Need satellite INTERNET connection

Guest waggy

Guest waggy

Ok i was buying my in-laws house. anyway they have satellite broadband connection. they said they will leave it IF we want it. but i found out they are paying $100 a month until Jan to pay off the equipment.

But i was wondering if anyone here knows of deal going on. we are moving in on sept 5th.

you guys did good on the kitchen and Satellite TV (calling next month to get that). soo don't fail me now!

:banana:

oh and if anyone wants to help me move i will buy the beer!

waggy -

From what I saw, there aren't many options for satellite internet (mostly DirecWay) and therefore you won't find many deals, if any. All the places I saw also make you pay for equipment either up front or over time like your in-laws do. I'd maybe look into combining the internet and TV service - check out RapidSatellite.com to see if they have any combo deals. I'll keep looking and if I find anything else I'll let you know.

Guest waggy

What, no pizza? :chairshot

Unless you live in the boonies, I would stay away from satellite. It's just too slow and expensive to be cost effective. I'd rather go with 56k dialup for $4.95/mo.

nope no pizza. I was going to get some hamburer and hot dogs!

dial up!? ewww!

But we talked to my in-laws and faced with the fact that they have to take the stuff since i was NOT going to pay for it. they said they will pay the Internet bill until it is paid off. so thats OK with me.

that is if the sale goes through. sigh

:banana: