See any of this yesterday??? Black Friday Videos!

Scanner420

I'm actually glad when those videos make it onto the news. I hope that the people who behave that way are ashamed to see themselves like that. It's really a shame that people resort to such behavior. I've been going out for a lot of years now and I'm lucky that I've never come across a situation like that.

I saw a lot of what was in that first video at our TRU last year. It was enough to make me stay home and shop online this year. People were pushing 8 yr old kids and try to bum rush the cops to cut in line. Then had a line of about 500 po'd people because people were showing up and rushing the door. It got ugly fast. When you feel a crush of that many people moving forward and screaming it only takes a second to lose your balance and be that person on the ground. My group and a few other shoppers had to lock arms to protect each other when the pushing started. Never again!!

Those two first videos are absolutely ridiculous! I can't believe those people in Target trampling over those people and then walking into the store like nothing happened, not stopping to help their fellow shopper. There is and never will be anything I ever need that bad, and certainly not to save some money. People like that give Black Friday shoppers a bad rap. If I was security, the people that did not stop and help would have been told to leave (though I'm sure that wouldn't have gone over well).

Its the mob mentality that get people acting like fools in these videos. The retail stores should train their security employees on crowd control and have people lined up prior to opening the doors. Best Buy has a pretty good handle on this and other retailers should really do some benchmarking.

These videos really show the ugly side of people. My BF strategy has changed over the years and I do the bulk of my shopping on amazon. I now go into a store 30 minutes to an hour after they open and am able to get what I am looking for. I never go for the crazy doorbusters anymore and it works for me.

Wouldn't that be a great documentary to do (though I'm sure one has been done)...

Um...wow! The first video mashup that shows all of the police officers is crazy! If a store needs that many police officers then there is a serious problem. I am amazed that anyone would stick around after seeing all of them. Those police officers needed riot gear.