Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Christmas morning breakfast. What do you have?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 dealluvr  OFFLINE  

dealluvr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 17, 2010 - 6:08 pm

i tried making these butter tarts and homemade pie crust i cant stop eatin em we will have these i am taking some to school tomorrow too
http://thumbp1.mail....=1117&fid=Inbox
i love my boys

#32 ObiRich  OFFLINE  

ObiRich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 7:22 pm

Our Christmas tradition...pecan rolls and fruit cocktail. yummy

#33 tokanm  OFFLINE  

tokanm

Mary-Ellen

• 5,101 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 8:27 pm

Always monkey bread while opening gifts. We do not open stockings until christmas night before bed. It gives them something to look forward to once all the excitement of the big day is ending. I have never heard of eating gravy for breakfast. We only have gravy with a roast, although i don't care for gravy myself

#34 floridasun5  OFFLINE  

floridasun5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 19, 2010 - 4:08 pm

I always go all out and make Christmas breakfast more special than any other day. I'll be prepping everything on Friday as well, so all I have to do is stick both items in the oven. Stuffed french toast - basically just french toast with a filling in between the slices of bread made with bananas, cream cheese, chocolate chips, sugar, etc. It's drizzled with a sugar syrup, baked and topped with fresh whipped cream Quiche - egg, bacon, cheese and onion quiche Fruit - just a side of whatever fresh fruits I can find at the store this week.

#35 AmyNay  OFFLINE  

AmyNay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 2:44 am

this one is good too
http://www.tasteofho...ast-Casserole-2
Posted Image

I do something very similar to this except with the left over ham from Christmas Eve dinner! :)

#36 JohnnyLaRue  OFFLINE  

JohnnyLaRue

• 3,912 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 5:01 am

I used to go to Denny's when I was in the USA. I would tip the waitress $50 just cause I had nobody else to give a gift to in the morning and I wanted to start the day off right.

#37 Buckeye Shopper  OFFLINE  

Buckeye Shopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 6:26 am

We do a large baked apple pancake, I bake it in a 8 or 9 inch cast iron skillet and slice it like a pie, bacon, sausage, and eggs.

#38 HansieDZ  OFFLINE  

HansieDZ

• 1,582 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 11:51 am

I usually make French Toast Casserole the day before,then put it in the oven first thing Christmas morning. The kids don't eat much of it,as they have most likely eaten candy from their stockings,but Hub likes it for breakfast :) Oh! and sausage or bacon to go alongside.

"The years run too short and the days too fast."~Time Passages (Al Stewart)

#39 mgmckny  OFFLINE  

mgmckny

• 2,837 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 4:24 pm

I used to go to Denny's when I was in the USA. I would tip the waitress $50 just cause I had nobody else to give a gift to in the morning and I wanted to start the day off right.

For that tip, I'd sure be glad to refill your coffee, get you extra food, polish your shoes.
“Next to a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho :yup:

#40 Kibit13  OFFLINE  

Kibit13

• 1,412 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 6:01 pm

I have to try everyones sausage biscuit and gravy ideas. I typically make homemade buttermilk biscuits and roll and cut them out. I've been making my own sausage lately too. I tried some frozen biscuits about a week ago that were as close to homemade as I've ever tasted and I will use those and some sausage from a local company. Thanks for the ideas!

#41 Kibit13  OFFLINE  

Kibit13

• 1,412 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 6:02 pm

We do a large baked apple pancake, I bake it in a 8 or 9 inch cast iron skillet and slice it like a pie, bacon, sausage, and eggs.

Your baked apple pancake sounds yummy!

#42 jstluvem  OFFLINE  

jstluvem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 6:10 pm

For that tip, I'd sure be glad to refill your coffee, get you extra food, polish your shoes.

shoes ? Lol

#43 Buckeye Shopper  OFFLINE  

Buckeye Shopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 21, 2010 - 4:13 am

Your baked apple pancake sounds yummy!

It's wonderful, here's the recipe if you want to try it. I got this from a restaurant in Tennessee.

2 sliced and peeled apples (your choice, recipe calls for red delicious)
3/4 C butter
3/4 C brown sugar
1 t cinnamon
3 C prepared pancake mix

Heat butter, apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon on top of stove until hot, using a 10" cast iron skillet. Pour pankacke batter over apple mixture and bake 350 degrees 25-30 minutes. When finished baking turn pan onto plate (so your apples are on top) and slice. You can serve with your favorite warm syrup or it's good just the way it is.

#44 SuggaD  OFFLINE  

SuggaD

• 1,223 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2010 - 4:45 am

we make this
http://www.tasteofho...Toast-Casserole

Posted Image

and this
http://www.tasteofho...-Enchilada-Bake

this one is good too
http://www.tasteofho...ast-Casserole-2
Posted Image

What kind of white bread works best for this recipe?

#45 dealluvr  OFFLINE  

dealluvr

• 7,300 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2010 - 5:15 am

Always monkey bread while opening gifts. We do not open stockings until christmas night before bed. It gives them something to look forward to once all the excitement of the big day is ending.
I have never heard of eating gravy for breakfast. We only have gravy with a roast, although i don't care for gravy myself

it is the best dipping biscuits in the savory gravy
i love my boys

#46 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 3,389 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2010 - 12:13 pm

I love sausage gravy, but even though I have been in Florida four times longer than in the yankee town where I spent most of my childhood, I have not developed a liking for sausage gravey on biscuits. They get too pastey for me. Instead, I love to ladle it on to extra crispy hash brown potatoes.

Yum, yum, yummy...

#47 Jen198  OFFLINE  

Jen198

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2010 - 12:35 pm

Since it's just DH and I, I make eggs, potatos and english muffins or toast..with some fruit. Or sometimes we go to Dunkins or Starbucks. We started a tradition when we first moved in together 12 years ago that we would open presents to each other Christmas Night. We were always running around to our families. Now even though we don't have to drive much..we still open them that night. :)
Cushing's Disease Stinks...:mad:

#48 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,034 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2010 - 8:05 am

OK folks looking over this thread has made we want to do Christmas breakfast but I've never had french toast. Would it be ok to make french toast casserole and the sausage casserole? Or would the flavors not go well together or it be way too much? Looking at the ingredients maybe just the HOLIDAY BRUNCH CASSEROLE will do. Just need to buy the sausage and another dozen eggs then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users