Christmas morning breakfast. What do you have?

Kibit13

When I was little we would make donuts on Christmas Eve and if there were any left (hot donuts are so good!):yup: then we would have them for breakfast with orange juice and coffee for my parents and grandparents. We would eat these while we opened our gifts and then we played with our toys and snacked the rest of the day until our Christmas dinner.:D

Now DH and I may get bagels from a local bagel shop or I may make french toast, but this year I am thinking about bringing back our donut tradition.

What do you do for Christmas morning breakfast?

I loved making monkey bread cause I would put it all together Christmas eve and then just leave it in the oven overnight. Flip the oven on once the kids got up and would love yummy goodness in about 20 minutes.

Also love to do the overnight sausage casserole too.

Sometimes we switch it up and do country ham biscuits.

I loved making monkey bread cause I would put it all together Christmas eve and then just leave it in the oven overnight. Flip the oven on once the kids got up and would love yummy goodness in about 20 minutes.

Also love to do the overnight sausage casserole too.

Sometimes we switch it up and do country ham biscuits.

what kind of overnite sausage casserole do you make?

We don't have a certain thing that we eat on Christmas morning.. usualy the kids are into their christmas stockings and have already opened some candy, and everyone just sorta picks at things untill Christmas dinner...

after opening stockings only at home, my family and i all go to a truck stop diner in my city, (which my kids love) on Christmas morning...it is the only place open so it gets very busy and we usually have a party of 15 ppl but my kids look forward to it every year and my ex husband and his new wife also go as well (kids LOVE having us all in the same place for a meal even if at separate tables) then the kids leave to spend day with their dad and come home and finish opening presents at night after dinner.

Once the kids force us to get up, I throw cinnamon rolls in the oven. Once the presents are all opened, I make French toast, eggs, bacon and sausage...however, this year I'm looking for some more things like cinnamon tolls that require minimal work from me but that will still be filling.

after opening stockings only at home, my family and i all go to a truck stop diner in my city, (which my kids love) on Christmas morning...it is the only place open so it gets very busy and we usually have a party of 15 ppl but my kids look forward to it every year and my ex husband and his new wife also go as well (kids LOVE having us all in the same place for a meal even if at separate tables) then the kids leave to spend day with their dad and come home and finish opening presents at night after dinner.

Your breakfast sound like fun and its cool that you all can get together.

We do pork ribs and toast. It's a traditional breakfast that my grandma's grandma started way back when. I remember going to their house and having it when I was growing up, and now I've continued the tradition with my family. My boys love it, but all of our friends think we're crazy :) I couldn't imagine Christmas breakfast any other way. I usually make monkey bread to snack on as well.

I do a sausage casserole as well, lol. It is very easy and yummy.

ingredients:

2 pkgs. of crescent rolls

2 pkgs. of cream cheese

1 roll of jimmy dean mild sausage

1 roll of jimmy dean hot sausage

1 bag of cheddar cheese

cook sausage, drain. add in both pkgs of cream cheese and cook til melted. spray baking dish with cooking spray. lay 1 roll of crescent rolls on bottom. add sausage/cream cheese mixture once its done on the stovetop. add bag of cheese on top of sausage. top with last roll of crescents. bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

Our family does a big Christmas breakfast. Eggs fried and scrambled, sausage, bacon, and fried fatback, gravy, homemade biscuits, fried apples, and pancakes. I know I am forgetting something. DD7 and I spend next week with my parents so we can enjoy Christmas together. While we are cooking and waiting for the grown kids and their families to arrive DD7 opens her stocking. After breakfast we take our time opening gifts one person at a time. The rest of the day we just snack.

Our family does a big Christmas breakfast. Eggs fried and scrambled, sausage, bacon, and fried fatback, gravy, homemade biscuits, fried apples, and pancakes. I know I am forgetting something. DD7 and I spend next week with my parents so we can enjoy Christmas together. While we are cooking and waiting for the grown kids and their families to arrive DD7 opens her stocking. After breakfast we take our time opening gifts one person at a time. The rest of the day we just snack.

Holy Shrimp ! I'm coming to your house

we make this

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Maple-French-Toast-Casserole

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps18225_CB7479C257.jpg

and this

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Breakfast-Enchilada-Bake

this one is good too

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Christmas-Breakfast-Casserole-2

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps29904_TH943547D33C.jpg

Edited by Illinoismom

DH suggested biscuits and sausage gravy, but I don't want to spend all morning or what seems like all morning, making it. :D

you can make the gravy the night before and reheat..it's fine and what I do. I also make Paula Dean's hash brown quiche and orange glazed muffins that are from Pioneer woman's blog. Good stuff!!

DH suggested biscuits and sausage gravy, but I don't want to spend all morning or what seems like all morning, making it. :D

Biscuits and gravy doesn't take any longer than eggs & bacon to make. Make the drop biscuits on the bisquick box, I usually make large ones and put a little pat of butter on top of each one before baking. Takes maybe 5 minutes to make. You can also used canned biscuits from the grocery store, the flaky ones are the best.

gravy - cook sausage, ground sausage is the best but links work too if that's all you have, remove sausage from pan and add butter & let it melt, add flour or bisquick like you do when you make a gravy, add salt & pepper and then milk and let cook, last put sausage or cut up links back in pan. Takes 10-15 minutes at the most. I don't ever measure anything. Comes out better than any restaurants every time!

This is basically what my family does for breakfast too, except: eggs are scrambled only... sausage gravy AND red-eyed (aka country ham) gravy... biscuits are now from frozen (less mess and rise perfectly every time!)... no pancakes... and my annual contribution: hashbrown casserole! Being the only single "child," I traditionally spend the night at my parents and stay up late getting the table set, pans and serving dishes out, etc... and I put everything together for my casserole and stash it uncooked in the fridge.

Then, while Mom and Dad argue and crowd each other while cooking everything else the next morning, I stay quitely out of the way until about an hour before everyone arrives, when I stick the casserole in the oven! :)

Grands frozen buttermilk biscuits (or Schwans if u order from them) and Tennesse Pride Sausage gravy (In the frozen food section, usually by the sausage) I box for every 2 people. Often on sale for $1 a box.

Biscuits go in oven, gravy bags in boling water. Easy to make and very yummy. My southern grandma even approved!

Biscuits and gravy doesn't take any longer than eggs & bacon to make. Make the drop biscuits on the bisquick box, I usually make large ones and put a little pat of butter on top of each one before baking. Takes maybe 5 minutes to make. You can also used canned biscuits from the grocery store, the flaky ones are the best.

gravy - cook sausage, ground sausage is the best but links work too if that's all you have, remove sausage from pan and add butter & let it melt, add flour or bisquick like you do when you make a gravy, add salt & pepper and then milk and let cook, last put sausage or cut up links back in pan. Takes 10-15 minutes at the most. I don't ever measure anything. Comes out better than any restaurants every time!

Don't forget about the frozen Grands! biscuits which are better than any homemade I've ever had.

If time is still an issue- scramble up some sausage the night before and add it to a mix that morning.

I always do homemade gravy and it's by far one of the quickest meals ever- if you decide to do homemade biscuits, you can also make them up before, stick them on a cookie sheet, freeze, then put in a baggie and pull out for use that morning.