CVS Deals Discussion - April '10

freesia39

What happend with thread? It used to be full of helpful posts. Did people venture out to other boards?

I haven't found a lot of good deals at CVS lately. The machine hasn't given me any money off coupons, and I don't get any in my e-mail. This week is the best it has been in a while with two free items.

I'm also very picky about my CVS deals lately. I won't hoard as much as I used to, and I try to maximize my ECB return when I'm doing deals. What doesn't help is that I tend to breeze through in the mornings on my way to work, so I don't have time to comb the aisles, searching for clearance.

What happend with thread? It used to be full of helpful posts. Did people venture out to other boards?

I know, and it's that way on a lot of the threads here now. Might just be the time of the year, but my real theory is that it's the darn contests, that "inspire" a couple of folks to post and post and post deals that aren't deals at all, and who the heck has time/energy/motivation to wade through all that crap...so I think folks just give up and move on to other sites. Wish dantegirl was back, I liked her way of telling the coupn/sale matches at the drug stores!

5 Blade Razor & trimmer $6.99 free after ECB limit 1

Aussie or Herbal Essences Shampoo or Conditioner $2.99 with a $2 ECB, there are $1 off Herbal Essences coupons and $2 off Aussie coupons in this weeks P&G coupon insert and also in the last one, making it free after ECB limit 2

I know it's the last day for this deal but it was really good!

The Old Spice body wash was $4 w/$4 ECB. I had a manufacturer's BOGO. I got 2 for $4 and got back $8 in ECB. :eyepoppin

I also did well in the Revlon deal:

Buy $10 and get $4 ECB.

I found some lipsticks 75% off...got 4 of those to make the $10 and had $6 in coupons. Then I got back $4 in ECB making all 4 lipsticks FREE.

It was a good day!

I also had a $1 ECB that expired (I thought) tomorrow,but it was actually yesterday and the cashier took it,bless his heart.

Was anyone able to actually FIND one of the 5 blade razors? I went to all 3 of our CVS stores and there were NONE. Just a little sale tag hanging on an empty peg at all 3 stores.

Got in on the shampoos with ma.n q's to boot. Good deal.

Scan machine thingy spit out a $3 off 2 bags of M&M's last week when they were 2 bucks. so, M&M's for 50 cents for me!

If anyone else got the CVS coupon for $1 off their pantiliners, they are on sale 2/.99 this week, so 2 for free. I got the $4 money maker oldspice deal too. Tried to use buy 2 and get other stuff free too but the cashier said no way...on lunch & no time to argue the point lol

I bought:

4 Nivea Body Wash- sale $4.99

Used 4 $4 Women's Nivea body wash

2 Old Spice body wash- sale $4

Used BOGO coupon

2 CVS Sunscreen- sale 2/$10

Used $1/1 CVS Suncare product (from machine in store)

Used $4 off $20 purchase (from machine in store)

Total= $16.01

Used $12.49 in ECBs

OOP= $3.52

Got back $13 in ECBs (5 for nivea/ 8 for Old spice)

I bought:

4 Nivea Body Wash- sale $4.99

Used 4 $4 Women's Nivea body wash

2 Old Spice body wash- sale $4

Used BOGO coupon

2 CVS Sunscreen- sale 2/$10

Used $1/1 CVS Suncare product (from machine in store)

Used $4 off $20 purchase (from machine in store)

Total= $16.01

Used $12.49 in ECBs

OOP= $3.52

Got back $13 in ECBs (5 for nivea/ 8 for Old spice)

Outstanding!

I did almost the exact same without the sunscreen (don't need it).

My $8 ECB didn't print out with my receipt but the cashier rang it in for me and then it printed :)