What time do you get newspaper Thanksgiving Day? / "I Got My Newspaper" Thread

totallyBF

I usually head out around 8am. I go to 2 different stores and get 2 copies. We have a problem with people taking extra ads or some places not getting all the ads. A few years ago at Dunkin Donuts I went through all their papers and there was no BB ad. Now I go 2 places and always get all the ads.

We live about an hour from St. Louis. Every year my husband drives all the way in to St. Louis to get the paper. He leaves about 5am. There are not as many ads in our paper.

I already know what is on sale, but I need the actual ads to get price matches done and catch those off the wall and smaller stores that don't make it to Gottadeal

why would you 'need' a paper, we have had the ads on here for WEEKS... ok this year, maybe a week out. I have my lists, and I know what I am looking for. not looking at the regular paper saves me money!

Because having the ads in your hands makes it all official...it's just different. lol

I get up oh, about 5am or so and drive 30 minutes to the city where I'll be shopping just to get the paper so I know I have the right ads. It's always the same Meijer store, and after carefully checking a minimum of three papers I'll pick up a couple of things if there's anything good in the ad, then go home and have some coffee.

For the past two years the guy was late delievering the papers to the gas stations, 7 eleven etc. I had to get it after Kmart. There are always a ton of people waiting for him. This year I just re suscribed us to the paper 4 days a week, including Thursdays, so hopefully it will be there when I head out.

To the people that "borrow" their neighbors papers...I'm glad you're not my neighbor or there'd be a problem...;) LOL

:gdyeahthat:, only not so LOL...there'd be a takedown, for sure, because that means WAR...I know we see the ads ahead of time, but that doesn't stop me from taking them along when I go out for BF...

To the people that "borrow" their neighbors papers...I'm glad you're not my neighbor or there'd be a problem...;) LOL

That is what stopped me from doing it last year after 3 walks to gas station. I would be beyond upset if someone did it to me SO I couldn't do that to someone else. I rationalized the old people wouldn't be shopping BF but still couldn't do it.

For me, we have a local paper delivery business right up the street from us, and because we know the people who work there we usually just stop on by between 3 and 4am to pick up our copies as soon as they get them. Oh and to the people who question actually have the paper ads when they're already leaked on here, two things: Paper ads are good for any included coupons, and also good for PMing.

EDIT - I just realized that this thread is technically asking when you get up to get the ads and to answer that, well I am usually still up at this time. The past few years I've stayed up until about 6 or 7, then I take a nap, wake up, eat some food, then go line up at the store of choice. :)