Hottest Toys This Year?

Brad

WalMart just sent us a link to their new ToyLand section of their site with the hot toys for this year.

So parents (or anyone else), what do you think your kids will be asking for? Is there any one really hot toy this year that will be in demand and could sell out?

Also, if you want a good site for getting cheap toys on Amazon/ToysRUs.com, check out Toys2005.com which is another one of our sites.

:cookiemon:gd_domoku

Has anyone heard anything about the vtech handheld game where the parents in the commercial encourage their kids to play it? I was wondering if any of your kids/friends had checked it out and what they thought of it.

No I haven't but that sounds like an awesome toy, do you have a link?

BTW :2welcome: to the forums, nice avatar choice :greenappl

My son asked for the X-box 360. I told him no way. He already has a green x-box I won from Mt. Dew (I love free!), a PS2, Nintendo 64, and Regular PlayStation. Not to mention a GameBoy advance too. He tried last year for the DS but I honestly don't want him in the house sitting on this butt 24/7!

I didn't see that Regis episode, but that Shake N Go Speedway is going to be my 3 1/2 year old's "Santa" gift. He hasn't learned to ask for anything yet (next year I'm sure), probably because his mom buys him everything before he has to ask. I'm glad to see it's on the list, because that means it will be on sale at some time or another! :D

As far as the handheld V-Tech thing. We have the version that's not handheld and it's cool enough (for a 3 year old), but he's getting the Leap Frog L-Max for his birthday. The Leapster and L-Max seem to be more popular. But that's just what I've seen.

Has anyone heard anything about the vtech handheld game where the parents in the commercial encourage their kids to play it? I was wondering if any of your kids/friends had checked it out and what they thought of it.

Is it the V Smile Pocket? I haven't seen the commercial, but it looks cool. Hopefully they'll be on sale this BF because my DS would love this :)

Not sure if these will be the HOT toys for this year but my DD - 9 is asking for Pixel Chix, Dream Life and Animal Crossing DS for Nintendo DS.

She just got a Nintendo DS with Nintendogs for her Bday and she loves that and it seems to be pretty popular with the kids right now.

I am looking at getting a Leapster for my son's b'day 12/23. What does the max do that the regular one doesn't?

It hooks up to the tv to play games on the TV, not just on the handheld Leapster.

I bought the Leapster for my son's 5th birthday last year (12/31, close to your son's!) and he loves it. I like that it's something he can do *without* the tv being on, so I'm happy with having just the regular Leapster. It's like a Gameboy, which more and more of his friends are getting, but it teaches him something. He does the Spiderman spelling/reading one now and really likes it. So it's a great compromise for us.

I am having lots of trouble this year my boys are 9 and 12. They are to old for a lot of toys but too young for just clothes. I'm tired of getting them video game and computer stuff. I would love it if someone would come up with same innovative "outdoors" stuff for tweeners.:trampolin

On regis also, it showed Spin Art. Im thinking my daughter would love this. Its on sale at Toys R Us now too! Of course my luck she will put the paint elsewhere besides the toy

Spin Art has been around since I was a kid and I'm 45 now. It's pretty cool. I've actually still got the same spin art thing I had when I was a kid, it's packed up out in the garage. Don't worry about buying those refills for it, you can use poster board and poster paint in a squirt bottle. You can even use neon poster paints. Just don't let her use too many colors at one time, it makes a drippy mess and takes forever to dry. LOL A quick way to get the cards to dry a little faster is to use a hairdryer on them on low speed & temp.

:)

My nephew who has everything got that for his birthday. His mother says she can't get him to put it down. He is learning though. So I say let him play. I think I might, MIGHT get one for my baby girl (well she is four). She will need something in April when she has surgery.

Has anyone seen the FLY PEN?

I'd like to see one in action.

Supposedly, you can draw a calculator, and then USE it.

Or write a math problem, and the pen will solve it.

Write words, and it will read it.

Not sure what all it will do, but you can buy extra 'memory' packs for the pen.

Im going tomorrow to get the spin art toy. Its a great gift for my daughter. She just has too many dolls and barbies. Need some more toys ideas. She loves art so Im going to buy some art supplies. I got her the crayola art chest last year that was on sale during BF and she absolutely loved it. nice storing container when I bought more items she used up. Shes into playing school too so Im going to get her a new chalkboard w/ accessories.

All my daughter (11) has talked about is Pixel Chix and getting those cell phones they advertise for kids. But those only have a 2 mile range and her best friend lives 5 miles away. LOL So we will see about that one! ;) My son (14) is into science so I will be looking for science related items that are "old" enough for 14! He also likes to play his PS2 and Gamecube so games are a given! :)

Diane, check out the science stuff Toys R Us has in their ad this week. It is on sale till October 30. They have 6 different science items that are for boys 10 and up. My son will be 11 and he loves science. Especially the soler system. Origonally $25 I believe they are $19. I may be getting 3 of them as they look very interesting.

I don't know about across the board hot toys, but I have been asked for a DoodleBear about a gajillion times.

Same here! My 4-yr old is crazy about those. She also wants:

Anything Barbie Pegasus

A bald Cabbage Patch baby

Bratz plug-in-play dance mat