Share your top secret Black Friday secrets

RossMAN

For those of you that PM at Walmart, I will share what I was told today. I was told they are NO LONGER doing PM. I went to have some candles PM from Eckerds, and they refused!

WM company policy says they HAVE to PM. This shouldn't be a store by store thing. I've been a part of the "Wal-Mart Family" for a very long time now, and everyone in NW Arkansas knows the PM game. My husband already has a list of the things he's going to have to PM for me! Where they can worm out of it is with the same brand thing. It has to be exactly the same item. Also, they won't do percent off or BOGO. Look around the service desk area. They post a sign that says something about WM will match any competitor's price. Individual stores can't just change company policy on a whim. Call the corporate office, they'll set people straight.

I was hoping for some secrets I could use. Anyone?

I have never considered hiding things in the store although I have wondered if employees do it for family and/or friends. I don't have and BF secrets, that pertain to the shopping anyway. When it is so cold and I am freezing and it is dark I can't stop thinking about my super soft, warm, cushy, bed and how much I would love to back in it.

Of course employees do hide stuff for families. Hy husband used to work for one of the big department stores and he always had ads early and picked up stuff that morning before customers were allowed in. He just did it quietly on his way to his department. Then when I showed up he would say loudly "Mam, you left your stuff here a few minutes ago, did you still want it? I set it aside for you." Other customers had no idea we were related and I didn't miss any stuff by going elsewhere first.

Guest mldepalma

For those of you that PM at Walmart, I will share what I was told today. I was told they are NO LONGER doing PM. I went to have some candles PM from Eckerds, and they refused!

I called to ask my local Walmart in CT about price matching and they told me they wouldn't honor doorbuster sales on bf. I also sent an email to their headquarters. They said that they do price match, but to check with the local managemenet first for specifics of what they will price match. So I guess I am probably out of luck price matching at wm.