Home Theater System/Surround sound thread

hpnyr

The only one I saw that had speakers and a receiver was at HH Gregg. Think it was an Onkyo...

I've been debating getting a surround sound system. But for the room it will be in, the soundbar systems seem to make more sense and haven't seen any good deals on these. Plus, it is a pain to run the wires and stuff.

I'm just looking for something very basic for my parents-- my dad's hearing is getting worse, so I'm thinking putting a couple of speakers by his chair, one for the rest of the family room, and one close to the kitchen could be a much better solution than everyone having to yell over the TV noise! LOL They already have a DVD player (that they rarely use- TV mainly stays on Encore Western channel on Dish Network!), so really just looking for a decent, easy-to-operate speaker system. To buy it by myself, really need to stay around $50 or less; if I can convince my brother and sister to help, I could probably go up to around $125.

Any suggestions?? I won't be near a BB or other large electronics store on BF, but could go to BB next week/weekend, if needed. Also open to ordering online-- as long as I know it's a decent system, reputable seller, and can get it here in time for Christmas! :)