Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Amazon Toy Discussion Thread

160 replies to this topic

#1 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2010 - 1:43 pm

Amazon Toy Discussion Thread

This thread is for the DISCUSSION of the toy deals in the main Amazon Toy Sale thread.
A) The Toy Deals for Amazon are posted: HERE
B) Ideas for discussion that DO belong in this thread: opinions of toys, other places to buy toys, Amazon.com customer service issues, etc
- Opinions of toys posted in the Deal thread are GREATLY appreciated! So feel free to post those in this thread!

Thank you for your cooperation, and happy shopping!

#2 spwalkhen  OFFLINE  

spwalkhen

I'm Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 7, 2010 - 7:26 pm

I'll be the first to say...OMIGOSH Is it time to start already?!
You never know unless you try.

#3 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2010 - 3:58 am

I'll be the first to say...OMIGOSH Is it time to start already?!

Lol! I don't think it's quite the "HOT Toy" sale yet, however there are some decent/good deals to be had.

#4 conj  OFFLINE  

conj

WHats My function, you ask?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2010 - 4:09 am

Anyone have the erector robots? any feedback?
Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!

Knowledge does not dissolve integrity - Conj

#5 Flutterbye  OFFLINE  

Flutterbye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2010 - 6:22 am

Does anyone know if in the past Amazon has had good deals on Thomas the Train stuff?

#6 persse3  OFFLINE  

persse3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 8, 2010 - 7:19 am

I was SOOO excited when I seen this thread!!! Thank you Patty!

#7 amyers12345  OFFLINE  

amyers12345

Unofficial Resident Tax Pro

• 3,519 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2010 - 7:27 am

I hope that there's a HUGE one this year since we skipped last year!
The biggest impact you can make on the environment is to leave as little impact as possible. -Toyota :D

#8 ourhappyfamily4  OFFLINE  

ourhappyfamily4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 8, 2010 - 9:05 am

I hope that there's a HUGE one this year since we skipped last year!

Me TOOOO!!! Last year just wasn't the same, not having the UPS guy stopping at the house every other day.lol
But wow, is it already that time of year again? it sure is sneaking up on us fast!

#9 nat77  OFFLINE  

nat77

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 8, 2010 - 3:09 pm

so excited to see this need to use it this year as i am pregnant and can not do much

#10 amyaj  OFFLINE  

amyaj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 8, 2010 - 4:48 pm

Does anyone know if in the past Amazon has had good deals on Thomas the Train stuff?

Last year we got the Thomas Trackmaster Action Cayon set for $35.

#11 j2wice  OFFLINE  

j2wice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 9, 2010 - 12:59 pm

Just placed my first ordered! 11 neices and nephews out of the way for 77.40 ages range from 3 months to 9 years and my package has already shipped and will deliver Saturday!

#12 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 9, 2010 - 1:12 pm

Just placed my first ordered! 11 neices and nephews out of the way for 77.40 ages range from 3 months to 9 years and my package has already shipped and will deliver Saturday!

That feels GREAT doesn't it? :yup:

#13 DylansMom  OFFLINE  

DylansMom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 9, 2010 - 5:26 pm

I have a quick question... I remember being able to click on the link for the amazon toy clearance on the online deal page and it would take me right to the new posts that I had not read already... I don't remember which part to click on to do that, Now when I click the link, I have to scroll through the whole thread.... Where do you click so that you only see the new posts from the last time you read the thread? I hope that makes sense.... :)

#14 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 14, 2010 - 6:21 pm

Is it starting already!?!?! My mailman was starting to forget what I looked like...

#15 ms_mckenna  OFFLINE  

ms_mckenna

~*Callie*~

• 2,840 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 14, 2010 - 6:44 pm

:D I noticed some M&D sets going cheaper. hoping they go down some more since I have 4 littles to buy for this year lol.
:2cloud9: Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable. :2couple:

#16 ourhappyfamily4  OFFLINE  

ourhappyfamily4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 17, 2010 - 2:31 pm

Just placed my first order with Amazon also. WOOT WOOT! They have alot of nintendo DS games for well under 10 bucks already! I get SO excited once I place my first order, I want to oder again.. and again.. and AGAIN. lol Thinking I will be staying up late on the computer looking through Amazon for "deals" hehe

#17 rjncmj  OFFLINE  

rjncmj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 17, 2010 - 5:41 pm

Just placed my first order with Amazon also. WOOT WOOT!
They have alot of nintendo DS games for well under 10 bucks already! I get SO excited once I place my first order, I want to oder again.. and again.. and AGAIN. lol Thinking I will be staying up late on the computer looking through Amazon for "deals" hehe

Oh Yay! Be sure sure to post more deals you find them plz. You stay up late deal finding and I'll stay up late shopping! LOL :giggle:

Joanne - Registered Nurse & mom of 4.

:juggle: :gdsleep:  :gdlaugh: :gdgirlfight3ol:

#18 hoosierxheart  OFFLINE  

hoosierxheart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 21, 2010 - 3:16 pm

Question.....How do you guys do find these great deals?!? Are you just searching or are you looking for something specific and happen upon them? I guess what I'm asking for is directions in searching for such great deals. Thanks!

#19 persse3  OFFLINE  

persse3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 21, 2010 - 4:16 pm

Question.....How do you guys do find these great deals?!? Are you just searching or are you looking for something specific and happen upon them? I guess what I'm asking for is directions in searching for such great deals. Thanks!

I have wondered to, lmao!!! Every time I think I find a good on, Amazon or not, I come here and its here already, but it will just be something I had to order anyways when I find a deal.

#20 ourhappyfamily4  OFFLINE  

ourhappyfamily4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 24, 2010 - 6:33 pm

Amazon has a good bit of DS games, and also some Wii games for under 10 bucks , but i keep wondering if closer to Christmas time if they will get even lower on those games, or if they will have lots of great games for under 10 bucks later on too... hmmm. what to do.... Also, when I go to look on Amazon it's just luck when you happen upon a great deal, just looking and looking, and then there something is that you just can't pass up.

#21 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 13, 2010 - 7:48 am

Oh no! Merrywether - awesome find on the Frosty the Snowman dvd! This will be a perfect gift to open the night before Christmas and watch! Gotta love that price!

#22 zillygal  OFFLINE  

zillygal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 20, 2010 - 6:49 pm

I have to say when I see the Toy thread my heart does a pitter patter... and somewhere I can hear my husband sighing.

Funniest time was after seeing this thread for the first time a few years ago. The UPS truck pulls up to the house. Hubby goes "what did you order this...... they are pulling out a dolly?"

I was dying. It really wasn't that bad - Amazon just sent everything in its own box!

Love this thread - hope Amazon keeps the good deals coming!:)

#23 ourhappyfamily4  OFFLINE  

ourhappyfamily4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 21, 2010 - 9:11 am

Oh no! Merrywether - awesome find on the Frosty the Snowman dvd! This will be a perfect gift to open the night before Christmas and watch! Gotta love that price!

yes that was a great price, i couldn't pass it up either, had to order one!

#24 ourhappyfamily4  OFFLINE  

ourhappyfamily4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 21, 2010 - 9:12 am

I ordered one of those Hannah montana hard back books that was on sale for $2.xx ( marked down from 20!) after I got it I had to go back and order another one it is GREAT! If anyone has a little hannah fan, this is super cute!

#25 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 59,709 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 22, 2010 - 11:29 am

I ordered one of those Hannah montana hard back books that was on sale for $2.xx ( marked down from 20!) after I got it I had to go back and order another one it is GREAT! If anyone has a little hannah fan, this is super cute!

After seeing everyone saying how nice they are I ordered one for our local Toy Drive... Some little girl should like seeing that under her tree. :)

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#26 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,109 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 22, 2010 - 11:51 am

After seeing everyone saying how nice they are I ordered one for our local Toy Drive... Some little girl should like seeing that under her tree. :)

That's a great idea. I ordered one for my cousin but turns out she's over Hannah and into Taylor Swift now

#27 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• 6,902 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 22, 2010 - 12:02 pm

My DD is kinda "over" Hannah too but I know she'll still enjoy this book..its THAT cool

:gdhug2:

I can always be used as a "bad example" :P
If you are easily offended please turn that way and cover your ears

#28 angleyez423  OFFLINE  

angleyez423

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 27, 2010 - 5:33 pm

Got our Hannah book today and for $2 it's awesome, even DH was impressed. DD is going to love it. Gonna try to get another for Toys 4 Tots.

#29 Scruzin  OFFLINE  

Scruzin

Big DEAL!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 30, 2010 - 6:23 am

I have a few things in my cart. I am not sure whether to order or wait. I have few DS games and that Hannah Montana book, but it is not enought for super saver yet. I am ready for this thing to really cut loose! I am ready for the BIG SALE!

#30 Mandy4Matt  OFFLINE  

Mandy4Matt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 30, 2010 - 6:48 am

Yup, I have my cart loaded up too..ready to order when I see those prices falling!

Stay at home Mommy to Matthew, Dallas, Nicholas, and Carter

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users