HOT! Save 45% on Select Dell Inspiron Laptop Purchase of $1399 or More - Dell Home

GottaDEAL

This deal wouldn't still be live if it were any good. Not until mid-October, you say? That's just next month, right? Anyway, I wish Dell would cut all the BS and offer a TRULY great deal like once a year and then keep prices the same the rest of the year. And if we reserved the HOT! tag for truly hot deals only, that would be cool. Hook 'em!

I don't agree with the "deal wouldn't still be live if it were any good" theory. The reason this deal is still alive is because it only appeals to certain people. If someone wants a loaded laptop with a 3 year warranty, this is going to be the best deal they will find. The $750 off $1499 won't save them as much as this deal does.

But the majority of laptop purchasers don't need these loaded machines or the longer warranty, so for them this deal is not as hot. Judging by the interest in this thread, the number of clickthroughs for the deal on the main site and the actual sales we've seen, this is indeed one of the few hot laptop deals we've seen since the huge July deals.

And I also think that 45% off qualifies a deal for the "HOT!" tag. 45% off pretty much any kind of item at Dell would in fact. Maybe not "**** BLAZING HOT!!!! *****", but it's still a very good deal for the right audience.

Compared to the normal Dell prices, this deal is still very hot. How would you like to be your average consumer going right to Dell.com where these configurations are around $600 more than you can get with this coupon. The 3 year warranty is very nice and should greatly help resale value.

- 45% off is only good when you price something about $2500+

I was looking back at the previous deals, and noticed a lotof the "Hot" deals are those without a 3 yr warranty. I see 45% off and can't believe how much I might save, then I look at the actualy configurations, and don't see that great of a deal.