Who's thinking about Black Friday 2010 already?

ChristmasShopping

I bought my first Target gift card this weekend to put away for Black Friday 2010. I normally buy one a week when I am out shopping somewhere and it is my way of saving for the big day. Silly, I know.. I could just put the cash away but for some reason I find it easier to do the gift card thing.

Also, watching QVC's Christmas in July programming this weekend really got me into the mood to start thinking about the holidays and Black Friday.

And it did get me thinking (and talking to a couple of my equally crazy friends) about what we think Black Friday will be like considering the economy, etc..

Anyone as crazy as me and thinking about BF 2010 already?

Of course. Been thinking about it for weeks. Watching my own Christmas in July marathon. Started off with Christmas vacation. Need to start putting more gift cards away. Been saving the ones I get with purchases but haven't bought as much as in past years...

I can't wait either. I always have it in the back of my mind but have been really starting to think about it the last few weeks. I usually have much more saved so I need to get more serious about it! I can't wait for the christmas boards to open already =)

I have been thinking about it for a while now. LOL!!! I have already bought several gifts that I got great deals on but I still have many more gifts that I need to buy! Can not wait for the first ad to leak!!!

I think we have been spoiled the past couple of years where the first ad leaked extremely early. I wonder how much longer it will be until the first ad leak of this year.

I thought about it weeks ago then remembered last years 1st ad came out after my birthday in October and figured I was way too early. Stocked up on some gifts at Old Navy on Sunday and lots of kids gifts at Target Toy Clearance last year.

Soooo ready for it! been ready for it! haha I expect the black friday forum to be open within a few weeks(hopefully sooner *wink*wink*) lol I havent started any shopping yet. I NEED to bad! We are expecting our 2nd baby in Feb so i will be doing ALOT of baby shopping on BF this year! Our son has asked for simple things...buzz lightyear stuff,racoon zhu zhu pet,and a truck power wheel lol BUT i always get him alot of the TRU BF Door busters as extras and suprises! He always loves them! CANT WAIT!!!!!

My kids are 14 and 15 so know that the gifts will be mostly electronic type gifts. I am thinking of Kindle/Nook type for my daughter and my son will probably want games for xbox or something for that. So unless some great deals on these type of things come up, will probably wait until Black Friday. My daughter wanted a bunch of books last year, it was so easy to get on Amazon and order all of them at one time. I tend to put away all year and have too much when Christmas comes around or the dreaded "I am not into that anymore" as they roll their eyes! I have some twilight clothing brand new that didn't get given because she switched alliances LOL

I love the idea of putting money aside each week or month....

My son is 9 and keeps asking for Kung Zhu Pets. I have told him so many times that he is too old for something like this. I am leaning towards games for his game system and whatever else he might be into by Christmas. He is at a hard age. Too little for somethings and too big for others.

Are you kidding... I live for black friday! Everyone in my family thinks i am crazy for getting out in all the mayhem every year but it really puts me in the christmas mood and i love when i get a good deal! I can't wait til the ads start coming out so i can start getting gifts together for the people on my list.:holiday01

i am with you, black friday is a holiday in itself. every year my sister goes with me and my boyfriend went last year and said that he cant wait to go again this year.

i am must say though, i am totally stealing your idea of buying gift cards. i never thought of that before. we always take a certain amount of cash and say that is all we are spending and then end up breaking out the credit card by the end of the day - so thanks for the tip!!

the first ad needs to leak soon - i am dying over here!!! i need my black friday/ad fix!!! ha! :D

I have already started shopping thanks to gottadeal. Many presents already wrapped and hidden so they will not be found. I love the rush of getting up early on Black Friday and getting out there with all the people. My mom and I look forward to this day every year!!:cheesy:

Yea...BF is BIGGER than thanksgiving to me hahaha! My birthday is Nov 14th so i always have everyone get me gift cards so i can go shopping lol i always want to buy something for myslef or the "house" and cant do it with the $400 Present budget DH gives me HA! :D

Constantly! My family, friends and co-workers are all sick of me talking about it already. I have already scheduled the day off work and made my lists of who I need to buy for.

I have also been shopping like crazy through MyPoints and cashing in my points to get gift cards to use for Black Friday! I need to start saving more though for the Christmas season. I do not have a Christmas club this year and I know I should be putting money back weekly.

Just this week I got out last years Black Friday ads and skimmed the ones from my favorite stores :) I have problems I know but I can not help it...I LIVE for Black Friday!!!

I have to admit I have been thinking about BF for longer than I would like to admit lol

My sister thinks I am bonkers for already talking about, but I can't help it, I love the planning and shopping, it's my favorite day of the year :D

of course I have been thinking about it. As soon as July hits I do my clothes shopping for the boys since alot of stores have good clearance sales. I get their school clothes shopping done. As soon as that is done I am ready for BF. I have gotten 5 people into BF shopping but haven't narrowed down who is going with me this year. I always go either way though. I can't wait till the BF section opens up!!