Official Black Friday LAPTOP COMPUTER Discussion Thread

Brad

Len thanks for trying to help me...yes, want to buy online. No don't have to buy by Friday. Just didn't want to miss out if there was something on BF. Have to shop at Wal-Mart or HP so that I can use my Bill Me Later account and get no interest for 6 months.

So, HP.com or Walmart. I didn't see anything exciting, but I'll keep my eyes open and post more information here.

When you think about laptops, think compromise. The bigger the disk, the more memory, the brighter the screen, and the faster the CPU, the shorter the battery life. For multicore to be beneficial, you have to run multicore applications and a multicore OS (pretty common these days). What is your target for battery life?

When I tried to add it to my cart it said it was discontinued.

Likewise, I was checking that laptop all day yesterday and into the evening to see if it would become active at midnight or early this morning but no dice. I'm guessing since it wasn't on the list of online deals it is an in-store only sale.

Likewise, I was checking that laptop all day yesterday and into the evening to see if it would become active at midnight or early this morning but no dice. I'm guessing since it wasn't on the list of online deals it is an in-store only sale.

This is kind of a crazy story. My fiance and I waited at office depot since midnight for the hp dm4 i5 laptop. We were second and third in line, we both wanted one. When they came out and handed out the vouchers they only had 2 dm4's. Well the one person that was in front of us wanted the same laptop!!!! So we settled for one dm4 and one i3 toshiba. We got back home around 7am and I jumped on the laptop immediately cause I heard office depot was going to their black Friday ads at 7am online. After multiple failed attempts at trying to add the laptop to my cart until 7:15 this morning I was going to call it quits. On my final attempt it DID allow me to add it to my cart!!! I thought it was a dream!! Not sure if I'm getting a rebate as the price

Online was $599, not $549 with a $50 rebate. Nonetheless my staying awake paid off and we got the laptops we both wanted!!!

This is kind of a crazy story. My fiance and I waited at office depot since midnight for the hp dm4 i5 laptop. We were second and third in line, we both wanted one. When they came out and handed out the vouchers they only had 2 dm4's. Well the one person that was in front of us wanted the same laptop!!!! So we settled for one dm4 and one i3 toshiba. We got back home around 7am and I jumped on the laptop immediately cause I heard office depot was going to their black Friday ads at 7am online. After multiple failed attempts at trying to add the laptop to my cart until 7:15 this morning I was going to call it quits. On my final attempt it DID allow me to add it to my cart!!! I thought it was a dream!! Not sure if I'm getting a rebate as the price

Online was $599, not $549 with a $50 rebate. Nonetheless my staying awake paid off and we got the laptops we both wanted!!!

If the one you ordered was an HP and the number ends in US, go back the the webpage. There's a really small text link that says something like " mail in offer" Click it and it brings up the rebate form. It's for any HP laptop that ends in US.

If the one you ordered was an HP and the number ends in US, go back the the webpage. There's a really small text link that says something like " mail in offer" Click it and it brings up the rebate form. It's for any HP laptop that ends in US.

thank you very much!!

I was hoping for a good deal on an HP Envy 14.... Doesn't look like it is going to happen.

No really high end stuff available...

that's a $1k computer. very nice, but kind of expensive. what is your budget?

I don't really have a budget. I can pay retail for it...

I just refuse to.... I live my life by the GottaDeal.com tagline... "Why Pay Retail?"

Especially since there was a deal for them for around $850 with the extra slice battery a few weeks ago. I'm still kicking myself for missing that one.