Saturday (12/18) - Performance Fleece Scarves for $1 at Old Navy Stores!

noehlp

I got to my old navy on saturday around 9 am and they still had a lot of scarves left and they did not enforce the quantity limit. For whatever reason the scarfs were up high and they had a girl on a ladder moving them down which I thought was a bit dangerous. They should have already had all them down before the store opened. I asked her if there was a limit and she said no that they would just split the orders. I got 10 really nice colorful scarfs and they just rang them all in 1 order. I was surprised that they were not enforcing the limits especially since when they had the 2.00 tank sale there they wouldn't even let me get 5 adults and 5 kids at one time.

What does one do with this many scarves? Even the receivers probably know what it cost...

My aunt-in-law buys these scarves for her daughter each year. She is 8 years old and always loses scarves and she likes all the pretty colors.

Some people buy and donate them. Some people give them as gifts, they make great stocking stuffers as well as nice filler in a gift basket. A friend of mine has a daughter that gets these for her friends at school for gifts each year.

It really is the thought that counts. I'd love if a friend gave me a scarf (yes, even a scarf that cost a dollar) that they picked out just for me because they know that I LOVE a certain shade of blue. :D

Edited by Kibit13

I got to the store around 7:30 and it was packed. Lines were way too long and not a scarf in sight. Apparently they either weren't enforcing limits or were allowing mulitple transactions because the early birds had their arms filled with scarves. I was disappointed but guess I'll get up earlier next time.

My aunt-in-law buys these scarves for her daughter each year. She is 8 years old and always loses scarves and she likes all the pretty colors.

Some people buy and donate them. Some people give them as gifts, they make great stocking stuffers as well as nice filler in a gift basket. A friend of mine has a daughter that gets these for her friends at school for gifts each year.

It really is the thought that counts. I'd love if a friend gave me a scarf (yes, even a scarf that cost a dollar) that they picked out just for me because they know that I LOVE a certain shade of blue. :D

I agree with you 100%. I have a new born and am not working. Between my husband and I we have a very large family. We bought fleeces for all my cousins and added a scarf to the gift. Everyone needs a scraf in the winter. And with the way the economy is now in days I get whatever bargains I find. Good quality and only $1 seems perfect for me. ; )

My mom went out Friday afternoon and wasn't able to get any. Not sure if stores sold out or holding them back for price adjusters. I parked about a block away from mall in another smaller mall on Saturday and offered to stop by ON and she said not to bother they wouldn't have any. I was too lazy and annoyed my mall traffic to walk the block in the cold drizzle after she told me there wouldn't be any. At least she was able to pick up some gloves for herself. We've had the coldest winter in 5 years or so they were saying on the radio and she now has to get up with me around 5:30 from grandson duty.

must be nice to have an ON close enough to drive to 2 stores for the scarves. Ours is so far away its not worth it ,just for $1 scarves. Booo, I wish they would build one closer

It is convenient to have two ON's near me (though I'm not an extensive shopper). Come to think of it, there are several chains that are within five miles of where I live--each in two different towns. 2 Kohls, 2 Targets, 2 Five Below, 2 Kmart. It's pretty densely populated so there's plenty of people to support these stores.

What does one do with this many scarves? Even the receivers probably know what it cost...

I got 3. I have a 1/2 marathon and a full marathon coming up in Jan. I use them (and sweats) to stay warm until the race begins. Then they collect all the clothes the runners pitch and clean and donate the good ones to the homeless shelters. So in the end they will get donated.

All good ideas...I was just thinking aloud, did not mean to sound like the Grinch :)