Countdown: 100 Days Until Black Friday 2010 - Update: A week left!

Brad

So happy this is finally open...Have been counting down for weeks now!! My friends on facebook are giving me so much grief over it ...but this is by far my favorite time of the year and day also!!I am so excited i can hardly stand it. This was my post from today.....‎97 days till Black Friday 97 days to go :smirk: ........Now bring on the first ad and I will be one happy girl! Thanks Brad for all you do ! :D

Last two years I have had most of my Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving. Research-shop-buy-pricematch-return-save. It's the most wonderful time of the year and I have been waiting for the forums to re-open. Thank you!

Last year, I decided to sleep in, but woke up and changed my mind. Grabbed some stuff and Staples and cut through Home Depot on the way to Walmart (it was raining) where I discovered an unadvertised deal on a generator and transfer switch. Ended up hitting all the locals and spending more than expected.

I have no idea what to get the kids this year, so I will be looking for good ideas from the community. Son, 17, goes to college in 13 months and son, 13, is a boy scout.

S17 has been cleaning and repairing a spare bedroom over the summer and I was thinking I could help him 'dorm' it up.

S13 would be thrilled with some high end gear now that he is spending more time in the woods.

I think tablets/pads will be THE BF2010 toy. Other than that, wii/ps3 accessories/games and clothes.

I'm also looking for universal remotes for four rooms. We added insignia netflix enabled BD players to the LCDs we bought last year and remote clutter is becoming an issue. Recommendations are welcome.

OY! I just realized I'm going to be away from a pc between 10/12-10/18. Hope I don't miss the 1st ad coming out:( Someone will save in case it gets pulled right? Last years came out a little later than that.

I will save them all. If anyone needs one PM me and I will send it to you.

I feel all twitchy with excitement! I now have 2 little ones to shop for so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for awesome deals this year. I have a 3 year old boy who loves Toy Story and Thomas! DD is currently 9 months and would probably be satisfied with the boxes that DS stuff comes in but that wouldn't make me a very good mommy now would it?

I wish stores around here were as organized as everyone seems to mention there's are :( Kmart just huddled everyone in a foyer no order whatsoever, BB continually shifts line one from side of store to the other and people take advantage and switch order. BB didn't even hand out tickets from front/back of line a few years back associates just started randomly whispering who wants a ticket for this, that, or the other. I'm really worried about what the economy will cause on BF this year.

If anyone remembers the times sales were available online can you post? For Thanksgiving stuff and BF stuff as well as time zone. I just remember spending most of the night up.

Edited by tinkrbel
add

Wait, what was that? Oh, wal mart's legal team typing up those nasty letters to not post their add... and Big Lots thinking people care enough about theirs and following suit!

Brad should be expectin' a few of those in the mail pretty soon. :gdparanoid: But I think they'll jsut recycle the same photo copied form letter they've been usin' for the last several years. Same deal. Same threats. Yada yada.