We Gonna Break the Record for Most Users Online This Black Friday?

stationchief

Accordin' to the stats on the front page of the forums, the most users ever online was 3,677 on 11-21-2007 (just before BF 2007) at 2:28 PM. To me that number seems a bit low, but that's what the stats say. Place your bets as to the top number of users we're gonna have online for BF this year. Think we're gonna shoot for the record?

I'm sure I was online and helped set that 2007 stat ...after discovering gottadeal in 07, I don't think i ever got off lol I don't know if the record will be broken this year...the only way I think it could happen is if some of the really good ads are late and everyone has to wait to see them till the last minute and then everyone who hasn't been on for the past few months has BF on the brain and logs on too...I think it's possible :)

We don't send people to the forum as much as we used to back in 06 and 07 as we'd rather keep them on the actual Black Friday site for several reasons, so it's doubtful that record will be broke anytime soon. The number of people on the actual Black Friday site at any given time during the week of Black Friday is probabaly 5-10x that number.

We don't send people to the forum as much as we used to back in 06 and 07 as we'd rather keep them on the actual Black Friday site for several reasons, so it's doubtful that record will be broke anytime soon. The number of people on the actual Black Friday site at any given time during the week of Black Friday is probabaly 5-10x that number.

Well then, since you're the one who knows the stats, what IS the record for most people on the GD Black Friday site? And does anyone think that record will be broken this year?

Well then, since you're the one who knows the stats, what IS the record for most people on the GD Black Friday site? And does anyone think that record will be broken this year?

There isn't really a good way to tell the record at one given point in time, but for example during the week of Black Friday last year, at any given minute we had on average nearly 4,000 people on the Black Friday site. This is over 24 hours of course, so during peak times you're probably looking at 10,000+ actively using the site. I got the 4,000 number by taking the number of visits * the average time spent on the site / the number of minutes in a day.

The forum record is kind of unofficial because you are considered "active" for 15 minutes after your last activity, so we don't know how many of those 3,677 that set the record were actually active at that time.

You have done a great job Brad getting this site out there Brad. Twitter and FB will draw more in. Peeps should really hang around throughout the year as close or even better then BF deals are to be had year round lately and you all do a great job of getting them out to us. I am looking forward to status updates on the FB page this year while we are all standing in line and rummaging through the stores. Awesome job, you have come a long way in the past year.