Taste of Home $5.00 cookbooks

jenhep

I received an e mail yesterday since I contacted them as to when my order would be shipped. My cc was billed two weeks ago. The email said they were moving warehouses and my items would be shipped within the next 7-10 days. If anyone hears anything else please post, I just hope the items are here quickly as some I have to mail.

I just talked tp CS. They will not be shipping and processing payment until the first of next week and I should receive it 14 days from then!!!:mad: they would not let me cancel the order, and my bank cannot stop the EFT payment from my checking that is scheduled for next Monday....all I could possibly do is wait for the order to arrive and then refuse and wait for them to return payment. At the speed they move that should take another month....

I just talked tp CS. They will not be shipping and processing payment until the first of next week and I should receive it 14 days from then!!!:mad: they would not let me cancel the order, and my bank cannot stop the EFT payment from my checking that is scheduled for next Monday....all I could possibly do is wait for the order to arrive and then refuse and wait for them to return payment. At the speed they move that should take another month....

I called too and they would not let me cancel--they told me to refuse it--well what if I am not here? UGH. I will get them and keep them, but I don't think I will order again. They better be in PERFECT CONDITION too, without one bent page or corner!

This is what my account says:

Status

This order has not been shipped yet.

Date Shipped Courier Tracking Number

11/20/2010 USPS

So, has it shipped, or has it not shipped? I will contact them next week if I haven't received it. I am assuming it really was shipped on the 20th, but with no tracking number who knows.

Wow I ordered them 11-9, hope I get them today... that is a looong time, none of mine say backordered...

None of my cookbooks were backordered when I placed my order. They showed up as backordered on the packing slip. Mine were shipped via US mail. That automatically adds extra time to the shipping process.

alrighty ladies.... I got ONE cookbook about 20 min. ago....... (I ordered 4) my packing slip just says...that ONE book listed on it...not that this is a partial order...no other info. :rolleyes:

That's strange. Gosh I wonder what I'll actually get. My order still says what its said from the beginning...no backorder, no shiping no nothin.

Did you get charged shipping because they only sent one?

Keep us posted ladies!

Today, Thanksgiving, i received an automated phone call from taste of Home, saying everything in my order has been backordered until December 10th. It gave me the option of waiting for it or calling CS to cancel it. So I called CS to cancel and of course they arent working on a holiday. I find it interesting that CS told me earlier this week that they were UNABLE to cancel this order, but NOW the automated message said I could.

Very hinky indeed.

Ill call them tomorrow.

Today, Thanksgiving, i received an automated phone call from taste of Home, saying everything in my order has been backordered until December 10th. It gave me the option of waiting for it or calling CS to cancel it. So I called CS to cancel and of course they arent working on a holiday. I find it interesting that CS told me earlier this week that they were UNABLE to cancel this order, but NOW the automated message said I could.

Very hinky indeed.

Ill call them tomorrow.

This is too bad. They have always been good to ship in the past. This is the 2nd disappointment in a retailer this season. Hope that they allow you to cancel.

Well I got them, and they are beautiful (I ordered 3 hardbacks, they all arrived today, the paperback came the other day).

I suppose it was worth the wait but I wanted to take 1 as a hostess gift yesterday to dinner, especially because it was a Holiday cookbook, so she'd have it BEFORE xmas.... and it shows up the day after I go visit. *sigh* Maybe I will give her the one that was for me for xmas--and keep the holiday one.

Still don't get why they shipped separate-- not one of them said back ordered when I ordered them...

I have had these cookbooks before bought from a thrift store, and yes they are pretty but so what, the customer service of this company absolutely sucks.

i called them to cancel like the automated recording said I could, and the lady told me again that I can't.:mad: So i'll see if they ever show up at all, and if nothing else I'll take them to the consignment store and try to make my money back on them.

I ordered 5 books. I received a package with 2 books in it. The package was crappy but it hadn't been opened or tampered with. I figured that the other 3 would come in a day or so - they never did. I called CS and they told me that they were all 5 packaged together (lie!) and that they would try to reship the 3 missing books. She came back to the phone and said that 2 out of the 3 were out of stock so she would have to refund those. She would reship the other.

At this point I don't know if I'll get an $8 refund for the two missing books, or if I will ever see the third book.

I won't be ordered from them again.

Got 2 automated calls today. One to say some items were unavailable and being cancelled. Another saying the remainder is backordered until December 29th!:mad:

Again, CS tells me on the computer it shows everything in and packed and ready to go in 24hrs. i explain I have heard this 3 times before already since Nov 9th and I get nothing! She again says she cannot cancel, and I ask to speak with a supervisor. She says the supervisor is in a meeting and will call me back. ARGHHHHHHH

• 2 months later...