Anyone started Christmas shopping or is everyone waiting for Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

I've done some shopping on things as they went on sale. Problem is now we are getting ready to move and everything is packed in different boxes. Of course I didn't write anything down and now don't know what I all bought. Hopefully we will be in and all settled by end of October so I have time to make my lists before Black Friday.

I've just recently gotten started. I actually just bought a set of 4 Thomas Trains from Woot about 5 minutes ago for my 3 year old. DD will only be a little over a year by Christmas. I haven't started on her yet because I've been more focused on her birthday in November. DSD wants an Ipod Touch so I'll be looking for a good deal there if I can find one.

I just bought two gifts yesterday!! I was ordering stuff for my oldest daughter's birthday from American Girl, and found some cute stuff in their sale section to be put away for Christmas for both daughters. Every year I say I need to start shopping early, and yet every year I'm out running around two days before Christmas and I HATE it! This year is going to be different though. We now have 7 kids, and I'm just not going to put myself through that madness.

I usually start around January, but this year was a little bit different, cause we were chucking everything extra at a vacation. Which we took and had a blast.

I started, but have mostly stocking stuffers. That's about it. We still have almost two months til BF, so I think I will be fine by then.

With the way my family is, I have to shop year round. If I see something I know someone will want (i. e., things they collect, for example), and I have the cash, I get it. I do a lot of thrift store shopping. You never know what you're going to find there!

I am buying now, but only things that I know either won't go on sale BF or from places that I know I can't buy from. I bought my daughter 2 accessories for the Loving Family dollhouse on clearance at Walmart. They were 11.00 each regular 17.00. I know that they might be cheaper bw now and then, but I have kept my receipt. I also bought her the My Little pony ferris wheel for 17.00 (at one time they were around 25) so I could not resist. I probably would have waited, but they only had 3. Besides her bday is next month so I decided to give that to her for her bday bc she has been beggin for it. I am going to put up a few toys that I have gotten her for her bday and put it in her Christmas stash though to keep my budget balanced.. :)

I have also been looking for camoflauge clothing for my boys (can't seem to find their size) and I am also going to buy them fishing stuff and put it up for christmas. I do not live anywhere near a store that puts a big deal on these BF. I do have an Academy nearby but it is in the opposite direction of the way I will be traveling BF.

I'm almost done shopping and I'm waiting for BF. Like starbeck, I buy the stuff I don't think will go on sale or things I think will be harder to come by the closer it gets to Christmas. I have learned that shopping this early I need buy at brick and mortars and save the receipt. So if the items go on sale I can price adjust or return and re-buy. By the end of Oct. I usually feel I have to have all the must haves on the wish-lists and then BF comes and I discover deals on all new items. Then always seem to decide to add more gifts under the tree. Now that I know (admit) this about myself, this year will be pretty much the same by shopping ahead of time and BF will be for the fun of it and for whatever great deals I want. But I will budget/limit my BF shopping to $100-$200 depending on what I can save/budget for it. Except if I can find some cheap laptops, then the budget is out the window.

I've been getting in the deal mood lately too! :) I've bought my first gifts in the past couple of days. DH's work has been sporadic all year, so now that's he's been working a bit more the past month, I figured I should probably pick up a few things for the kids in case his work gets worse again. I'll definitely be watching this site for great deals though!

I have ordered a few of the toys for my grandchildren (6 of those little angels!!!) I've been reading the boards lately about the predicted "hot toys" and I've been buying a few of them. I don't want to be running around on BF looking for the hard to find toys! I am on a mission for a Kindle DX and an iPad for myself! Someone told me there will be a new iPad coming out that takes pictures. Does the current one not take pics?

I have ordered a few of the toys for my grandchildren (6 of those little angels!!!) I've been reading the boards lately about the predicted "hot toys" and I've been buying a few of them. I don't want to be running around on BF looking for the hard to find toys! I am on a mission for a Kindle DX and an iPad for myself! Someone told me there will be a new iPad coming out that takes pictures. Does the current one not take pics?

Just checked. Apparently it does not have a camera and Apple may be releasing a new 7" iPad with front and rear camera like the iPhone 4 before Christmas. Personally I don't want an iPad. I have a laptop, a Nook, an iPod and a Blackberry...I don't need it. ;)

I have been shopping since last Dec..lol! I only buy things that are on a great sale or clearance though. I do most of my shopping from the toys r us big book ( since I find that on the hot toys they have the best deals in that book) and the rest all on bf. Then in December I pick up odds n ends and stalk Amazon for their last minute amazing toy deals! Only difference this year is my oldest dd8 wants a bunch of high end electronics so might have to change my game plan for her a bit!!!

I just ordered a DS game for my daughter on Amazon. Also got her the Bobby Jack twin bedding set. Delivered the other day. So I have about 6 items bought for my daughter already and 4 for my son. He is soon to be 16 and wants all the expensive electronics and 360 items... so I wait more towards Black Friday for him

I ordered my daughter a Sing-a-ma-jig last night. I was afraid they'd be hard to find closer to Christmas.

I broke down and got some too. I said I wouldn't get them because I think they will get annoying pretty quickly. But my daughter and I had a lot of fun playing with them at the store and ever since then she has been asking for some. I got them now for the same reason, I'm not confident I will be able to get my hands on them closer to Christmas.

I normally start shopping the day after Christmas but dont really go over board. I just buy a few things that are worth buying and then I wait for BF time. I dont particularly like going to the stores on that day and anticipate buying everything online this year. Amazon did a great job last year matching prices, especially Walmart's. I will be stalking Amazon... Actually, I have already started. Yesterday I purchased two things from them and have a bunch of stuff in my cart wating for decreases. :)

I just bought the number one item on my boys' Christmas list. They said the main thing they want is fishing stuff. We went out and bought them new reels, hooks, artificial lizards and worms, lures, and anything in between. They are going to be so excited. Oh yeah and we got a big tackle box. I can't wait!!!

My husband said it is going to be so hard not to give it to them early bc they love fishing so much. They go at least twice a week or more. They are going to love it. I have also bought a few things for my dd that were on clearance.