Refurb Toshiba TheaterWide 44" DLP $1,249

RossMAN

http://www.woot.com/

http://www.woot.com/Images/Sale/Toshiba_TheaterWide_44_in._DLP_HD_Ready_TV-standard.jpg

Do these TVs have large TALENs?

Buying a TV has become a game of inches. In cosmic terms, twenty inches is nothing: a microbe in a cow pasture, a nick on the face of Hoover Dam. Way smaller, even. But when you sit down in front of the tube to cheer on State U in the Transglobal Mutual Insurance Bowl, twenty inches makes all the difference - especially the way the networks cram the screen with microscopic statistics these days. How are you supposed to really understand the action if you miss out on vital information like State U's third-down conversion rate on FieldTurf during the rain in months ending in "-uary"? You simply cannot.

Don't take that chance. Don't pinch the inches. This Toshiba 44" TheaterWide DLP TV utilizes the frankly mindblowing Toshiba Advanced Light Engine (TALEN), a proprietary thingamajig using advanced optics and the step-up Texas Instruments HD2+ DLP chip to create unprecedented picture quality. Every Ford truck commercial will send you fleeing in terror, convinced that a huge pickup and/or Toby Keith is about to run you down. If you're more of a little-picture guy, the Dual Tuner Multi-Window Picture Outside Picture (POP) can display two pictures of equal size side by side, or up to 12 windows all at once.

Here's the catch: before you buy one, go to your "My Account" page and fill in your phone number. Not only do the delivery guys need it to drop off your TV, but we were thinking it'd be fun if maybe we could, you know, give you a call and get together for drinks sometime or something. It's hard meeting new people, especially good-looking, fascinating people like you who also own an awesome 44" TV.

Warranty info: Toshiba provides a 90-day in-home service warranty covering parts and labor. The nationwide toll free number for service is 800-631-3811; they will direct you to the nearest service center.

Delivery timetable: Due to the size of this item, it will be shipped by truck and delivery will take 10-15 days. A phone number is required by the trucking company in order to schedule delivery.

Video:

* 44-inch widescreen 16:9 display

* Texas Instruments HD2+ DLP Digital Micro-mirror Device (DMD)

* HDTV Ready, Display Capability: 720p

* Display Resolution 1280×720

* Supports HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) for DVI-DTV (480p, 720p, 1080i)

* 10 lens optical system

* 2-Tuner Double Window POP

* MultiWindow (4) POP

* 3:2 Pull-down Detection and Compensation

* TheaterWide Modes (3)

* Zoom Control (2)

* High Contrast Screen w/Non-Glare Coating

* Ultra Fine Pitch Screen

* 3D Y/C Comb Filter

* Color Temperature

* Gamma Correction

Audio:

* 2 way speaker system

* Front Surround Sound (5 modes)

* SRS TruSurround

* StableSound

* MTS/SAP

* 30 watt audio output

* Closed Captioning

* 2 Level Mute

Other Features:

* Backlit Universal Remote Control

* Favorite Channel

* Channel Label

* Speed Surf

* Trilingual OSD

* Clock

* On/Off Timer

* Sleep Timer

Inputs/Outputs:

* Antenna RF input

* 2 S-Video inputs (1 front, 1 rear)

* RGB input

* DVI input

* RGB/DVI audio input

* 3 sets RCA A/V input (1 front, 2 rear)

* 2 sets ColorStream HD component video inputs

* Audio/Video output

* Variable audio out

* Monitor out

* Calibration Port (Serial/RS-232c)

Dimensions:

* Horizontal Size: 39.92”

* Height: 29.19”

* Depth: 14.29”

* Weight: 59.5 (lbs.)

Note: Due to the size of this item, it will be shipped by truck and delivery will take 10-15 days. A phone number is required by the trucking company in order to schedule delivery. Again, before you buy one, go to your "My Account" page and fill in your phone number.

Not a bad price. Great TV ! Refurb troubles me a bit. 90 day warranty gives me even more cause to pause. Check the prices on the replacement lamps on these DLP sets -- around $300 each from what I have found. :g_think:

Check out the woot.com forum posts on this deal too, but be prepared to wade through a lot of really juvenile garbage to find the serious comments.

I have the precursor to this tv (in the 50 something inch version) My husband bought it last year. He also bought the extended warranty from hhgregg with it and they replace the lamps yearly :-)

I like the pic on my 32 inch sanyo better. I don't like his Toshiba at all and I rarely watch it. I didn't even watch the Titans on it because my TV has a better HD picture.

The bulbs/lamps on the DLP TV's are extremely sensitive to power surges and also must be kept cool. I highly recommend any DLP owner invest in a $150 uninterruptable power supply (UPS) for the TV. It'll keep the power surges out of your set and also keep the cooling fan running long enough after a power failure to properly shut down the set without stressing the projection lamp. :2stereo: