Holiday Recipes Thread - Merged

twilightcalm

My favorite site for Holiday recipes is

www.northpole.com then click on cookbooks recipes. The whole site is just nice for everyone, both kids and adults, all sorts of holiday ideas/fun.

This site is fantastic!!!! Thanks for the idea!

I LOOKED THIS SITE UP THIS MORNING..SO CUTE.... MY 3 YEAR OLD LOVED IT AS WELL!!!

• 1 month later...

Every year I make peanut butter balls but I am bored with them :rolleyes:

I bought some choc chips, almond bark (white and chocolate), PB, saltines,

the new Ritz brown sugar and cinnamon crackers, pretzel rods and the usual baking items.

Any ideas? I had a patient make us some kind of dipped ritz cracker that had a filling in between, also saltines candy with chocolate? I just could use some help as this old brain of mine is apparently out of new ideas, lol

tia

We take the ritz and spread peanut butter on them then dip the whole thing in white almond bark and decorate some with melted cherry chips or butterscotch.Our kids love them

Yep. We call them Georgia Crackers. You can decorate them so many different ways. Ive even made chocolate or peanut butter mousse for the filling.

butter tarts

take already made pie crust mix unroll it and cut into circles

put in greased muffin tins

boil raisins and set aside

make a mix on the stove of raisins(ones you boiled) brown sugar butter and vanilla.pour into muffin tine with pie crust in it and beat an egg annd pour a little over each tart

bake

i saw this on food network beau mcmillian made these

i made these and made my own mix of chopped veggies,white gravy like sauce and turkey turned out awesome

i wouild add rum with the raisins

I have made coconut balls like the pb ones or cherry ones.I make a rocky road candy that is super easy.2 cups of dry roasted nuts mini marshmallows choc chips 1 can of eagle brand milk and a little butter.Put 2 cups nuts and 1 bag of mini marshmallows and melt the cchips and butter and eagle brand together.Just enough to get smooth not hot and pour over nuts and marshmallows in large bowl and then pat into a 13x9 pan and chill and cut into squares.Delicious.I also do a popcorn marshmallow whipe cchips and marshmallows and dried cranberries together and cut into squares.If you want clearer directions I will send them. Edited by donella

I have made coconut balls like the pb ones or cherry ones.I make a rocky road candy that is super easy.A jar of dry roasted nuts mini marshmallows choc chips 1 can of eagle brand milk and a little butter.Put 2 cups nuts and 1 bag of mini marshmallows and melt the cchips and butter and eagle brand together.Just enough to get smooth not hot and pour over nuts and marshmallows in large bowl and then pat into a 13x9 pan and chill and cut into squares.Delicious.I also do a popcorn marshmallow whipe cchips and marshmallows and dried cranberries together and cut into squares.If you want clearer directions I will send them.

I would love the Rocky Road recipe. Sounds yummy!

http://www.suite101.com/content/christmas-bark-recipe-with-saltine-crackers-a67169

Here is the recipe

Every year I make peanut butter balls but I am bored with them :rolleyes:

I bought some choc chips, almond bark (white and chocolate), PB, saltines,

the new Ritz brown sugar and cinnamon crackers, pretzel rods and the usual baking items.

Any ideas? I had a patient make us some kind of dipped ritz cracker that had a filling in between, also saltines candy with chocolate? I just could use some help as this old brain of mine is apparently out of new ideas, lol

tia

also saltines candy with chocolate?

The saltines is basically the Matzah Caramel Crunch recipe I use for Passover, substituting saltines for the matzah. Otherwise it is identical.

I have to show up at both sederim I attend each year with a batch of this as a hostess gift. Otherwise there are very long faces around the table when dessert is served.

Matzah Caramel Crunch

Matzah

2 sticks butter

1-1/2 cups brown sugar

2/3 cup pecans

2/3 cup almonds

1/2 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Kosher sea salt flakes, to taste

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Line sheet with single layer of matzahs (cut them in order to fill the whole tray).

In pan over medium heat, melt 2 sticks butter with 1-1/2 cups brown sugar and add pecans and almonds. Bring to a boil and let boil for 3 minutes.

Pour directly over the matzahs and place in oven for 15 minutes. Watch to make sure it does not burn (if it does, turn temp down to 325ºF).

Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over hot caramel. Allow to soften and spread over caramel with a flat rubber spatula. Sprinkle white chocolate chips over chocolate, allow to soften and then swirl to make a marble effect. Sprinkle very lightly with kosher sea salt flakes.

Cool to room temperature, break apart and serve. You can put into the freezer to firm up even more.

Pam’s note: To transport, cover with a separate sheet of parchment paper, and then wrap in foil. The melted chocolate and caramel will not stick as badly to the parchment paper as to foil.

My sister used to do the Ritz crackers with peanut butter in between then dipped in chocolate coating (either white or regular)-- they're yummy! But the easiest way she found to make them was get the Ritz Bits that are already premade into little peanut butter sandwiches: less work/mess, and seem to go further since people tend to pick up fewer at a time!

Something I made last year that was super-easy and everyone loved: Peppermint Bark! I can't remember the exact measurements (I'm sure you can find them if you google it), but you melt white almond bark, mix in crushed peppermint candy (can use the disks or candy canes), then spread it out fairly thin on waxed paper. Once it's hardened, break it into whatever size of pieces you want/need, and it's all done! :)

Here are a couple other ideas, using some of the ingredients you have (but may need a few other ingredients):

Nutter Butter Santas

2 packages white baking chocolate, chopped

1 package Nutter Butter sandwich cookies (32 cookies)

Red colored sugar

32 white chocolate chips

64 miniature chocolate chips

32 Red Hot candies

1. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt white chocolate, stirring occasionally.

2. Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate. Place on wire racks. For Santa's hat, sprinkle red sugar on top part of chocolate. Place one white chocolate chip off-center on hat for pom-pom; let stand until set.

3. Dip other end of each cookie into melted chocolate for beard, leaving center of cookie uncovered. Place on wire racks.

4. With a dab of melted chocolate, attach semisweet chips for eyes and a red hot for nose.

5. Place on waxed paper until chocolate sets.

-------------------------------

Chocolate-Peppermint Cheeseball

1 pkg (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 cup peppermint candies (approx. 36 candies)

2 cups pecans

8 ounces cream cheese, softened

Process chocolate chips, peppermint candies, and pecans in a blender or food processor until finely ground. Place mixture in an airtight plastic bag or container until ready to use. There will be enough mixture to make several cheese balls.

When ready to make a cheese ball, place cream cheese in a bowl. Remove 1/2 cup of ground candy/nut mixture from its bag and mix into cream cheese. Shape into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 or 3 hours or until firm. Serve with chocolate flavored vanilla wafers, chocolate graham crackers, etc.

The days right before Christmas tend to be very busy, so i wanted to try and come up with something easy and good to make for supper one night this week. Anyone have any ideas?

I saw this on youtube,( cheeseburger tator tot casserole

) and thought I might try it. Anyone ever cook something like this? was it any good? it looks like it'd be alright( maybe a little TOO cheesy tho)

any thoughts?

Peppermint bark is so good and so easy to make! The hardest part is unwrapping all of the peppermint! :D

Some recipes call for peppermint oil, but I don't think you need it. I've never used it and it has always been pepperminty enough. Besides, why buy an extra ingredient if you don't need too?! :yup:

After I melt the chocolate I spread it out on a parchment lined pan and then sprinkle the peppermint on top. Yum!

Scotcheroos:

Mix 1 C corn syrup and 1 C sugar in a large pot, heat on the stovetop until it just begins a full boil.

Remove from heat, mix in 1 C creamy peanut butter

Mix in 6 C Rice Krispies

Press mixture into buttered 9 x 12 casserole

In a small bowl melt 1 C chocolate chips & 1 C butterscotch chips

Spread melted chips over top of rice krispie mixture

Let cool, cut and serve

DELICIOUS!

Okay, we have had a change of plans for one of our get togethers. So now I need to come up with a few "finger food" type things to bring. There is already going to be a cheeseball, and cocktail weiners w/ BBQ sauce also hotwings and finger sandwhiches.

What other type things can I make? Also please include recipes Please.. and THNAK YOU!!!