What are you hoping to see on sale this Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

We just bought a house last month, so this year we will be going light on the gifts. So, just household stuff we might need and possibly a new tv. It isn't necessary, but our tv is a little small for the space. Of course, I will have to get myself a Sony Touch Reader no matter what and DD will be getting the majority of stuff. We are traveling for the first time at Christmas, so no need to have lots of stuff.

Right now my list includes the following, but that may change before BF:

netbooks

desktop

video games for Wii and 360

drumset

electric guitar

amp

clothes

things for a newborn baby girl

Cool! My husband has played guitar for 19 years and teaches it in our town. One of my sons is following his footsteps. He got his first electric when he was 8. Then he got another one 3 years ago and has really progressed. My other son plays the drums. We got him a set 3 years ago. They are not cheap!

Cool! My husband has played guitar for 19 years and teaches it in our town. One of my sons is following his footsteps. He got his first electric when he was 8. Then he got another one 3 years ago and has really progressed. My other son plays the drums. We got him a set 3 years ago. They are not cheap!

Yeah, but they are wanting to learn to play. I hope to find something reasonable.

Yeah, but they are wanting to learn to play. I hope to find something reasonable.

We buy most of our stuff from Guitar Center. They also have a website. www.guitarcenter.com. You have 30 days to bring it back. They also have a 30 day layaway. They usually have a good sale Labor Day also.

Also musiciansfriend.com is good. It is almost always free shipping over 199.00. What is the age/ages for the guitar?

I'm finally going to buy my youngest a wii along with games and accessories. The oldest will probably be getting a car soon so i will be getting him stuff for his first car. All my extended family is already taken care of so my biggest problem will be figuring out what to get for my dh. He never wants anything and I swear that makes him the hardest person to shop for.

The new Ipod Touch but I doubt there will be any kind of deal on that so I may get it before BF so I don't miss out on getting one.

A small TV for the bedroom, a SLR camera which is what I'm really desperate for! I'll also be looking for toys for a 3 1/2 year old boy (Thomas the Train, Cars, Toy Story) and for a 1 year old girl.

Nintendo DS for the two oldest and lots of games

Laptop

Toys don't know which ones yet

Metal detector for Dh

portable dvd players for all 3 kids

Metal detectors are on sale on Amazon. I had one on my list this year too, for my DH.

I have no idea and the kids havent been much help either. LOL

DD20 and SIL21 want clothes. We gave them a 32in lcd and digital camera last year.

DS14 wants a PS3 game and the PS3 wand.

DGD will be 1 this year. I'm really looking forward to buying for her.

DH will probably want blurays.

I can't think of anything that we have to have.

That would be a good gift for my daughter also..We got a Wii back in July I think and all we have are the two games that came with it, Wii Sports and Wii Resort. So, I know I am going to be looking for new Wii games. What are some good ones for a 4 year old?

My boys want some of the hunting and fishing games, and maybe a football game. So maybe those will have a giftcard or something also.

I know that Gamestop usually does them Buy 2 used games Get 1Free Black Friday. They also usually do accessories like this also I think.

I thought that one year they had them buy 2 get 2 but I may be thinking about something else.

Carnival games and Carnival games-Mini Golf are fun and suitable for younger kids. My brother has the mini golf and the graphics are great, characters are fun and the levels are cute!

Some are hard but there are plenty of easy ones. You can collect coins to cash in for golf balls, clubs, clothes, etc. Pretty cute. :)

Ok..I was just looking at Walmart.com and saw something neat that I know I want to get my boys for their Wii. It is called UDraw. You can draw anything you want and then save it to your SD card so you can print. They also have a Pictionary game that you can buy for it. The UDraw is 70.00 and Pictionary I believe is 30. My kids and husband love to draw so this is something we could play with as a family.

I'll be looking for the VTech e-Reader as well as some wii games. Possibly a 19" or 27" TV for our playroom, and a drum set for my son. Legos or Trio sets also. Hoping to not break the bank this year, but need gifts for my son's birthday and Christmas. Thank goodness for early planning!

i will be picking up 3 of the new ipod touches for my 3 oldest. but, like someone else said, i doubt there will be any deals on that... so ill picking them up before black friday. im afraid theyll be hard to find if i wait too long. ill be basically keeping an eye out for some good toy and clothes deals for my 18 month old. my son wants that fushigi ball too, but im not sold on that thing lol

so im glad this black friday i wont have to camp out at walmart for laptaps like we did last year! (altho it was a pre black friday sale, we still had to camp out lol)

The main thing I'm hoping for is a good deal on a Nintendo DS Lite for DS4. His 5th bday is just a few days before BF and he is DYING for a DS. I'm hoping that somewhere will have a great price on one, seeing as they are "old" (with the DSi and the DS3D coming out). I would be ok with $100 and thrilled with anything less than that. All he wants is the DS and the Toy Story 3 game for it, so hopefully there will be a deal on that, as well.

As far as Christmas gifts go, we are going to be looking for toys, video games, and movies for cheap... we are on a tight budget this year and are really hoping to stretch our money as far as possible. Our budget for everything Christmas related (down to the tree and Christmas dinner) this year is about the same as we spent on just the kids last year, so its going to be interesting. :)

Edited by tn20
Correct a typo

So far a stereo for mom to get me for Christmas. My Christmas list this year is going to be a stereo and Eclipse. I'm sure I will add a few more things as I go I always let her surprise me as far as clothes go because she knows what I like and this year I'll probably need quite a bit because of weight loss. Other BF stuff will probably be toys because I have many kids on the christmas list with my best friends little boy and assorted cousins. The hardest will be figuring out something for dad because I like to have MOST my Christmas shopping done on Black Friday.

I got an email from TRU about a Christmas Geo trax set. DH has been begging for years to get a train for around the tree ( which goes up the sunday after BF). I think this set is going to be the winner..... but $130 list price is a bit much. Here is hoping it gets the BF treatment.