Post a Holiday Recipe & Win GD Reusable Grocery Bags [Winners Posted]

Brad

Okay...all of these wonderful recipes have me so ready to do some holiday baking (and I am NOT a cook/baker)! Here is a super simple recipe for a very rich treat.

Gooey Butter Cakes

Crust

1 package yellow cake mix

1 egg

1 stick melted butter/margarine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine above ingredients and mix well. Pat into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.

Filling

1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1 stick melted butter/margarine

16 ounces powdered sugar

Combine above ingredients and beat until smooth. Spread evenly over crust mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. (The center should be gooey - don't overbake)

Christmas Caramels

1 Cup Butter

1 Cup white Sugar

1 Cup Brown Sugar

1 Cup Light corn syrup

1 (14oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk

Dash of Salt

Combine ingredients in heavy pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon. Keep at rolling boil and cook till soft ball forms in cold water (about 15 minutes). Pour into buttered 7x11 pan. Cool, then cut into squares and wrap each piece in wax paper. Makes about 75 pieces.

Reese's Pieces Cookies

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1 cup shortening

2 eggs

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups Reese’s Pieces

Directions

1.In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla thoroughly. Add flour, salt, and baking soda to creamed mixture. Blend well. Add 1 cup of Reese’s Pieces candies.

2.Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. Slightly push a few candies on top of each dough ball with remaining candies.

3.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 9 to 11 minutes, to your liking.

Christmas Caramels

1 Cup Butter

1 Cup white Sugar

1 Cup Brown Sugar

1 Cup Light corn syrup

1 (14oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk

Dash of Salt

Combine ingredients in heavy pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon. Keep at rolling boil and cook till soft ball forms in cold water (about 15 minutes). Pour into buttered 7x11 pan. Cool, then cut into squares and wrap each piece in wax paper. Makes about 75 pieces.

I lovveeeee Caramel. Can you elaborate a little on the "Keep at rolling boil and cook till soft ball forms in cold water" part. I'm guessing I scoop a bit out and drop it into water to test? Thanks!!

I lovveeeee Caramel. Can you elaborate a little on the "Keep at rolling boil and cook till soft ball forms in cold water" part. I'm guessing I scoop a bit out and drop it into water to test? Thanks!!

While the ingredients are boiling you just get like a cup of cold water. Then like you said just scoop a litte out. It doesn't take much just like a drop. Put it in the cup. If you can form a soft ball then it is done.

Ricotta cake

1 yellow cake box mix ( and any additional ingredients used to make the cake mix)

2tsp vanilla ( or vanilla pudding jello mix) The pudding mix will make it WAY more moist, while the vanilla extract will just give it more of a vanilla flavor but keep a firmer consistancy)

4 eggs

2lbs ricotta cheese

3/4 cup sugar

Confectionary sugar

Make the yellow cake mix as directed on the box.

Grease pan and put cake mix in pan

Mix together your ricotta, sugar, vanilla, and eggs

Spread this mixture on top of the cake mixture

Place in oven at 350 degrees for one hour

( Cake mixture should now be on top with ricotta mixture on the bottom)

Let cool and then cut into squares. Then top with confectionary sugar.

We don't make this as much anymore, with how expensive even generic Velveeta is nowadays, but this one is a favorite for snacking during afternoon gatherings, while sipping on hot chocolate (or hot flavored tea)... :)

Cheesy Sausage Dip

1 large box Velveeta (generic works fine)

1 can tomatoes with green chiles (like Rotel)

1 can cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup

1-2 lbs bulk sausage, cooked and crumbled

Put all ingredients in crockpot on High, stirring occasionally, until melted. Turn down to Low and let cook for 1-2 hours (or more), to let flavors blend. Turn to lowest setting and serve directly from crockpot. Refrigerate any leftovers; reheats best in individual servings in the microwave.

Spritz Cookies - to be used in a cookie press (or what we call the cookie gun)

3 sticks of butter, softened

1 egg

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

3 1/2 cups flour

coloring and sprinkles, if desired

Preheat oven to 375. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla; mix well. (If coloring the dough, add it with the liquids). Add the flour one cup at a time until soft dough forms. Put dough into cookie press, press cookies onto cool cookie sheets, bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden on the bottom. Let cool 2 minutes on sheets, then transfer to cookie racks. If using cocoa powder for chcolate cookies, substitute 1/2 c cocoa for flour. If using sprinkles, add to cookies before baking.

Just made this two days ago with the Pumpkin press and orange coloring for pumpkin cookies! The trickiest part is the butter - too cold and it won't come out, too soft and they'll lose their form...

I'm not one for fancy stuff and have limited taste buds but LOVE this dessert everytime plus it's practically foolproof.

http://images.media-allrecipes.com//site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/big/300124.jpg

Ingredients

1 chocolate cookie pie crust

1 cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter

8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)

1/2 cup sugar

12 oz container of Cool Whip

1 11.75 oz jar Smucker's Hot Fudge Ice Cream Topping Divided

Drizzle:

2 tablespoons Smucker's Hot Fudge

2 tablespoons Jif Peanut Butter

Directions:

1. In a medium bowl, beat together the Jif Peanut Butter, cream cheese and sugar. Gently fold in 3 cups whipped topping. Spoon mixture into pie shell. Using a spatula, smooth mixture to edges of pie.

2. Reserving 2 tablespoons of Smuckers hot fudge, place remaining Smucker's Hot Fudge into microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Spread over pie to cover the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until serving time.

3. Just before serving, spread the remaining whipped topping over hot fudge layer, being careful not to mix the two layers.

4. Place the 2 tablespoons Smucker's Hot fudge in a small baggie and knead for a few seconds. Cut a tiny hole in the corner of the bag and drizzle over pie. Do the wame with 2 tablespoons Jif Peanut Butter going in the opposite direction of the Smucker's Hot Fudge.

Congratulations to all the winners! I can't wait to test out some of these awesome recipes this holiday season!

The 5 winners are:

connieh

Gator Pam

HansieDZ

GinaInIL

raven20_79

Congrats! You will be contacted soon to get your shipping info.

More contests soon...