Amazon.com Black Friday Sale [Now Online!]

Brad

Can anyone explain how Amazon price matches exactly? Does the product have to be sold by Amazon itself? Or can it be a product sold by one of its "partners" through Amazon?

If it's like last year, it's not true price matching where you can show them another store's deal and they match it. They will pick out deals from other store's ads and put them on sale at the same price or less. You can't determine which deals they match.

Can anyone explain how Amazon price matches exactly? Does the product have to be sold by Amazon itself? Or can it be a product sold by one of its "partners" through Amazon?

I was interested in getting this notebook from Microcenter, but it is out of stock and it is NOT a BlackFriday item: http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0326328

It was, however, advertised in the monthly Microcenter Ad.

Amazon's "Partners" pay a fee to sell through Amazon -- but they do not need to follow Amazon's pricing.

Amazon has lowered the price on LOTS of blu-rays. Lord of the Rings series ($7.99 each), Terminator Salvation, Wizard of Oz, Hot Tub Time Machine, The Blind Side, The Hangover all $10 each. Watchmen, Gran Torino, Taken, Showgirls, The Wrestler, Wanted, Lonesome Dove all $7.99. There are too many to list. Plus there are several DCU animated movies (Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern) for about $10 each). These are not part of the Gold Box deals, just lower prices (probably for the next few days only :yup:).

I was interested in getting this notebook from Microcenter, but it is out of stock and it is NOT a BlackFriday item: http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0326328

It was, however, advertised in the monthly Microcenter Ad.

They don't actually price match. When they see a sale on another site like Walmart, they lower it theirselves. You cannot request a pricematch. You have to wait until they do it theirselves. It is strictly Amazon, not their merchants.

We get Almanacs every year, and I've found they always have the best price, though I don't think it's ever gone much lower than what it is right now ($9.29)

Thanks much queenofshopping, I ordered it along with another gift this a.m. my lightening deal for Men who stare at goats. ( I saw Walmart was just a few dimes lower, but shipping would take forever... )

I just really had hoped that Amazon would have Grey's Anatomy DVDs on sale in the very near future... *sigh*

Amazon has lowered the price on LOTS of blu-rays. Lord of the Rings series ($7.99 each), Terminator Salvation, Wizard of Oz, Hot Tub Time Machine, The Blind Side, The Hangover all $10 each. Watchmen, Gran Torino, Taken, Showgirls, The Wrestler, Wanted, Lonesome Dove all $7.99. There are too many to list. Plus there are several DCU animated movies (Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern) for about $10 each). These are not part of the Gold Box deals, just lower prices (probably for the next few days only :yup:).

Thanks for bringing to my attention. I picked up bluray of Hangover & also found Law Abiding Citizen bluray for 7.99

Just got the Blind Side and Slumdog Millionaire. I am excited about stocking up on some of these before hitting Wal-Mart, Meijer and Target.

Looks like they have a few more deals with pics as well as clues pretty much telling you what's coming next. Twilight movies just became available and they will have a bunch of seasons of friends available later today.

I love these deals and bought two bedroom flat screens last winter, but recently after a large electronic purchase, I discovered many manufacturers warranty's are void if bought from amazon. THe only one it comes with is amazon's 30 day warranty. My item had a 1 year manufacturers warranty but when I called them after a few weeks, I was advised their warranty is void. When looking after that, in fine print I see many items state the only warranty is the 30 day one. I went with Sears with my led tv even though it was the same price and sears gave me 10% for using my sears card which made it cheaper after the tax I had to pay.