Forums Upgraded! Details of New Features

Brad

Hi Gator Pam,

:2welcome: to the GottaDeal forums :gd_orange

When I go into a thread, how do I get to unread posts only without going to the last post and working backwards?

I'm not sure if that's possible while viewing a thread. However if you click the new posts link at the top blue bar it will show you all unread posts for the entire forum.

How do I add avatars to my username?

At the top blue bar click User CP then Edit Avatar or simply click this link.

After you have made 100 posts you can use a custom avatar.

I'm not sure if that's possible while viewing a thread. However if you click the new posts link at the top blue bar it will show you all unread posts for the entire forum.

Thanks! I tried that, but did not like how it brought up new posts for all of the forums at once instead of in the forum I was in at the time.

However, when I returned this time, a down scroll button appeared on the left of threads I have already read which says it will take me to the oldest unread post or some such. It wasn't there before, but woorked great this time.

At the top blue bar click User CP then Edit Avatar or simply click this link.

After you have made 100 posts you can use a custom avatar.

:nodding:

I found that after I posted, thank you again.

• 3 weeks later...

Late to the party (as per usual), but wanted to reiterate much of the previous sentiment: truly excellent work, both Brad and Ross. The integration between the main site and the forum is now nearly seamless.

One thing I noticed offhand was the minute difference between the quick links bar on the main site, and that of the forum. The main site has the lovely drop-down menus, while the forum does not (this seamed persistent across Opera, Firefox, and IE) . Any chance of extending that functionality to the forum as well, or is that too much to ask of vBulletin?

One thing I noticed offhand was the minute difference between the quick links bar on the main site, and that of the forum. The main site has the lovely drop-down menus, while the forum does not (this seamed persistent across Opera, Firefox, and IE) . Any chance of extending that functionality to the forum as well, or is that too much to ask of vBulletin?

That decision was made based on performance issues, I believe. :)