure it gets to you in time for Christmas. I hope you get it in time!

I agree calling in MAY result in better service but then again having chatted online with another rep may have helped too. Sorry you're having a hard time with this. It's must be especially difficult with the holidays coming up. I would definitely call back and request a manager, it just seems wishy washy. 1st she knows nothing and then magically it's being/has been mailed for delievery 12/24. It's such a perfect date because if you don't call by then they won't have to listen to you and after then it's kinda pointless to call and be upset because it's already ruined your holiday plans for gift.

Of course I had to check tracking. I am obsessed with tracking numbers. :D

This is what the site said

Label/Receipt Number: 9102 1480 0860 0534 5119 69

Class: Package Services

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 17, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

So they said they shipped, but it appears that they haven't! OMG! So frustrating!

I hope you get the locket for your daughter. I had a pendant custom made for my Mom from an artist on Etsy and it took less time for me to get it!

Of course I had to check tracking. I am obsessed with tracking numbers. :D

This is what the site said

Label/Receipt Number: 9102 1480 0860 0534 5119 69

Class: Package Services

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 17, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

So they said they shipped, but it appears that they haven't! OMG! So frustrating!

I hope you get the locket for your daughter. I had a pendant custom made for my Mom from an artist on Etsy and it took less time for me to get it!

Wow that is not what was on the USPS site this morning, it said number not found so maybe the nasty survey I did made it magically move to the post office.

I guess they didn't like the answers on my survey as they have now seemed to have shipped it

Thank you for contacting Overstock.com Customer Care. Please review our response to your inquiry in the "Discussion" section below.

We believe that we have resolved your inquiry. However, if it has not been answered to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

If you have already registered this email address with Overstock.com, you may click the link below to view or update this inquiry. If you are a new customer, click here to register your email address first, before clicking on the link below.

If you have already registered this email address with Overstock.com, you may click here to view or update this inquiry.

If you would rather reply to this email, please click "Reply" and enter your additional information in the space provided below. We are unable to process text in any other part of this message.

<------- Enter your reply BELOW this line ------->

<------- Enter your reply ABOVE this line ------->

Discussion:

Agent Reply (Spencer G.) 12/17/2010 10:07 PM

Dear Paula,

Thank you for your recent survey and for bringing the problem concerning your order Sterling Silver Heart-shaped Butterfly Locket Necklace to our attention. I apologize that the tracking was not updated. Your continued business means a great deal to us.

According to the latest USPS tracking information, this package has begun the shipping process and has been set up for Delivery Confirmation service from USPS. This service will update the tracking information again when the item is received at your local sort facility. I have double checked our records and have determined that this item is one of the items which is guaranteed delivery by 12/24. I apologize that you have not been updated with this tracking information.

USPS tracking:

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=9102148008600534511969

Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you. If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know by replying directly to this email. I am more than happy to help. Thank you again for participating in our online survey.

Sincerely,

Spencer G.

Customer Care

Overstock.com

At my company I am responsible for all the orders that are shipped overseas. The vast majority that we ship to are APO addresses for the military and US Embassies, so we use USPS (no other option). Their delivery confirmation is definitely less than reliable. I mean, if it shows delivered it's been delivered, but I'd estimate that about 10% of the time it will show the "no information" or that it never left our local post office, but it has been received by the customer. Of course, the fact that the post office just has us drop shipments at the counter and doesn't process them on the spot may have something to do with that.

still hasn't changed, we have been notified that an item is ready to be picked up to ship

I am not holding my breath

Based on my experience with the USPS, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delivered and the status still says it's ready for pickup. Lots of orders I ship via them show it never left the local post office but get delivered anyway.

I had the same problem with a Buy.com order...got the shipment info within hours of the order then nothing. Finally contacted them after 9 days only to be told it was USPS's fault. After calling another time, I was told it was a software thing, that the order process automatically spits out a label with the tracking on it, but the warehouse may not get it packed and shipped til days later. I found it interesting that 24 hours after calling the information was magically updated like yours was though. It's very frustrating.

Based on my experience with the USPS, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delivered and the status still says it's ready for pickup. Lots of orders I ship via them show it never left the local post office but get delivered anyway.

This happens to me all the time. I get antsy because it hasn't shown it even shipped and then next thing I know it is delivered. i guess we are all spoiled by FedEx, UPS, and DHL because they have real time updated notices. USPS sucks at updating anything.

My problem was with Amazon...I ordered my husband's ipod from them on Thanksgiving day, I have Prime, and it still took about 2 weeks to get it!!! I was furious!!!

I have only purchased 1 thing from Overstock, a purse. When I got it, it had someone's shopping list in it...needless to say, it went back ASAP!! I didn't pay for a USED purse

My problem was with Amazon...I ordered my husband's ipod from them on Thanksgiving day, I have Prime, and it still took about 2 weeks to get it!!! I was furious!!!

I have only purchased 1 thing from Overstock, a purse. When I got it, it had someone's shopping list in it...needless to say, it went back ASAP!! I didn't pay for a USED purse

OMG - SOMEONE ELSE'S shopping list?!? :eyepoppin I would have been on that phone to them SO fast - the phone lines would have burned down!