Hallmark - Spend $10 get $10

AmyNay

My store refused it. I just got back again (since I couldn't get the ornament yesterday), and now they're saying I can only buy "Hallmark" brand items. At first she said I cannot use it on sale items either, but then I pointed out that the coupon said you could. I did find a Christmas Countdown Calendar for 12.95. I think they are trying their best to NOT let me use this coupon.

I know what you mean, doesn't it just kill you when the workers do that, as if the 10 dollars were coming out of their paycheck! The cashier I gave mine to inspected it like it was a counterfeit bill!! She stared at it, and turned it over and read it at least twice...well so did I and I was ready to fight for it, I knew it said it COULD be used on Sale Items....goobers

Hmm, makes me think that if you print out more than 1 at a time, or make copies, that only one will work because it is unique.

ok I don't know what my bar code was on coupon I handed in........ but the 2nd one I have not used it yet, is different from yours.

My store refused it. I just got back again (since I couldn't get the ornament yesterday), and now they're saying I can only buy "Hallmark" brand items. At first she said I cannot use it on sale items either, but then I pointed out that the coupon said you could. I did find a Christmas Countdown Calendar for 12.95. I think they are trying their best to NOT let me use this coupon.

what!?!?!?!?! If the coupon doesn't state it I'd fight it! I hope you can work it out or find another Hallmark that'll accept it!

I know what you mean, doesn't it just kill you when the workers do that, as if the 10 dollars were coming out of their paycheck! The cashier I gave mine to inspected it like it was a counterfeit bill!! She stared at it, and turned it over and read it at least twice...well so did I and I was ready to fight for it, I knew it said it COULD be used on Sale Items....goobers

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this.... DH hates to go shopping with me because I'm always ready to pounce if you attempt to refuse my legit coupons! :P

Does that mean that you have to buy $10 worth of something and then you get $10 off of that or that you have to buy an additional $10 to get the $10 off?

basically it works like a $10 gift card! You purchase something - give them the coupon and $10 is subtracted from your total of $10 or more. HTH!

I printed 2 from my computer and 1 from my mom's. I used one from mine and one from her's at 2 separate stores on ornaments. I haven't tried to use the second from mine with the same barcode yet.

The first store said usually all their coupons exclude ornaments, but since it rang it off, she took it.

The second store, the cashier wasn't going to take it, but I told her my aunt used it on the one in Edwardsville (the next town over) so I would go there. The manager was standing at the next register and told her that coupon would work on ornaments. So they took it off for me.

Funny you said that, because when I have her my $10 to pay for the calendar (which I could have lived without anyway), she held the money up to the light and then used a pen to check and see if it was counterfeit! Really?? A ten dollar bill. Why treat people that way? After all, aren't the coupons usually given out in hopes of getting people back into your store?

We ALL should...we could team up against those mean cashiers/managers that think our coupons are fraudulent.........

seriously! Sometimes I feel like it would be easier trying to pay with monopoly money than using coupons.... end the end i'd still save (hahhahaa - jk of course)!