Not my recipe....but always popular.

CHEX MIX PUPPY CHOW

9 cup Chex

1 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup butter

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat.

Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.

We make this but it is waaayyy better if you make it the night before and let the chocolate harded back up and eat it cold out of the fridge.

Rice Pudding

1 cup cooked rice

2 cups of milk

1 TBSP butter melted (microwave)

pinch of salt

3/4 cup raisins (I did Craisins = YUMMY!! Whatever dried fruit chopped small would work)

2 eggs

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/2 cup sugar

½ tsp vanilla

Beat eggs then add to milk, sugar & vanilla in Crock-Pot. Whisk items well. Stir in rice and raisins.

Cover, cook on high for 1 3/4 hours. Done when mixture looks creamy and thick; pudding will thicken as it cools. Turn off cooker and cool mixture to room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to eat. We ate this about 30 mins after shutting off, while warm and it was very good.

That sounds yummy!!!

A great chef once gave me his recipe and it goes something like this.

One cereal bowl of uncooked rice, one gallon of milk, one and a half cereal bowls of sugar, and cinammon to taste. Cook in huge stock pot for a few hours until very thick and lumpy. Stir in one cereal bowl of Vanilla Ice Cream. You can serve it warm or chill it. It obviously makes a HUGE portion so its great for large gatherings. Best rice pudding EVER! Sorry the measurements aren't more precise, but what do u expect from a chef.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosted Cookies

Cookies

1 box super moist chocolate fudge cake mix

3/4 cup creamy peanut butter

1/3 cup water

1 teaspoon vanilla

4 eggs

1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Frosting

1 1/2 containers (12oz each) whipped fluffy white frosting

2 teaspoons milk

1. Heat oven to 375F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.

2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, 3/4 cup peanut butter, the water, vanilla and eggs on medium speed about 2 minutes or until blended. Gently stir in chocolate chips. Onto cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart.

3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.

4. In medium bowl, stir together frosting ingredients. Frost cookies with frosting.

Makes about 5 dozen cookies!

I make this every holiday, I can eat it as a dessert also, because of the sweet crunchy topping. YUM!!

Sweet Potato Casserole.

Ingredients

* 4 cups sweet potato, cubed

* 1/2 cup white sugar

* 2 eggs, beaten

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 4 tablespoons butter, softened ( I always use real butter, unsalted)

* 1/2 cup 1/2 and 1/2 (you can use milk)

* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar

* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour

* 3 tablespoons butter, softened

* 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash.

2. In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, salt, butter, 1/2 & 1/2 and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.

3. In medium bowl, mix the sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.

4. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosted Cookies

Cookies

1 box super moist chocolate fudge cake mix

1/3 cup water

1 teaspoon vanilla

4 eggs

1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Frosting

1 1/2 containers (12oz each) whipped fluffy white frosting

2 teaspoons milk

1. Heat oven to 375F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.

2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, 3/4 cup peanut butter, the water, vanilla and eggs on medium speed about 2 minutes or until blended. Gently stir in chocolate chips. Onto cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart.

3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.

4. In medium bowl, stir together frosting ingredients. Frost cookies with frosting.

Makes about 5 dozen cookies!

These sound so good, I am going to make them for my daughter who is a huge fan of peanut butter/chocolate! Thanks so much.

Chocolate Holiday Bears

My family does not like gingerbread for gingerbread people so when i found this recipe that uses chocolate i was so excited. the kids love to decorate these they are so much fun!

What You Need

3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding

1 egg

1-3/4 cups flour

1 tsp. baking soda

3 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate

Decorations: assorted small candies, raisins, sprinkles, colored sugars, JET PUFFED Mini Marshmallows

Make It

HEAT oven to 350°F.

BEAT first 4 ingredients in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Mix flour and baking soda; gradually add to pudding mixture, beating well after each addition. Shape into ball.

ROLL out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch-thickness. Cut out dough using 4-inch bear-shaped cookie cutter; place, 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets. Reroll scraps and use to cut additional cookies. Decorate with small candies, raisins or sprinkles for eyes, mouth and buttons, pressing decorations lightly into dough to secure.

BAKE 12 to 14 min. or until slightly firm. Let stand on baking sheets 2 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.

MELT chocolate; spread onto bottom halves of bears for the pants or skirts. Use remaining chocolate to attach remaining decorations. Let stand until chocolate is firm

Happy Baking!:2letseat:

I am not a cook, but this crab quiche is easy and good.

Ingredients

1/2 cup mayonnaise

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 eggs, beaten

1/2 cup milk

1 cup crab meat

1 cup diced Swiss cheese

1/2 cup chopped green onions

1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, mayonnaise, flour, and milk until thoroughly blended. Stir in crab, cheese, and onion. Spread into pie shell.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

My favorite holiday cookie is Monster Cookies. Everyone loves them!

6 eggs

2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar

2 cups sugar

1/2 T vanilla extract

4 t. baking soda

1/2 lb butter (2 sticks)

1 1/2 lbs peanut butter

9 cups oatmeal

1/2 lb M & M's

1/2 lb Chocolate Chips

Heat oven to 350.

Combine all ingredients. Drop by ice cream scoop and bake for 12-15 minutes.

Pink Lemonade Icebox Pie

Ingredients

* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

* 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk

* 3/4 cup thawed pink lemonade concentrate

* 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

* 2 Drops red food coloring, optional

* 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)

Directions

* In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in milk until blended. Beat in lemonade concentrate. Fold in whipped topping and food coloring if desired. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate until set. Yield: 8 servings.

Super easy and fast. My 9 year old is making these for Thanksgiving this year.

Magic Cookie Bars

*Adjust the amounts as you like-my amounts make it very, very rich but that's how we like them!

2 cups graham crackers

a little over 1/2 cup melted butter

1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips

1/2 bag of butterscotch chips

1 1/2 cups of flaked coconut

1/2 to 1 cup of chopped walnuts (I usually only put the nuts on half)

Heat oven to 350.

Coat 13 x 9 pan with lots of cooking spray.

Combine the graham crumbs with the butter and press into the bottom of the pan (I use my hands to mix them up-easier and faster)

Pour the condensed milk as evenly as possible over the crumb mixture.

Then layer the chocolate chips, butterscotch, coconut, and nuts over the milk.

Gently press all of it down a little with a fork or spoon.

Cook for about 20 minutes or until the coconut starts browning and the milk starts getting bubbly.

Not my recipe - found it on the back of the reese pb chips bag but these are a big favorite in our house....

Reese Chewy Chocolate cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup Cocoa

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips

Directions:

Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

Christmas Crack (yep, crack because it's so addictive!)

1 sleeve of saltine crackers (you can also use Ritz or Graham crackers)

3/4 cup of brown sugar

1 cup butter

1 bag of chocolate chips (I use semi sweet but you can use any type)

3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 400* and line a cookie sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray and cover sheet with a single layer of crackers. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil (keep stirring because it burns easily). Boil for 3 minutes while stirring with a whisk. Pour over saltines as evenly as possible. Bake in oven for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from oven (you don't want to get the caramel mixture on you because it will feel like lava eating your skin...trust me). Let cool for about 3 minutes or until you can see the crackers distinctly. Evenly distribute the chocolate chips over the top and let them melt. Once melted add pecans if you are using them. Refrigerate until completely cool. Once it's cold break into small pieces and serve!

It's great to add to cookie tins or plates for gifts!

Christmas Crack (yep, crack because it's so addictive!)

1 sleeve of saltine crackers (you can also use Ritz or Graham crackers)

3/4 cup of brown sugar

1 cup butter

1 bag of chocolate chips (I use semi sweet but you can use any type)

3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 400* and line a cookie sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray and cover sheet with a single layer of crackers. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil (keep stirring because it burns easily). Boil for 3 minutes while stirring with a whisk. Pour over saltines as evenly as possible. Bake in oven for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from oven (you don't want to get the caramel mixture on you because it will feel like lava eating your skin...trust me). Let cool for about 3 minutes or until you can see the crackers distinctly. Evenly distribute the chocolate chips over the top and let them melt. Once melted add pecans if you are using them. Refrigerate until completely cool. Once it's cold break into small pieces and serve!

It's great to add to cookie tins or plates for gifts!

That's my Passover Matzah Caramel Crunch with saltines instead of matzah!

I change it up by adding the nuts while the caramel simmers so they get coated with the sauce and glazed on while baking and I melt some kosher for passover white chocolate which I put in a piping bag to drizzle over the melted darker chocolate.

Wonderful and easy recipe to include on cookie trays!

I can't go to either Passover seder I attend yearly without it.

I make this super easy Chocolate Pie and adjusted it for my brother who is diabetic.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup cold milk (I use 1%)

2 pkgs. (4 serving size) Jello chocolate flavor instant pudding & pie filling (I use Sugar Free)

1 tub (12 ounces) Cool Whip, thawed (I use Sugar Free here too)

1 prepared graham cracker crumb crust

Directions:

Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 1 minute. (mixture will be thick. ) Gently stir in 1/2 of the Sugar Free Cool Whip. Spoon into crust.

Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Top with the remaining Cool Whip. Store leftover pie in refrigerator. (That is... if there are any leftovers)

POTATO CANDY

1/2 c. mashed potatoes, warmed (homemade, not boxed)

1 lb. confectioners sugar

1/2 c. peanut butter

Mix warm potatoes with sifted sugar. Roll out and spread with peanut butter. Roll up like a jelly roll and slice.

We have made this every Christmas my whole life. It is very rich but oh so good.

Lamb with a Moroccan Spice Rub - good with just about anything, but traditionally we serve it with various steamed veggies, eggplant, puré de batata (mashed potatoes), etc.

1 tsp cumin seeds [or 1 tablespoon ground cumin]

1 tbs coriander seeds

1 tsp black peppercorns [or 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper]

1 tbs sweet paprika

1 tsp turmeric

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp allspice

20 threads saffron, finely broken

4 cloves garlic, minced

1/3 cup minced parsley

zest of 1 lemon

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 leg of lamb, 5 to 6 pounds [bone in!!!]

***optional - 1/3 cup honey can be added to this OR 2 tbs brown sugar. This will give a nice sweet kick but it's not too overpowering.

First Make the Spice Rub

Toast cumin seeds and coriander seeds in a dry skillet over medium low heat, stirring frequently, for 5 or so minutes, until fragrant. Transfer to plate and let cool thoroughly. Grind cumin, coriander and peppercorns with a mortar and pestle or in a spice grinder. Combine the cumin mixture in a bowl with the remaining rub ingredients, stirring to thoroughly blend.

Spread the rub evenly over the entire surface of the leg of lamb. It's easiest to spoon it on and then rub it in with your hands. Wrap the leg of lamb in plastic wrap and marinate, chilled, for 4 hours or longer. Remove from fridge for last half-hour of marinating to let it warm up slightly before roasting.

Roasting the Lamb:

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil a baking pan [just to make it easier to clean later] and place the leg of lamb in a rack in the pan. Roast in the center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes per pound, rotating the pan once halfway through. Variations in ovens and the size of the leg of lamb will cause cooking times to vary quite a bit. Use a quick-read thermometer to check the lamb well before you think it should be done [make sure you don't hit the bone—that will mess up your temp reading]. You’re shooting for an internal temperature of anywhere from 130 to 145ºF. Remove from the oven and let it rest, tented lightly with foil, for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.

Make your ''Honey'' a Holiday Honey Cake!:smirk:

Honey cake is a recipe that's spicy, smooth, and moist. Try our Holiday Honey Cake recipe that's sure to bring back comforting childhood memories.

Baking Time: 45 min

What You Need

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup sugar

1 cup sour cream

1 cup honey

2 eggs

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

2 tablespoons sliced almonds

What to Do:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9" x 5" loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.[/color]

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except almonds; beat until well blended then pour batter equally into prepared loaf pans and sprinkle equally with almonds.

What To Endulge :)

Bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Makes 2 loaves...Because its so tasty :)

If you like hot wings you will love this Hot wing dip ...I take a whole bag of skniless boneless chicken breast (cooked and shreded) 2-3 cream cheese ,whole bottle of ranch dressing and a half to 3/4ths of franks red hot sauce and colby jack cheese and mix together and bake on 400 till the cheese melts!!!Serve with tortia chips .....it makes a whole casserole dish ful!!!you can sut it down but i make alot for family get togethers and I like left overs!!!lol

Peanut Butter Pie

8 oz. cream cheese - softened

1t vanilla

1/2 c. sugar

1/4 c. creamy peanut butter (I've used crunchy too)

2 c. cool whip thawed

1 oreo crust

- Mix all ingredients together until smooth, and pour into crust. Refrigerate overnight and serve! I've used fudge sundae topping as well to add a little something.

Made this a few years ago and I'm always asked to bake this for the holidays:

Banana Sour Cream Bread

Yield 4 - 7x3 inch loaves

Ingredients

1/4 cup white sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3/4 cup butter

3 cups white sugar

3 eggs

6 very ripe bananas, mashed

1 (16 ounce) container sour cream

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 teaspoons baking soda

4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.

2.In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.

3.Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Yummy :)

The famous puertorrican dish Arroz con Gandules (Rice with Pigeon Pea). You can eat it all year around, but mostly is made around X-mas.

Ingredients

2 green bell peppers, diced

1 onion, chopped

6 cloves garlic, minced

1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped

3 tablespoons olive oil

1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce

1 (.25 ounce) package Spanish seasoning

3 cups uncooked brown rice

2 (15 ounce) cans pigeon peas, drained

6 cups boiling water

Directions

Place green peppers, onion, garlic and cilantro in a blender or food processor, puree. This mixture is called soffrito, it is your seasoning base. It can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 6 months.

Place 3 tablespoons olive oil and 6 tablespoons soffrito in an 8 quart saucepan. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes to release oils.

Pour one can of tomato sauce and the Spanish seasoning packet into the saucepan, mix well. Add 3 cups rice to the mixture and stir until the rice is coated.

Stir pigeon peas into the mixture and add boiling water. Cover the pot with aluminum foil and a pot lid. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 45 minutes or until rice is tender.

Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding – Spanish Style)

Ingredients:

2 liters of whole milk

1 cup of Valencia type rice

3 cups of water

2 cups white sugar

2 cinnamon sticks (cut in half)

2 small pieces of lemon peel

2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

1 large 3 qt pot

Steps:

-Rinse 1 cup of Valencia rice with water

-Put the rice and 3 cups of water in a large 3 qt pot over low-medium heat

-Add the 2 pieces of lemon peels and cinnamon sticks to the water

-Let the water heat up but not to a boil stirring occasionally

-Once the rice has been soaking for a while (7-10 minutes) add the milk, sugar and vanilla extract

-Keep the heat at medium, stirring occasionally at the beginning (every 10 minutes), but almost constantly once the milk begins to thicken (about 1 hour) – this will prevent the milk from burning and sticking to the bottom of the pot.

-It will take about 1 ½ - 2 hours for the milk and rice mixture to thicken to the proper texture.

-Remove the lemon peels and cinnamon sticks from the arroz con leche before pouring into another container.

-Eat it warm or place in the fridge to cool.

Enjoy!!! I make this several times in the year but especially during the Christmas Holiday's. I always make a batch for my co-workers and another for my family - Delicious.

Peppermint Bark

1 pkg while almond bark

1 tsp peppermint extract

12 peppermint candy canes crushed

Melt the almond bark in the microwave according to directions on package. Mix in peppermint extract and crushed candy canes. Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove from freezer, break bark into pieces and enjoy!

I also often mix the melted almond bark with the peppermint extract, dip pretzels into it, sprinkle them with crushed candy cane and dry them on wax paper.

Cranberry Jello Salad

Original Recipe Yield 6 to 8 servings

Ingredients

• 2 cups chopped cranberries

• 1 large orange

• 1 cup white sugar

• 1 cup chopped walnuts

• 1 cup finely diced celery

• 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained

• 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry flavored gelatin mix

• 2 cups hot water

Directions

1. Combine the gelatin with hot water (don't let stand). Grind cranberries and orange (including rind) mix with sugar. Stir in nuts, celery and pineapple. Mix with prepared gelatin and chill.

This recipe is for people like me who are not really good at cooking, but still like to cook :)

1 pkg. (10.75 oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed.

1 can (16oz.) vanilla frosting.

Red decorating gel

Slice the pound cake into 8 equal pieces.

Press lightly to make an indention on the cake with a candy cane cookie cutter (use a large one).

With a sharp knife cut out the candy cane shape. One per each slice.

Place cutouts on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Transfer frosting into a large microwave-safe measuring cup; microwave on High, stirring at 10 second intervals, until frosting is thin enough to pour, about one minute.

Pour frosting over tops and sides of each candy cane cake to cover completely. Let stand until set, about 10 minutes. Use red decorating gel,

to pipe stripes onto each cake.

Ok...this one is super simple, but I run a daycare and the kids can do it. They turn out yummy!

square pretzels

hershey kisses

m&ms (red and green)

Put a hershey kiss on the pretzel, pop in an oven at 350 and wait until it is slightly melted. Then take the m&m and press into the soft hershey kiss and voila. A simple finger food for a kid's get together!

This reminds me...you can take pretzels and top with a rolo...melt in the oven then press a pecan in the melted rolo..top with a couple of sprinkles...tasty, easy and cute!

THE Best Caramel Corn Recipe

Courtesy of Mr. Food

12 cups popped popcorn (I use Orville Reddenbacher microwave,the butteriest you can find)

1 (12 oz) mixed nuts

1 cup packed light brown sugar

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (I use real butter for this)

1/4 c. honey

1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. In a large bowl,combine popcorn and nuts. In a small saucepan,bring the brown sugar,butter and honey to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes,stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and mix well.

Pour over the popcorn mixture and stir until thoroughly coated. Spoon onto two ungreased (I used 2 rimmed cookies sheets lined with non-stick aluminum foil) and bake for one hour stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool until crispy.

I give this to teachers each year and everyone goes crazy for it!

This is a family favorite that my grandmother made. She used the exact recipe as below, but somehow, hers always tasted better!

Kentucky Pound Cake

Cake:

1 1/4 cups Crisco oil

2 cups sugar

4 eggs

2 1/2 cups self-rising flour

2 tsp cinnamon sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 small can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup

1 cup chopped pecans

Combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon sugar. Add eggs and oil and stir until completely mixed. Add pineapple, nuts, and vanilla. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. (Check after 1 hour.)

Icing:

1/2 stick butter

1 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup evaporated milk

1 tsp vanilla

Bring first 3 ingredients to a slow boil. Boil 5-6 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Stir until thick enough to spread.

POTATO CANDY

1/2 c. mashed potatoes, warmed (homemade, not boxed)

1 lb. confectioners sugar

1/2 c. peanut butter

Mix warm potatoes with sifted sugar. Roll out and spread with peanut butter. Roll up like a jelly roll and slice.

We have made this every Christmas my whole life. It is very rich but oh so good.

Thank you so much for posting this recipe! My Mom used to make this all the time and I had forgotten all about it. I am going to make some for my family this year.