Big Toy Book

Jen8112

I went through 4 different papers at 3 different stores and none of them had the toy book in them. When I went to TRU they had plenty of books but no coupons on them, NONE. I was told by customer service that not all people got them, no one who worked their received them and they think that coupons were only sent out to people who spent a lot money in TRU and cardholders. What BS, really TRU you might have lost a very loyal customer trying to cut corners.

The books in the TRU stores never have coupons on them. Only the ones that come in the mail and in the newspapers. Starting next weekend TRU will probably have a small flyer in the newspapers with extra sales and there will be a coupon with that flyer. At least that is what they have always done.

I bought four papers today and only two had the books in them. Both books had the $10.00 off $75.00 on it. I went to Toys R us wanting to get five things from the book. They had NONE of the items I wanted in stock. NONE!! I was not going to another TRU today as I had other errands to run and wanted to get home to my kids. Tomorrow I will venture out to another store.

I got the toy book in the mail and it says 7.49 for sing a ma jigs , but the one in today's paper says 9.49. I bet Wal-mart will price match to the 7.49.

How weird is that? I did go first thing this morning, and of course, they are $9.49...I didn't get a book in the mail--never have, actually, so I have no idea what people around here who did get the book, received...I'll have to ask my neighbors...

I noticed this too! I was totally looking forward to a nice price adjustment x 9. Now it will be quite a bit less :(

NINE? LOL! I planned to only buy 2, but ended up buying 3...you have to have at least two anyway, so I figured I should have one more...my dd will love them--I showed them to her in Target last week, and she pitched a total fit when I took them and put them back on the shelf (she is only 16 months, LOL)...

NINE? LOL! I planned to only buy 2, but ended up buying 3...you have to have at least two anyway, so I figured I should have one more...my dd will love them--I showed them to her in Target last week, and she pitched a total fit when I took them and put them back on the shelf (she is only 16 months, LOL)...

I agree that at least two is needed and I have 4 kids that don't always share well. Then there is me, I have so much fun playing with them. But I may end up returning some, I wanted all to begin with so I could figure out which tones and songs I like the best.

I got the book in the mail the other day and then I bought a paper today that came with one. After reading the comments on the price discrepancy for the Sing a ma jigs in different ad books, I took a look at both of mine. Sure enough they are different. The one in the mail is $9.49 and the one in the paper says $7.49. Weird. I'm going to go through other things and see what may different. Oh and the book in the mail had a coupon for $10 off $100 or more purchase, plus the one on the back for the $10 gift card. The book from the paper just had the coupon on the back.

Ah, I see...the only thing that I didn't like when I went to pick them out, was it seems that it must only be the newer ones that have the song it plays noted on the tag, as most of them didn't have it, and I had to try to guess (which I really sucked at--I was never especially good at Name That Tune anyway), or just see which sounded better to me...I ended up with two higher pitched and one low pitched one...only one had the name of the song on its tag, and I'll be darned if I can remember what it was...but I wished I had known I was going to run into that ahead of time, so I could've decided much more quickly which ones I wanted...

wow I did not hear anything about this they prob didn't have them out yet I went to our local store today and they were practictally shoving them down my throat! Lol I walked away with 5 plus the babies are us book and 2 sheets of coupons and didn't ask for any! Lol I would go back since technically they didn't realse them until today

I was looking to buy the fisher price little people wheelies rampway that is advertised at 29.99 but when I go online it says 39.99. I went to their adscan of the toy book (tru) and it is blacked out and not on the page! Will they honor this price or am I better off price matching with Walmart?

I got the toy book in the mail and it says 7.49 for sing a ma jigs , but the one in today's paper says 9.49. I bet Wal-mart will price match to the 7.49.

I got my book in the paper & the price is 7.49. I wonder what's up with that ????

EDIT*** you know what, guys? I think maybe there was some type of typo in our books (for the ones that advertise 7.49) because 25% off the original price of 12.99 is 9.49. I'm in no way saying that TRU shouldn't honor, because it is THEIR typo, but just wanted to point that out.

My Mom got a book in her paper yesterday and gave it to me. It had a coupon on the back for $10 off $75. I went to TRU today to get the things I wanted and they were out of the wooden Crayola easel. The girl said that the books were sent out a week ago and they had people coming in asking for the stuff so they started the sale prices a week ago and had already sold out of the easels!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily I was on the phone with a friend who told me to ask for a rain check and the manager agreed to give me one for the sale price and the free item. I was able to find everything else that I wanted, but there was only 1 Little Mommy Play All Day doll and its demo doesn't work. We're going to open it tonight after DD is in bed and change the batteries to make sure that's all it is, and if it's not I'll have to exchange. Another thing I didn't like.....The $10 GC you get with coupon can't be used for 6 hours. :( I paid for my Moms stuff and got the GC and was going to use it to pay for my stuff but I couldn't. Oh well though, I still have to go back for the easels anyway. Oh, and my store had a TON of the books, but they didn't have the coupons on them. The had a long table full of them and then a big box full sitting at the entrance.

Hunnybunny, not sure if anyone answered you but in the past, if you have the receipt you can return anything you purchased for a refund. But they do not price adjust after your purchase. So you would have to buy two doll houses if you wanted the better price and return the first one you bought! That's what we did the year the Zune's came out! Saved a bundle!