Walmart Electronics Event 11/6 - 11/7: Items available online

Brad

My WM had only 4 of the 26'' (supposedly). However, it is saying online that there are still some instock there... I am tempted to go back and see if the ones they said were not part of the sale actually are.

What you see online is not real-time updates.

We arrived at our smalltown store about 7:45 expecting a line for the tvs and computer. No one! We looked around, and asked about the iTunes cards...people were nice, but looked at me like I was nuts! Hubs was with me so we could buy 2 each...I finally said, let's see what it rings up (it was after 8 am by this time) and if I need to, I'll go home and print the ad to show you. When they scanned it in, it rang up $35! They were shocked!!! I told them that I hadn't told anyone yet...because I needed alot, but I was about to go text all my friends. I called one friend to tell her for her g'daughter...and mentiioned the laptop sale...she drove right down there. She had to tell them about the sale, they went in the back and found the laptops! None had been sold at that point in the store and it was past 9:30. She was first one that had asked. None of the employees knew about the sales...but were very friendly and accommodating to help figure things out!

Our WM in Corona,CA was empty.....I arrived at 7:15 and they're some ppl in line for the laptop...they had 19 and they had 3 more left but we didnt need one....I went for the

26" Vizio. They had at least 14 of them.....and they had dozens of Itune cards.....but they did not show discount until 8:00am on the cards...I tried at different times in the morning to see if the TV's were available online and the WM site showed "OOS online"......I looked at the BF ads for SEARS and a couple of rumors for deals on TVs but to save maybe $10-20 dollars more for the headaches and the lines...this was worth it......might go to BB for the 32" Dynex.....those are available online...GL all

Our WM in Corona,CA was empty.....I arrived at 7:15 and they're some ppl in line for the laptop...they had 19 and they had 3 more left but we didnt need one....I went for the

26" Vizio. They had at least 14 of them.....and they had dozens of Itune cards.....but they did not show discount until 8:00am on the cards...I tried at different times in the morning to see if the TV's were available online and the WM site showed "OOS online"......I looked at the BF ads for SEARS and a couple of rumors for deals on TVs but to save maybe $10-20 dollars more for the headaches and the lines...this was worth it......might go to BB for the 32" Dynex.....those are available online...GL all

Careful with the Dynex brand. We had ours a couple years and the sound went out on it. And the HDMI plugs never worked. Its kinda get what you pay for with those.

I had errands to run today so i went to a farther away WM then I usually go to. There was a line at the electronics department and had sold out of the 26" Vizio's by the time I was within 3 people from the cashier. An employee was stating that they might be getting another shipment tonight. No rain checks.

I have always been a supporter of WM especially for BF. My usual compliment is that with the exception of door busters that are advertised as limited supply, they normally have a large quantity of their other BF deals.

In this case there were no "while supplies last" implications, and I noticed that they let many customers purchase more than one TV. This makes me concerned about how wll they will do on BF.

I got in line at my Walmart around 6:30 this morning and I was 7th in line for the 26" tv....it wasn't long afterward that there were 25 - 30 people in line behind me....our store only got 13 of the tv's in so they started handing out post-it notes with numbers written on them to the first 13 in line, then they handed out post-its to for the other tv sizes as well.....the iTunes cards wouldn't go through so I handed mine back to the cashier and she said that they were working on it system-wide and hopefully would have it fixed shortly....i called my sister who was at a different Walmart and she said that they were selling the iTunes cards and then giving people a Walmart gift card for the $15 difference....I got home and decided the laptop would be good enough for what I needed it for and went back and they still had around 20 laptops and they were overriding the iTunes cards so I picked up a couple of those as well....all in all a good morning :)

I had no problem GETTING the iTunes cards but after trying to check out at 8:12,they would not go through. It literally took an hour and seven minutes to check out of that stupid store!

I eventually got 4 $25 cards (which is better for me anyway) but I am writing an email to HQ. I was the first person to try to checkout for these things and I was the last person to leave who was waiting in CS. Only 3 activated at first then they lost one of my receipts and had to go in the back of the store to copy my receipt. It was an absolute disaster and I'm angry that WM didn't know how to handle this deal.

I had no problem GETTING the iTunes cards but after trying to check out at 8:12,they would not go through. It literally took an hour and seven minutes to check out of that stupid store!

I eventually got 4 $25 cards (which is better for me anyway) but I am writing an email to HQ. I was the first person to try to checkout for these things and I was the last person to leave who was waiting in CS. Only 3 activated at first then they lost one of my receipts and had to go in the back of the store to copy my receipt. It was an absolute disaster and I'm angry that WM didn't know how to handle this deal.

You know, same thing happened to me. The cashier told me "this is a $50 card, why is it $35?!?" I had to explain to her the sale, since she had no clue. After I tried to pay it with my CC, she told me the transaction had to be voided. I asked why, she didn't know!She calls the manager over, manager tells me to follow her to customer service. I asked what was wrong, she tells me I can't pay using a CC, only debit or cash. (That was new to me!) I go to CS and the lady rings it up again and they say "that" card can't be activated anymore. Urgh! 20 mins have gone by. She runs to get a new one to the electronics dept., so I had to wait like 10 more mins just for her to get a new card. I ended up paying cash for it.

Which store were you at? I started at Chapel Ridge and got fed up, so I called Coldwater Rd and they said "come on over" LOL Was in & out of there in 5 min.

You know, same thing happened to me. The cashier told me "this is a $50 card, why is it $35?!?" I had to explain to her the sale, since she had no clue. After I tried to pay it with my CC, she told me the transaction had to be voided. I asked why, she didn't know!She calls the manager over, manager tells me to follow her to customer service. I asked what was wrong, she tells me I can't pay using a CC, only debit or cash. (That was new to me!) I go to CS and the lady rings it up again and they say "that" card can't be activated anymore. Urgh! 20 mins have gone by. She runs to get a new one to the electronics dept., so I had to wait like 10 more mins just for her to get a new card. I ended up paying cash for it.

I paid with my debt card as a credit card for the laptops and itunes. And had no problems...like I said I was very happy with Walmart today :)

Which store were you at? I started at Chapel Ridge and got fed up, so I called Coldwater Rd and they said "come on over" LOL Was in & out of there in 5 min.

I was at Coldwater (I hate that store anyway) but as the very first person to try this deal,I was the guinea pig I guess.

Glad they got it straightened out in time for you!

I sent the manager an email anyway.

WM needs to do a better job is keeping their store personnel informed. Over the last few years I have found WM is hiring warm bodies. That is why I always go to store management.

I thought WM did the pep rallies, made everyone sing, make a pledge to Sam Walton and made announcements each shift change.

I had errands to run today so i went to a farther away WM then I usually go to. There was a line at the electronics department and had sold out of the 26" Vizio's by the time I was within 3 people from the cashier. An employee was stating that they might be getting another shipment tonight. No rain checks.

I have always been a supporter of WM especially for BF. My usual compliment is that with the exception of door busters that are advertised as limited supply, they normally have a large quantity of their other BF deals.

In this case there were no "while supplies last" implications, and I noticed that they let many customers purchase more than one TV. This makes me concerned about how wll they will do on BF.

Go back & read the press release for this sale. It stated that what was available is in limited quantities & limit of 2 per customer.

Ended up getting the iTunes cards. Still had about 15 laptops at my WM when I went back at about 2. Turns out the store actually did have about 4 more of the 26'' LEDs than they thought. So kinda disspointed I missed out on getting one this morning sicne then I would have had Christmas for my sis done. But, guess it wasn't meant for me to get that tv...hopefully there is a similar one in the coming weeks before BF or after, since I am not one to go and wait hours upon hours to get something.

Got to my WM at noon, and they still had some iTunes cards left...dine with transaction in under a minute...no complaints here...

And they had plenty of TVs, all 32" and larger...didn't see the 26" ones, but I'm not in the market for one, so I really didn't look all that hard...

Well, I just left Walmart no more than a hour ago and I was finally! able to get the Itunes gift cards. The csr told me that the reason they wouldn't activate was because someone in headquarters set the timer at 8 am Central time instead of 8 am Eastern. Go Figure!

Btw, he also let me buy 4 gift cards for my trouble, on two separate transactions of course. Probably because he had about 20 or so left ;)

Gotta love Wally World!

First in line at 5:30am. Got my laptop and Itunes card and my sister got her TV. My walmart only had 4 of each TV. Lots of people were upset. One lady even went as far as asking if I would buy the TV for her and she would pay me back. I told her it wasn't fair to the ones that came early and got in line. She was a little upset with me after my response so I told her next time get out of bed at 5am like the rest of us do for the items we want.

First in line at 5:30am. Got my laptop and Itunes card and my sister got her TV. My walmart only had 4 of each TV. Lots of people were upset. One lady even went as far as asking if I would buy the TV for her and she would pay me back. I told her it wasn't fair to the ones that came early and got in line. She was a little upset with me after my response so I told her next time get out of bed at 5am like the rest of us do for the items we want.

:gdyeahthat::clapping:

Well, I just left Walmart no more than a hour ago and I was finally! able to get the Itunes gift cards. The csr told me that the reason they wouldn't activate was because someone in headquarters set the timer at 8 am Central time instead of 8 am Eastern. Go Figure!

Btw, he also let me buy 4 gift cards for my trouble, on two separate transactions of course. Probably because he had about 20 or so left ;)

Gotta love Wally World!

That might be the reason they were not validating at 8 a.m. but unfortunately I was still trying to check out over an hour later (after 9 a.m. EST) and they still were not validatiing!

I didn't make it to Walmart until 7:30 pm tonight to try and get the iTunes cards. I was sure they would all be gone by now, but to my surprise, they still had them left. Hubby and I picked up four of them for Christmas gifts! Clerk said it hadn't really been all that busy today. She had been working since noon and I was the first iTunes cards she had rang up!

They didn't even have signs (for the itunes) at the Walmart I went to this after noon. There was no advertisement for those but they had the tv's mark on sale. I picked up a couple more itunes cards no problem.

Then as I was checking out I just happened to have my GottaDeal Black Friday shirt on. The cashier told me he hated my shirt because it advertised for a web site :rolleyes: I told him I didn't give a **** I liked it and thought the back was funny. I never even brought it up he just looked and it and told me that.

Big Jim,

The sad thing is Walmart does a better job NOW then they ever did educating employees on things like this. But from working there, I have noticed it is in one ear and out the other with most of them. I watched an associate the other day get asked by a customer, "Do you guys carry Fruit Loops?" (Keep in mind this is a SuperCenter), and the associate replied, "I'm not sure, I don't normally work in grocery". I can't believe that stuff. Half of the employees today didn't even know we had an electronics sale!