Hottest Toys This Year?

Brad

A friend of mine got my daughter the Care Bears doctor set with Tenderheart Bear for her birthday and she loved it the first few days but hasn't touched it since. She acts like she's forgotten she has it. And she's a big Care Bear junkie too. At the moment she's ga ga over Thomas The Tank Engine so I need to find more of those instead of the CB stuff. Anybody know where I can find a good deal on Thomas stuff? All Walmart has on their site is bedding sets.

On regis also, it showed Spin Art. Im thinking my daughter would love this. Its on sale at Toys R Us now too! Of course my luck she will put the paint elsewhere besides the toy

we bought that last year .

man oh man ...

get ready for crazy cleaning .

just one wrong move and it is all over the place .

we only let her play it on the kitchen floor and trash it went after the battery died .

it was really a waste of money .

but that is just us ...lol

New member and I love this site!! My DDwho is 11 wants:

Fly Pen bought this and ipod through amazon

ipod

4 wheeler - I think my parents are getting her a razor one

clothes

board games Got this through the toysrus buy one get one free

cheerleader luggage- bought through southwest trading

I wish that I had known about this site before buying her presents but I still have DH,son # 1 who's 30 and son #2 who's 21

6 godchildren ages 3-20 and ,parents and in-laws

Come onn Black Friday!!!

I bought the science toys at Toys R Us. If your child is older who loves science these are super nice. They have a rock tumbler, solar system, etc. Educational and fun. Im sure my son will love them

Beware the rock tumbler! My don got one of these a couple of years ago and it is super loud! It takes like a month to make a rock too! I think I'll be looking into the solar system though!

I guess Tamagotchi is popular again with the kids this year. Both my DS and DD asked for one the other day. I went to Walmart to check for them and none to be found. I asked a sales clerk and she said they can't keep them in stock. All the kids want them.

DD has started her list already - and she has Fly Pen on it. I am just not sure about this one- I have a hard time spending $100 on a Pen even if it is a computer. This one might have to wait - if it goes on clearance after Xmas it might show up in her Easter Basket - LOL

I have a 2-y/o (3 in Jan.) niece who would be happy with pretty much anything she gets (including the wrapping paper and empty boxes). She does enjoy the singing/dancing Elmo dolls (has Hokey-Pokey, E-L-M-O, one that says "Elmo loves you", and possibly another one right now), so she goes really nuts when the Elmo "Shout" commercials come on lately. Same with the "Tumble-Time" Tigger doll.

I also have a 4-y/o niece (5 in Nov.) who is usually happy with anything she gets also. She likes Barbie, and I was told she liked the Bratz commercial (but I don't think that's a suitable toy for a 4-5 y/o, due to the shoes and how hard the clothing can tend to be to get on the doll).

I babysit for a 9-y/o girl and a 6 (7 in Dec.)- y/o boy. The girl is into most things Bratz. She has pretty much all of the bedroom accessories and electronics on the market for them, a handful or two of dolls, some play accessories. From what I see, she doesn't really play with the dolls or accessories much, but she loves all of the bedroom accessories & electronics. She's also into Tamagochis, video games (has a GameCube and GBA SP), etc.

The boy tends to play with toys once or twice, and forget about them.

It doesn't seem like there is any one "got-to-have-it" toy for this year. Of course, we still have time.

For younger kids, anything will usually do.

For tweens/teens, I think a lot of them will be wanting a Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, Apple iPod, X-Box 360 also if it's supposed to be out for the holidays -- haven't paid much attention to that.

What about stuff for teenagers besides cell phones and computers? LOL. I have a 15 y.o. boy and 16 y.o. daughter to buy for. UGH. I have a 6 y.o. son too, but he likes so many things that he will be easy to buy for. It's so hard with the older kids.

Ipods and MP3 players seem to be popular with the teens lately.

For Thomas the Tank engine trains (the wooden ones) - the best deal is to get them at Michaels or AC Moore when they put one of their coupons in the paper for 40% a regularly priced item - although not all Michaels have them.

I think the Hot Wheels Rollup Raceway is a good toy - my son got it for his 3rd birthday and he was able to figure it out with a little help from me. It also folds up into a space not much bigger than 2 cars. Oddly enough, it only comes with 1 car though.

OK, I got my six year old to tell me a few things he wants. So far he wants the Fur Real Friend dog, Scamps, black and white to be exact. He also wants the Doodle Monster. It's a start! I wonder if either of these will be hard to get or if I should start looking now....

Ipods and MP3 players seem to be popular with the teens lately.

Definitely! My son already has an iPod that he bought on his own. Last year my daughter wanted the Brittany Spears perfume, Curious. My husband had a hard time spending $50 on that but guess what - it was the #1 thing that she sooooo desperately HAD to have, so we caved. Teens are so hard to buy for. :runaway:

my daughters is asking for Pixel Chix , Dream Life both of these are quite pricie.... pixel chix was like $30, and the dream life was about $45.. i havent seent the pixe chix in stores yet but dream life i have seen at k-mart and target....

my daughters is asking for Pixel Chix , Dream Life both of these are quite pricie.... pixel chix was like $30, and the dream life was about $45.. i havent seent the pixe chix in stores yet but dream life i have seen at k-mart and target....

You might want to pick it up if you do see it as the stores around here can't keep either in stock - both Pixel Chix and Dream Life are selling out very fast. I picked up Pixel Chix and I'm going to see if it goes on sale - I will just take it back and get a price adjustment.

My daughter is turning 3 on 10/23. I have seen advertisements for a Care Bear that reads special books that you can buy for it. I've been seeing the ads for weeks now but have not been able to locate the Care Bear in any store. Has anyone seen it anywhere?

Also, does anyone know when the new Star Wars movie come out? This one is for my big kid (my husband).:2tapdance

I'll be getting the little touch leap pad for my daughter she is 3 mons now and loves to push keys on the computers keyboard. I'm also looking for a sewing machine for my godchild at wal-mart last year there was one for $20 so hopefully I can find that again as far as the rest of the kids not sure.

Guess I need to run back to Target and grab those Pixel Chix I saw then. Both my girls want them. They are so expensive, but they are pretty cool. We played with them in Target the other day, they walked to each others houses, etc. Neat little toy. Looks like one they are really begging for, so I need to get it before they are sold out everywhere. *Ugh* My 6 year old also wants the Bratz Rock Angel stuff. Target has started clearancing some of it already. Just the accessories, like the bedroom, not the actual dolls. I have NO IDEA what I am getting my son, who will be 1 on friday.

By the way, here is one of the Pixel Chix

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009ANJN6/002-2621208-3157660?v=glance

Guess I need to run back to Target and grab those Pixel Chix I saw then. Both my girls want them. They are so expensive, but they are pretty cool. We played with them in Target the other day, they walked to each others houses, etc. Neat little toy. Looks like one they are really begging for, so I need to get it before they are sold out everywhere. *Ugh* My 6 year old also wants the Bratz Rock Angel stuff. Target has started clearancing some of it already. Just the accessories, like the bedroom, not the actual dolls. I have NO IDEA what I am getting my son, who will be 1 on friday.

By the way, here is one of the Pixel Chix

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009ANJN6/002-2621208-3157660?v=glance

Why dont you look at the little tykes stuff it is on sale this week at Toys R Us (BOGO)