Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My Experience" Thread

Brad

Rather than have everyone post their own separate thread detailing their experience shopping on Thursday & Friday, we're going to do what we always do and have this one main thread.

If you post your experience in a separate thread, we're either going to merge it in here or delete it, so if you want to make sure you don't do all that typing for nothing, make sure it goes in here.

PS - Feel free to post what you've ordered online as well.

Just got back home, got almost everything I had on my list :)

Started out and got to Meijer's at 5am, wasn't too crowded but there was a line for electronics, we got everything we wanted and checked out and at the next store before 6am. Usually if the sell starts at 6am they won't let you check out til then but they let you go ahead and check out like 15 mins early this morning.

Next to Dollar General which didn't open for another hour and there was already a family of 5 waiting at the door and they were all in line for the Polaroid MP3 players that I was there for too lol By the time the doors opened there were a lot of people there for the 2 & 4GB MP3 Players and the Slick Camera. Doors opened at 7am, I got my MP3 and everything else I went for.

Then to Walgreen's for the SkullCandy Earbuds, 99 cent Pain Reliever, Bottled Water, Cottonelle. Vaseline Lotion, Bic Razors, and a few other things I can't remember right now lol

But I can save I saved the most at Walgreen's, I had some really good coupons like $1 off the Vaseline Lotion and $2 off the Bic Razors which were $2.99 and they had a $2 RR! :)

I got a 19" RCA tv from Kmart this morning. There was about 75 people in line this morning when I got there - I wasn't really expecting that many. Luckily I ended up with the tv and even got SATC2 dvd. Also grabbed some 99 cent socks and Pepsi 2-liters. The only thing they were out of that I wanted was the gingerbread man salt and pepper shakers, oh well.

Also stopped at Meijer for some lounge pants and the the gas station for a paper and cappuccino. Now back snug in bed :)

I wanted to hit Walgreen's, but my store didn't open until 9 and I didn't want to wait around for an hour.

This morning I went to Kmart... Got my daughter some cute slipper socks ($3), pepsi and Mt. Dew 2 liters, a throw blanket for 1.99, and .99 socks. Also threw in a cd

Then headed to Rite Aid. Got the buy 1 roll wrapping paper get 2 free deal, cozy socks 2/$1 (manager told me to get however amount I wanted!), popcorn tins, and some kid's nail stuff that was on sale.

Lastly I went to Walgreens. Got the soleil razors, toothpaste, toothbrushes, .99 Iboprofen, tape, etc. made out. After coupons I used I only spent like $17 and got back over $40 in RR's. Good day!

Now gearing up for tonight at Walmart.

Boring report here lol...stopped at my local Dollar General. They only 1 each of the Polaroid MP3 players left. I took a look at them (looked pretty cheap) and walked away still thinking. Looked around for the $6 family DVD's and they had a TINY display with almost nothing. By the time I walked back to the front the rest of the MP3's were gone and the display removed.

Went to Rite Aid and got some B1G1 Andes candies, the Lindt Truffles (no Ghirardelli's to be found), B1G2 gift bags, and some Corn Pops and Frosted Flakes (99 cents after UP reward).

See? Borrrringggg...lol

Online last night I got the Hexbug Habitat for $15 from Radio Shack, the Polaroid Instant Printer for $20 from Best Buy and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy for $8 from Target. This morning I finally scored my Harmony remote for $50 I was waiting for last night from Best Buy. I think that's it. lol ;)

So far, so good...

Amazon: couple of flash camcorders ($39/each), 3 4GB sd cards ($6/each), book ($10), CD ($8), expo markers ($6)

New Egg: couple of flip refurbished camcorders ($40/each)

Meijer: Heys swivel hard side carry-on ($20), candles ($3 each), 21 pic. collage frame ($13), blu-rays/DVDs ($5-12 each), skullcandy buds ($10/set), detergent ($2.50), toothpaste (2/$3), cosmetics (40% off), wrapping paper ($0.59)

Old Navy: FF vest ($15), sweaters ($15/each), PJ pants for all ($5/pair), dress coat ($40)

Gearing up for a mini camp-out at Target for the Westinghouse, toothbrushes, hair straightener, Lego Harry Potter, and a few other items. After recouping from that, I'll be headed to B&BW to stock up on that for the next year and call Operation TWS a success. ;)

got to my Kmart by 3am..no one..3:30..no one. I didn't get out of the car until I saw people arriving for work so it was about 4am. I asked one of the kids working there for an ad when he came back out for a smoke. He brought it to me and we started talking. He asked what I was there for (the panasonic blu-ray) and was telling me how people are going to be really mad because their truck with the big ad stuff had an accident getting there and they did not know when they were getting there and no rainchecks. So we chatted and he went back to work. 5am comes and 3 employees come out and start giving out tickets for the items. 6am there were maybe 10 people on line. I asked about the blu-ray and the guy who I was talking to earlier said he didn't have any for that. I was surprised. I was first in line, the doors opened and I ran back there and he immediately handed me the one on the shelf. I was given my free blu-ray movie and someone behind me asked if there were any more. He said he only had 1 more! What a nice employee. I guess he felt bad since I stood there pretty much alone for 3 hours

bought most of the free or under $2 stuff at walgreens just now. Cashier helped split it up so I could use some of the rewards. There were like 15 transactions between my mom and me. Have bought way too many blu rays and dvd's at amazon along with a pixar book and a talking chuck. Also managed to get receiver, harmony remote and a few more blurays at BB. I'm missing bluray player for my bff and some small things at JCPenney, Sears and Office Depot tomorrow.

Overheard at WALMART from a customer service manager, when a store they are pricematching runs out of a product, WALMART will no longer pricematch it.

You ask how could WALMART know when a competitor runs out, The customer service manager said (to the checker) they call the stores and ask them - that is collusion.

Also witnessed the infamous pulling items off the shelves to avoid them having to pricematch too.

I've done 2 online orders today before I set out for Wal-Mart's midnight sale: On Macys site, I got the Martha Stewart 2.5 qt dutch oven (16.99...with a 15% off code for Martha Stewart products) Which is: MARTHARCCS for anyone who cares. Then 2 John Ashford shirts for dh. The sale says 2 for $20, but it gave me $10 off for ordering 2, so it cost me $16 for those 2 shirts. And a sweater for dh ($19.99).

Then at Lowes.com I got a Werner 6' ladder for $19.99. Best part besides the great price is that I can pick it up in store for free! So, I will stop by there after all the crazy has died down.

Rather than have everyone post their own separate thread detailing their experience shopping on Thursday & Friday, we're going to do what we always do and have this one main thread.

If you post your experience in a separate thread, we're either going to merge it in here or delete it, so if you want to make sure you don't do all that typing for nothing, make sure it goes in here.

PS - Feel free to post what you've ordered online as well.

I made a official thread last night but someone deleted it. Oh well.

Congrats! I managed to get two of the 7" tablets. Kept hitting the refresh button until the price changed and then checked out. They were sold out within 7 or 8 min. They may be a piece of junk, but at least I can try them and return them if I don't like them.

Got them for my 9 and 11 year olds so Im not too picky. They like iPod touches but these are more within the price range I'm willing to spend for them right now.

Lori P. :)

I Bought Season 2 & 3 Of Big Bang Theory from Target at 12.99 each..Total 31.00 With Shipping and tax. Thats it for now, Heading to Macys, Old Navy and Target around 5-6am After they have opened..don't need anything big just getting some gifts for family and DH.

I ordered the CHI and stand contraption for the Wii and all the accessories/games from Kohls.com at 2am....I fell asleep in front of my laptop at 4:30am waiting for stupid best buy to post the $99 nook ...at 7am when I woke up to pee it was already sold out :( So I'm hoping that walmart will price match it otherwise my mom will just buy it regular price for me for xmas present lol

Then this afternoon we went to Walgreens to get the as seen on tv things, dollar general for light bulbs but got the webcam and some other stuff, after dinner we went to big lots and got a vacuum and other random junk, and we stopped at old navy on the way home but they didn't have anything that good so we jsut left and went home.

We also drove by our best buy there wasn't that many ppl camping out...so we'll see we're going to head to walmart later tonight for a tv :)

Awesome experience at Old Navy today! Took advantage of the BF-deals-early for cardholders. Left early on my way to Thanksgiving w/ relatives. Got there around 12:30...the whole mall was closed except for ON - it was so weird to see it empty like that! There were a good number of people, but it wasn't crazy. Employees were helpful and nice, and even fellow shoppers were more friendly than usual. They had tons of stock and I was able to browse at a relaxed pace for quite a while. I just wish they had shopping carts because about 20 minutes in my bag was so heavy I had to start dragging it! I'll admit I mostly got stuff for myself ($5 pj pants [best thing ever], $7 leggings, $15 sweaters) but hey, sometimes you just need stuff! No line @ checkout. I've yet to really crunch the numbers but I think I got about $300 worth of stuff for $160.

Just placed another order online - leggings, jeans, 2 tanks, 3 tees, pj pants, & mens cargo pants for $75 shipped. Some other stuff did sell out before I got to checkout, though, so I guess this is going to be a big hit (especially the pj pants & jeans).

Oh, and I got what I wanted from Best Buy last night with minimal hassle (and free shipping!).

Might do more shopping online today, but with all the stuff I've been getting early and/or online, there's no need for me to go out! Hooray!

We got to my Walmart around 10pm. There were some people there but was not packed. Got a front parking spot. Went inside & everything was wrapped in plastic. Workers were pretty much guarding everything & you could not take anything until 12:01. Around 11, more people started showing up & at about 11:30 they decided to take the plastic off everything. However you could not checkout till 12:01. We was able to checkout at the jewelry counter a tad early.

The dvds were in the pharmacy section. OMG when the plastic went off, people went nuts. I had a heck of a time getting dvds cause there was so many people you could not move. I managed to get pretty much everything that interested me.

I am happy to be home :)

Just got back from Walmart. Got there at 9:45pm. By 10pm you could put ANYTHING in your carts! They opened the movies and video games by 10:30pm. Got TONS of the movies and Madden 2011, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty Modern Warfare, 2011 Basketball. Some DS games too for $7

Sheet sets, 2.97 crock pots, mixers, Nerf gun, etc. The best experience EVER. Manager just announced anyone could take what they wanted. Customers pulling plastic off and everyone passing stuff to people.

I just stood on line for 3hrs(5th place) for the Emachine laptop at the designated spot on the map only to be told after 3 hrs the store changed the location and everyone on my line would have to get behind the people on the changed line location. If that wasnt bad enough they only had 30 of them and let 2 people buy 15 between just those 2 people. It was so chaotic there. Oh yeah, a store employee told my DS that they would call the police on her for looking at the $4 pajamas at 11 and not waiting til 12.:mad: