What do you take out with you on Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

I just bought a new backpack on clearance at Target and I bought it with the plan on using it on Black Friday. It is small and comfortable .. and my plan is to have the ads and things to keep me busy in line in it. Maybe some snacks etc..

I was thinking back to years before and was trying to remember what I had taken with me on BF.

So what do you take with you?

I always take a friend..lol.

I also always take cash and cards. I keep that in my pocket. I always worry about someone stealing my purse, so I don't want anything that I have to watch.

We always put our ads in the car. I always fold the ad for the store that I am currently shopping in and put it in my pocket.

I have a very small purse I can put around my neck with my money, gift cards, and list. That's all I take in unless I need to price match at Walmart. I have the ads with me in the car. If I have a long time to wait in line I'll bring them with me along with a chair. My shopping buddy or me will hold the place in line for putting everything back in the car. I do bring ham rolls and water but they just stay in the car and we enjoy them between stores.

I hate carrying around those ads! I feel clumsy awkward with those darn things! I have devised a plan that works well for me. I buy spiral bound index cards. I buy them for each store. When I get my ads, I cut out what I am after and paste it to my cards. Then I add any info to the back like location of the item. This way I just flip thru cards and not fumble around with ads!

I hate carrying around those ads! I feel clumsy awkward with those darn things! I have devised a plan that works well for me. I buy spiral bound index cards. I buy them for each store. When I get my ads, I cut out what I am after and paste it to my cards. Then I add any info to the back like location of the item. This way I just flip thru cards and not fumble around with ads!

Great Idea!!

I got this idea from you and did this last year but ended up not being able to go out on BF so they got wasted but I plan on making them again this year and it is sooo much easier than carry the ads!

I bring the ads only if I'm price matching something, other than that, I just write down what I'm getting and what store it's at. I bring my debit and credit card, ID and coffee. Oh yeah, and my cell phone.

This year, hopefully I can also bring a GD Black Friday t-shirt. ;)

I take a 3-ring binder with the ads hole punched and in there.

I do lots of price matching and have to show the check out clerks the flyers. That wouldn't work if I had them cut out on index cards. Do you guys not price match?

There's a pocket in the front where I keep my list divided by stores with the list of items and price. I also put the items I plan to price match under the store I plan to buy from with the original store noted so I know what flyer to grab. This list is written in order of stores I plan to hit.

While in the line to check out I refer to my list and grab the flyers needed for price matching to make it smooth at check out.

If I'm not price matching, I just grab my list and shop from that.

I get a big yummy latte for my treat.

Trish

I can't really price match. We only have a Wal-Mart in our town. Well we have a Fred's and Dollar General but nothing usually worth price matching. The next closest store is Target, but it is around 45 miles away, so not sure if they would honor it anyway. We always go to our local Wal-Mart and get what we can first (it is notnearly as crowded as bigger stores) and then we head an hour and half away to shop at Target, TRU, Kmart, Old Navy, and anywhere else we need to go. So needless to say we are gone all day long w/no rest. But it is so much fun!!!

I usually have

a list of each store with everything I need to buy there and the price written down

the ads to skim through while Im on long lines

my wallet, credit cards, debit card, gift cards, cash, and coupons

water

a venti extra shot caramel machitto from starbucks ( that gets refilled as soon as I finish it since thank goodness there is a starbucks in my outlets, mall, and target =)

my bff for the company

I am a list person so I would understand your method .... But , usually I would just forgot even the store ad ( get up and just jump into my car and go ). Then end up ask for the ad at the store. Shessh. Maybe I should do the binder thing,too. Great idea.

Do you price match at Walmart with the cut-out ads? It seems to me that they need the whole ad to be sure which store it's from and if it's a BF-hours ad item.

Since I'll be in the car, I usually take just a small jacket (can't stand a big winter coat when I'm gonna b shopping all day). I carry my debit card, cash & ads. Since Walmart is my first stop & the only store that does PM (in my case) I take all the ads in that store. Every store after that, I just take the store-specific ad. As far as food, I just take water & a light snack until we go sit and have breakfast......oh, "we" are myself, my friend & her sister and bf (who usually end up leaving us after Walmart).

I might try those this year as a test for future BFs, but I'm also curious about how the store (Walmart, in my case) would go about PM.

I can't really price match. We only have a Wal-Mart in our town. Well we have a Fred's and Dollar General but nothing usually worth price matching. The next closest store is Target, but it is around 45 miles away, so not sure if they would honor it anyway. We always go to our local Wal-Mart and get what we can first (it is notnearly as crowded as bigger stores) and then we head an hour and half away to shop at Target, TRU, Kmart, Old Navy, and anywhere else we need to go. So needless to say we are gone all day long w/no rest. But it is so much fun!!!

We only have a WalMart and a few other stores, nothing big. But, I talked with our manager at our WM and was told that my store will PM any store ad in a 100 mile radius. That made the difference for me because we have a town about 75 miles away that has just about every kind of store there is, lol.

I wear layers so I'll have a hoodie on with a t-shirt under since it gets HOT in some stores. Debit card, a little cash, and my cell or walkie talkie in my pocket. The car will have some bottled water and some snacks, though we usually grub after disney at midnight at about 1 before we go to Walmart at the Waffle House. Coffee and chewing gum are a must!

A messenger bag with my BF binder. I make a spreadsheet for each store listing each item, the price, page on the ad, and any additional info (sizing, color, etc.) All the ads are in the back pocket of the binder. I also take my cell, gum, a water bottle and a bottle of Excedrin Migraine. :) This year I will be carrying more cash. Last year Walmart was a nightmare! Their credit card system went down and they couldn't do checks either. I'm hoping not to repeat that this year!

Their credit card system went down and they couldn't do checks either. I'm hoping not to repeat that this year!

That is one of my worst fears. I never carry cash, especially not on BF.

****Friendly reminder: Call up your CC companies and advise you will be shopping on BF to avoid fraud alerts. It happened to me a few years ago.

The fraud alert happened to me the other day and all I had done is tried to buy a 5.00 somethin on ebay..lol.

So I am definitely going to go up there and tell them that I am planning on spending money that day so that a fraud alert won't happen..lol. I also carry some cash and a checkbook.