Post a Holiday Recipe & Win GD Reusable Grocery Bags [Winners Posted]

Brad

Here's our first contest this year for our popular GD reusable grocery bags!

http://www.gottadeal.com/images/grocerybag2.jpg

HOW TO WIN: We had this one last year and it was well-received, so we'll do it again: post a recipe for your favorite holiday dessert. Whether it's Christmas cookies, a pie for Thanksgiving or anything else you'd like, share the recipe with everyone here.

Hopefully it's something you've made every year that you love, or if you are "baking-challenged", find a recipe that sounds good and post that one. Feel free to tell everyone why it's so good and/or include pics to make everyone hungry.

I have hidden last year's thread so you can't just copy and paste last year's entry (not that any of you would be that lazy, lol), so if you entered last year, try to find another recipe to use this year.

You can post as many recipes as you'd like (please try to keep them all in one post if possible), but each person will only get one entry for the drawing.

Entries will be accepted until 2pm ET on Thursday. At that point I'll randomly select 5 winners from all eligible entries and they will each win a 4-pack of GD grocery bags!

Good luck to all!

1 large 29 oz can pumpkin

1 box yellow cake mix

1 cup milk

1 tsp cinnamon

1 cup melted butter

1/8 tsp cloves

1/2 tsp salt

3 eggs

1 cup sugar

1/4 tsp ginger

1/8 tsp nutmeg

Prepare pumpkin mixture pour in a 9" by 13" cake pan. Sprinkle yellow cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Melt butter pour over yellow cake. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Enjoy hot or cold.

Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip

I've been asked this question and so I'll answer it here: yes, if you've already won a BF t-shirt, you can still win these grocery bags since it is for a different prize.

Also, since we get a lot of lurkers viewing these contest threads, please register so you can enter: http://forums.gottadeal.com/register.php

Registration is free and allows you to post, enter contests, remove the ads on the forum and use the shopping list feature on the Black Friday site. You must confirm your registration via the link in the e-mail that will be sent to you in order to post, so don't forget that step.

Sugar Cookies

Oven: 375 degrees

1 1/4 cup sugar

2/3 cup shortening

2 eggs

1 tablespoon milk

1 teaspoon vanilla ( I always used Lemon extract instead)

3 cups flour

2 teaspoon baking power

1 teaspoon salt

Cream sugar, shortening, eggs, milk and vanilla together. Combine flour, baking power and salt, blend into cream mixture.

Roll 1 1/8 inch thick on floured board, cut with cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, bake for 8-10 minutes.

Either sprinkle with sugar or frost.

Cinnamon Clay

This recipe makes a sweet smelling dough that can be made into ornaments or package decorations.

Note: As in all recipes, results can vary depending on humidity, conditions, etc. Please try any recipe out before attempting in a group setting.

This project is rated EASY to do.

What You Need

•• 1 1/2 cups ground Cinnamon

•• 1 cup Applesauce

•• 1/3 cup white School glue (like Elmer's)

•• 1 medium sized Bowl

•• Flat surface for kneading

•• Wax paper

•• Rolling pin

•• Cookie cutters - various types

•• Knife

•• Straw

•• Non-stick cooling rack

•• Ribbon

•• Puffy paints, optional

How To Make It

1. Mix cinnamon, applesauce, and glue together in a bowl.

2. Remove from the bowl and knead the mixture until it turns into a firm clay.

3. Let sit for about 30 minutes.

4. Clay is best used at room temperature. You may need to dust your rolling pin, hands, or working surface with cinnamon, or use wax paper as a working surface.

5. Roll out clay with a rolling pin to approximately 1/8 of an inch thick.

6. Use cutters to cut out desired shapes ( we like gingerbread men).

7. If you are going to hang your shape, use a straw to cut out a hole near the top of the shape.

8. Place shapes on a non stick cooling rack or wax paper. You will need to keep an eye on them and turn them over occasionally so that they dry evenly and dry flat.

9. Dry shapes for approximately 5 days.

10. When dry you may put a ribbon through the hole for hanging on the tree or adding to a package.

11. You may add puffy paint to decorate your shapes, if you wish.

Easy and delicious...my husband could eat one all by himself!

Fruit Ball

1 can (15 ½ oz) fruit cocktail, well drained (I used the one with Splenda)

2-8 oz cream cheese, softened

1 small box vanilla instant pudding (I used the sugar free kind)

Chop the fruit into smaller pieces (I put mine in the mixer and let it chop it).

Mix all ingredients together. Chill for 1 hour. Roll in ball. Roll in crushed pecans. Serve with Graham Crackers.

Delicious!!!

Pumpkin Muffins

You will not believe how easy this is!! These muffins freeze well and can easily be zapped for a few seconds before running out the door during the rushed holiday seasons. I've already made them twice this year, once with a spice cake mix and once with a 50% less sugar yellow cake mix and adding just a bit of all spice to the batter.

Ingredients:

1 can (29 ozs) Libby's pumpkin pie filling

1 cake mix (see notes above)

Mix until completely blended, approx. 3 mins. Spoon into regular sized muffin tins about 2/3 full, or spoon into mini-muffin tins until nearly full.

Bake according to directions on box.

Yum Yum!

I am going to share my most favorite pie recipe. Everyone will ask you to make it again. No joke. it is Butterscotch pecan pie

3 eggs

1 cup light corn syrup (with the vanilla)

1/8 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup sugar

2 tbs butter

1 cup pecan halves

9 inch unbaked pie shell

whipped cream

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl beat eggs slightly. Add corn syrup, salt, vanilla sugar and butter. Mix well. Fold in pecans. Pour into pie shell. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 30-35 minutes or untikl outer edge of filling seems set. let cool on a wire rack. Just before serving add whipped cream.

Pumpkin Spice Latte:

* 2 cups Milk (your Choice - Skim, 1%, 2%, Whole, Soy, Etc.)

* 2 Tablespoons Canned Pumpkin Puree

* 1 Tablespoon Sugar Or Sugar Subtitute

* 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract

* ½ teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice

* ¼ cups Espresso (1-2 Shots) OR 2/3 Cup Very Strong Coffee

Preparation Instructions

In a saucepan, combine milk, pumpkin and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds until foamy. If you don’t have a blender, don’t worry about it. Just whisk the mixture really well with a wire whisk.

Pour into a large mug or two mugs. Add the espresso on top.

Optional: Top with whipped cream and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, or cinnamon on top.

Baked Brunch Omelet - This is so good!

Ingredients

1/2 (1 pound) loaf white bread, cut into cubes

1 1/2 pounds Cheddar cheese, shredded

1 cup cubed cooked ham

8 eggs

2 cups milk

1 pinch salt

1/4 cup chopped green onion

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.

Place half of the bread cubes on bottom of baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the ham and then half of the cheese; repeat.

In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, hot sauce and green onions. Pour egg mixture into pan.

Place pan on top of a baking sheet with a rim and place in oven. Pour water into baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes, or until eggs have set.

Oreo Dirt Cake

1 bag oreos (crushed)

1 large box vanilla pudding

1 8 oz. container Cool Whip

1 cup sugar ( I use less sugar alot of times and it turns out fine)

1 8 oz bar of cream cheese, softened (optional)

Pudding Mix Directions:

Mix the Vanilla pudding according to package directions.

Add cool whip a little at a time, then add sugar and the softened cream cheese. Mix very well.

Put a layer of crushes oreos into bowl. Then put layer of pudding mix. Repeat layering. Make sure to end layering with pudding mix. I decorate the top layer w/a handful of crushed oreos sprinkled on top. Sometimes I add whole oreos on top. The Christmas colored oreos are very pretty when making this dessert.

After you have finished layering cover bowl and refrigerate at least 10 hours. It is better overnight though.

This is one one those things that you can make a day or two ahead. It is a hit. I have to fix this for both my side of the family and my inlaws at Thanksgiving and christmas dinners. I have been making this for dinners for about 8 years. Everyone loves it.

These are my Kid's All Time Favorites... :yup:

Chocolate Crinkles (Black and Whites) Recipe

4 tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter

8 ounces (225 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (I usually substitute unsweetened Cocoa with Oil - it shows on the package of Cocoa how much = the size of each square of chocolate.)

1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar

2 large eggs

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Topping:

1 cup (110 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted

In a stainless steel bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter. Remove from heat and set aside.

In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the eggs and sugar until thick, pale, and fluffy. (When you slowly raise the beaters the batter will fall back into the bowl in slow ribbons.) At this point beat in the vanilla extract and then stir in the melted chocolate mixture.

In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to shape into balls (3-4 hours, or even overnight)..

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Place the confectioners sugar in a shallow bowl. With lightly greased hands, roll a small amount of chilled dough to form a 1 inch (2.5 cm) ball. Place the ball of dough into the confectioners sugar and roll the ball in the sugar until it is completely coated and no chocolate shows through. Gently lift the sugar-covered ball, tapping off excess sugar, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Continue forming cookies, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on the baking sheets. (If you find the dough getting too soft for rolling into balls, return to the refrigerator and let chill until firm.)

Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or just until the edges are slightly firm but the centers are still soft. (For moist chewy cookies do not over bake. Over baking these cookies will cause them to be dry.) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.

These cookies are best eaten the day they are baked.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

http://joyofbaking.com/images/chocolatecrinkles.jpg

Oh Holy Crap

Yes the name sounds funny, but it's really good. It's a mix of chocolate, caramel, and peanut butter layered and cut into squares. Sort of a homemade Snickers Bar. We make them every Christmas Eve along with the Sugar Cookies for Santa.

Don't quote me on the exact amounts of ingredients because I have more fun cooking by taste. I'm such a rule breaker.

1 cup milk chocolate chips

1/4 cup butterscotch chips

1/4 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup butter

1 cup white sugar

1/4 cup evaporated milk

1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme I use Fluff

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups chopped salted peanuts (optional, I'm not a big nut fan)

1 (14 ounce) package caramels

1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

1 cup milk chocolate chips

1/4 cup butterscotch chips

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

DIRECTIONS

• Lightly grease one 13 x 9 inch pan.
  • To Make Base: Combine 1 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/4 cup butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until melted and smooth. Spread into the bottom of the prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
  • To Make Filling: In a heavy saucepan melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in sugar and evaporated milk. Bring mixture to a boil and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the marshmallow cream, 1/4 cup of the peanut butter, and the vanilla. Add the peanuts, and spread over the base layer. Refrigerate until set.
  • To Make Caramel Layer: Combine the caramels and cream in a saucepan, stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Spread over the top of the filling and refrigerate until smooth.
  • To Make Frosting Layer: In another saucepan combine 1 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/4 butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter, and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Pour over the caramel layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 1 inch squares. Store in the refrigerator.

It's worth the mess. ENJOY!

Turkey Chili

1 pound ground turkey

1 package taco seasoning (I use low sodium)

1 can Mexican stewed tomatoes

1 can black beans

1 can corn

1 can tomato juice (you can also use v8)

Brown the turkey in the skillet. Drain off excess fat. Put cooked turkey, and all other ingredients in crockpot. Cook for 2-3 hours on high or 4-6 on low. Makes 6-8 1 cup servings. :)

Pumpkin Bars

2 cups All-purpose flour

2 cups Sugar

1 tsp. Cinnamon

1 tsp. Nutmeg

1/2 tsp. Salt

15oz can pumpkin

2 tsp. baking power

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. ground cloves

1 cup salad oil (canola)

4 eggs

1 container cream cheese frosting

1. In Large bowl blend all ingredients at low speed until moistened

2. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed

3. Pour into a prepared (grease) 15x10 inch pan

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes

5. Cool and spread with frosting

Edited by mulchman22
clarification

Pecan Pie Muffins

1 c. packed light brown sugar

1/2 c. all purpose flour

1 c. chopped pecans

2/3 c. butter, softened

2 eggs, beaten

1. preheat oven to 350°. Grease & flour 18 cup mini-muffin tin or use paper liners.

2. In a medium bowl, stir brown sugar, flour & pecans. In separate bowl, beat together butter & eggs until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients, just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared cups, about 2/3 full.

3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. cool on wire racks.

Pinwheels (appetizer)

Very easy, great when you are entertaining

2 tubes of crescent rolls

thinly sliced deli ham (a little less than 1/4 lb)

Fresh raw spinach

16 oz of Chive flavored cream cheese

Unroll a tube of rolls and take two triangles (they are usually together anyway) and put them on a cutting board.

Pinch the seam together so you have 1 rectangle

spread cream cheese thinly lengthwise on the rolls leaving about a 1/2 on the top.

add 1-2 pieces of ham

add a few pieces of spinach to cover ham

Roll it up longways.

Pinch the end into the roll so it is sealed

Cut into 6 pieces

Place the pieces on an ungreased cookie sheet and repeat with remaining rolls

Bake as directed for crescent rolls.

These are also good if you top with a bit of cheese about 1 minute before they are done cooking.

Pumpkin Roll

3 eggs

1 c sugar

2/3 c pumpkin

3 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 c all purpose flour

Mix all ingredients together except the flour. After well mixed stir in the flour and mix well.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake 15 min on a well greased and wax papered pan. Cool for 15 min in the pan then turn out on a tea towel and cool for 10 min. Then roll up with towel and wax paper and let cool completely. Unroll, fill and re-roll. I sprinkle with powdered sugar then cover with saran wrap and then refrigerate for 2 hours.

Filling:

1 pkg of cream cheese softened

4 TBS butter or margarine

1 c powdered sugar

1 tsp vanilla

Blend until smooth.

I have not made these yet but they are soo cute and look easy so I will def. be trying them this holiday season!

Santa's Easy Whoopie Pies

Makes: about 12 sandwich cookies

Prep: 30 minutes

Bake: 10 minutes/batch

Ingredients

* 1 package 2-layer-size yellow cake mix

* 1/3 cup butter, melted

* 2 eggs

* 1/4 cup water

* 3 tablespoons red, green, and white edible confetti sprinkles

* 1/2 16-ounce can vanilla frosting (3/4 cup)

* 1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, melted butter, eggs, and the water with a wooden spoon until smooth and thick.

2. For each cookie, drop dough from rounded measuring tablespoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle dough mounds with confetti sprinkles. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and edges are set. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.

3. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the frosting and cream cheese until thoroughly combined.

4. Spread a rounded tablespoon of frosting mixture on the bottom half of each of the cookies, spreading to the edges. Top with the remaining cookies, flat sides down, pressing cookies together lightly. Makes about 12 sandwich cookies.

To Store: Layer unfilled cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months. To serve, thaw cookies if frozen. Assemble as directed in Steps 3 and 4. For filled cookies, wrap individually in plastic wrap. Chill up to 2 days or freeze up to 3 months.

Moist Pumpkin Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease baking sheets

Cookies:

2 1/2 cups flour

1 tsp Baking soda

1 tsp Baking powder

1 tsp Cinnamon

1/2 tsp Nutmeg

1/2 tsp Salt

1 1/2 cups Sugar

1/2 cup butter (stick kind-so 1 stick)

1 cup Pumpkin

1 egg

1 tsp Vanilla

Glaze:

2 cups Powder Sugar

3 tbls Milk

1 tbls Melted Butter (stick kind)

1 tsp Vanilla

Blend till smooth

Directions:

Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt in a medium bowl. Beat sugar, butter in a large mix bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mix. Drop in balls on baking sheets. Bake for 15-18 mins until edges are firm (no longer then that). Cool for 2 mins and then drizzle Glaze over cookies.

ETA: Finally Found my other one I was going to add. I was going crazy looking for it.

Reindeer Crack

(can use graham crackers or salteen crackers)

Enough graham crackers to cover a large cookie sheet, about two packages. 1 cup brown sugar 1 cup unsalted butter 11 oz. chocolate chips (you can eyeball this it doesn't have to be exact)

Handful of chopped nuts(optional I use sprinkles)

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Line a 17.5 by 13 inch cookie sheet with foil then top with parchment (so that no caramel sticks to your pan).

3. Lay out the graham crackers on top of the parchment, breaking pieces as necessary to fit the whole sheet.

4. Combine butter and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan and stir constantly as you heat over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until the sugar dissolves.

5. Pour over graham crackers.

6. Bake at 350 for 9-12 minutes. Make sure the caramel doesnt burn.

7. Remove from oven and evenly sprinkly chocolate chips over top. Wait five minutes then use a spatula to spread the now-melted chocolate over the caramel.

8. Sprinkle nuts (or sprinkles) over top.

9. Chill in the fridge then break into pieces

Edited by peifgirl

Ok...this one is super simple, but I run a daycare and the kids can do it. They turn out yummy!

square pretzels

hershey kisses

m&ms (red and green)

Put a hershey kiss on the pretzel, pop in an oven at 350 and wait until it is slightly melted. Then take the m&m and press into the soft hershey kiss and voila. A simple finger food for a kid's get together!

Another really simple one is Peanut Butter Cups. Roll refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough (think Pillsbury) into 1" balls and place in greased mini muffin pan. Press a miniature peanut butter cup into each ball. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes. Yummy and people will think you slaved over them.

Holiday Sweet Snack Mix

Easy & fun for kids to make!! We make this treat for our neighbors and visitors during the holidays.

1 package chocolate chips - you won't need the whole bag

1 package pretzel sticks

1 package mini marshmallows

1 package M&Ms (plain, peanut or BOTH) - you may or may not use the whole bag

4 cups of plain popped popcorn

2 cups of Chex cereal or Golden Grahams (or store brand)

1 large bar of white chocolate (can usually be found in the candy isle)

1 tablespoon butter

food color

2 Large cookie sheets

wax paper

small pan

Mix chips, pretzels, marshmallows, M&Ms, popcorn, and cereal in a BIG bowl - I pour the ingredients into the bowl a little bit at a time until it looks like a good dry-to-chocolate ratio. Line the cookie sheets with wax paper and lay the mix out on the sheets so it will be about 1/2-1 inch thick.

Heat the butter up in a pan on low until melted. Break the while chocolate bar up in very, very small peices and add it to the pan on low to melt. Add a couple of drops of food color (liquid or paste work) until you get a good color.

You can also use two different colors of chocolate by using two bars of split one bar on half. Depends on your taste and how much chocolate you like.

Use a tablespoon or large serving spoon to drizzle the colored chocolate over your mix. Let it cool and harden.

Break it up into chunks and enjoy! Store sweet snack mix in a covered bowl or Ziploc bags.

Butterfinger Cake

1 box german chocolate cake mix

1 can Eagle Brand milk

1 bottle Smucker's caramel ice cream topping

1 tub Cool Whip

chopped pecans

4 large Butterfinger candy bars

Mix and bake cake according to directions. As soon as you take it from the oven, poke holes in the top wit a toothpick and pour the entire can of Eagle Brand milk and 1/2 bottle of the ice cream topping over it. Put in fridge to cool. When completely cool, cover top of cake with Cool Whip, chopped pecans, remaining ice cream topping, and crushed candy bars...Enjoy.

One of my favorite desserts, originally from Pampered Chef.

So festive, yet deceptively easy to make!

Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle

1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix

1 3/4 cups cold milk

2 (3.3 ounce) packages instant white chocolate pudding mix

4 tsp instant espresso granules

2 TBS warm water

2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed

3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee bars, chopped

Prepare brownies according to package directions. Bake and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch cubes.

In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix until mixture begins to thicken. Dissolve coffee granules in water and stir into pudding mixture. Fold in whipped topping.

In a glass serving bowl, layer one-third of brownie cubes, one-third of pudding mixture and one-third of candy. Repeat layering until all ingredients are used. Chill 30 minutes in refrigerator before serving.

Pam's Notes:

To make this even easier, start with store-bought dense brownies and the Heath baking bits available in most groceries.

To make more personal, make home made whipped cream the night before and place in to a cheesecloth lined colander over a bowl. Allow to drip over night, then use that in place of the whipped topping.

For final decoration, put some whipped cream/topping into a piping bag and decorate the top, then add some chocolate shavings.

Decadent, delicious, and desireable!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l204/GatorPam/Bar%20Mitzvah/mochatrifle.jpg

Cranberry Fluff

Ingredients

4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries

3 cups miniature marshmallows

3/4 cup sugar

2 cups diced unpeeled tart apples

1/2 cup halved green grapes

1/2 cup chopped nuts

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 can crushed pineapple, drained

1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped

Directions

Place cranberries in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; add marshmallows and sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Just before serving, stir in the apples, grapes, nuts and salt. Fold in whipped cream. Yield: 10-12 servings.

Gingerbread People (cookies) without molasses!!

I never liked gingerbread cookies until trying these, now I make them every year for Christmas. (soooo good!!) I love them because they are so soft, slightly chewy and not hard like most other types of gingerbread (which is why I never liked them, lol). My SIL tried these last year and was like, "How do you get your gingerbread soft? Mine are always hard, they suck." lol

I gave her the recipe and now she's hooked. It's not MY recipe, but is Kraft's. However, I do add slightly more spice to mine, I like them with a little more bite. The secret is the pudding mix. ;)

I pull mine out before they get too brown so they're soft. If you're making ornaments, leave them in until they're nice and brown so they're harder.

You can make any shape besides people also, I make Christmas trees, snowmen, candy canes, etc...

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/assets/recipe_images/Gingerbread_People.jpg

YOU NEED:

3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Butterscotch Instant Pudding

1 egg

2 cups flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 Tbsp. ground ginger

1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

BEAT butter, sugar, dry pudding mix and egg in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Mix remaining ingredients. Gradually add to pudding mixture, beating well after each addition. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.

HEAT oven to 350°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into gingerbread shapes with 4-inch cookie cutter. Place, 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets. Use straw to make hole near top of each cutout. (optional - use if making ornaments)

BAKE 10 to 12 min. or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand on baking sheets 3 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate as desired. Insert ribbon through holes to hang cookies on tree.

Butterfinger pretzel rods

(This is the easiest recipe ever.. no baking.. but everyone requests them every year!)

1 package Butterfingers (crushed)

1 package dipping chocolate

1 package pretzel rods

Melt chocolate in glass bowl in microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time until it is smooth. Dip pretzel rod in chocolate and then roll in crushed butterfinger. Place on wax paper to cool. Take left over chocolate and drizzle over top of pretzel rods.

Yummy Chocolate Chip Coookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks, 1/2 pound) butter, softened (I like using Crisco butter sticks)

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs

2 cups (12-ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 cup chopped nuts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

2. Bake in preheated 375-degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (>5,200 feet): INCREASE flour to 2 1/2 cups; add 2 teaspoonfuls water with flour; reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookies for 17 to 19 minutes.