New iPods today...Older versions on sale on Black Friday?

Jen8112

Did they say exactly when they will be available? I have 10% off at Target, but it expires on Monday. I was hoping to use it on the new 64gb touch.

In about a week, but I'm guessing they won't hit Target until days/weeks after they first appear in Apple Stores, so I'd be very surprised if they were at Target on Monday.

With it being almost 3 months until BF, I doubt stores will have enough inventory of the old model to make them a BF ad item.

Any major differences between old and new? This is new territory

Defiantly the new Nano, it now has a touchscreen and looks like a mini iTouch. The new Shuffle looks more like the Shuffle before last with bringing the buttons back and the new iTouch has a few new things including rear and front facing cameras! Check them out here: http://www.apple.com/

That looks like the last generation but Apple lowered it to that price months ago. Kmart is making it look like it's on sale. ;)

Wow, I need to charge my Touch every single day. Though that could be because I leave the White Noise app on every night to put me to sleep.

Haha, yup that's probably it. Be thankful you don't have a Nano! ;) I pretty much just used mine in the car.

I had planned on getting a touch for my 10 yr old, but the new one is really cool. Do you think that the new one will have some sort of parental control on the browser? Maybe that is too much to ask. lol

I THINK there is one, my husband locked down his sister's touch somehow.

I have my first gen Nano and I still haven't bought a new one. :D I wonder how long I can keep this up

I had planned on getting a touch for my 10 yr old, but the new one is really cool. Do you think that the new one will have some sort of parental control on the browser? Maybe that is too much to ask. lol

Here is a good site to tell you how to lock it down.

http://www.komando.com/kids/tip.aspx?id=5697

I also Googled the topic here

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=ipod+touch+parental+controls&aq=4&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=ipod+touch+p&gs_rfai=ClO-xUg2ETLKsC4-GNKSh2bAGAAAAqgQFT9D76AE&pbx=1&fp=5673716d440c1f33

Apple seems pretty hardcore about NOT discounting items, even those that are now not the current model. I'm not really sure what they do with all that old stock, but I remember when the new iPhone came out, my current phone (3GS, 32GB), IMMEDIATELY became unavailable anywhere, even though it's still a perfectly good phone. I think Apple wants people to upgrade to the newest versions ASAP so they don't have to keep supporting the older version.

That said, I agree with the people up there, the most they could do for apple stuff is to offer a gift card, or possibly deals like a free case or something.

iPods DO go on sale. Last Black Friday, I bought the 32 GB latest version Touch for $269 on Amazon. Regular price was $299. No gift card - just a discount.

I don't believe that was a "real" discount. That was the regular price as I bought one for DD months before Black Friday and got it for that price.

Hopefully the Nano is too because I have to charge mine like every other day. My Touch lasted weeks! ;)

Mine lasts 4 hours with just the Kindle app running. Maybe turning off the wifi would help. I just bought this one in March- and it's been like that since I got it.

iPods DO go on sale. Last Black Friday, I bought the 32 GB latest version Touch for $269 on Amazon. Regular price was $299. No gift card - just a discount.

I don't believe that was a "real" discount. That was the regular price as I bought one for DD months before Black Friday and got it for that price.

Yes, Sugga- Amazon inflates the prices a bit causing it to look like a discount. MSRP was $269 on it. BUT- Amazon somehow has the ability to fluctuate 2% on their prices, so they can usually offer it a buck or two cheaper than somewhere else.