Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Went to the Plymouth Meeting, PA location this morning. Christmas still at 75% off, and hardly anything left - did score a red cloth tablecloth 60x84" reg. $9.99 for $2.49.

Would've been a waste of a trip if I hadn't found Disney/Pixar "Cars" marker sets in the dollar area 75% off. I bought all I could find - I think 14 sets. (My twins will be having a "Cars" theme party in October, so these will be perfect favors - I got small spiral notebooks at one of the other Targets on Friday.)

I also got a bunch (maybe 8) of the gel eye masks (also $0.25/ea.) so maybe I'll talk dd into a spa party for her b-day this month. <Usu. we pick a theme months in advance, but this year she's 14 this year - so it's harder.>:gd_partyu

Anybody seeing anything in Baby being clearanced? Our shelves look bare but I never saw anything more then 15% off. Wondering if it's still to come or they have next to nothing to clearance this year.

I just checked out one store yesterday, there was stuff but not nearly as much as last year. I think it was only 30% right now, which is in keeping with this time last year. I saw a couple Pooh items, like a portable playpen and a swing. Also some very gender-specific carseats, strollers and swings (i.e. either pink and flowery or orange/brown and constructiony). I didn't see ANY furniture at all :(

Still 75% off here in KC (Ward Parkway) but I was happy that I went b/c there were 8 Trio Airplane sets sitting there in the Christmas Clearance section that I KNOW weren't there before. Got 4 of those for birthday gifts and also found some tape at 75% off. (Hoping the rest will still be there at 90%). Also found a Taylor Swift Christmas CD for $1.74.

Dollar Spot was 75% off and I picked up some batteries. I had a 4 minute (civil) argument with the manager after the cashier wouldn't take the Raoyvac $1/2 coupons I had that said $1 off of ANY two Rayovac Alkaline batteries. No size restriction. I wish I would have had the policy with me b/c she said she wouldn't take them b/c that would be "getting them for free." Yeah...that's the point, lady. I tried to tell her that the policy is to adjust the coupon down and she wouldn't budge. Pointed out that the coupon says ANY two Alkaline batteries. I remained very pleasant the whole time and finally gave up b/c it's not worth it. But it is really maddening that they don't know their own policies.

Also, FYI...CVS here went to 75% off on their Christmas stuff today. Got a Barbie and a few other assorted items for cheap!

First of all TY to joshsmommy642 for the dishwasher tablet heads up! I REALLY appreciate it! :)

SE Aurora (Denver area) CO still 75%. Some stuff left, but nothing I want at even 75% off, 90% yes. Toys, not as many as last year and still 30-50% off. Sounds like the same thing is going on across the country.

For some of the newbies, the 90% should happen this week. When you go in - don't just go by the signs, scan your items. It's very possible that they could have gone 90% off and have the 75% off signs up still. That happened with Halloween stuff this past season.

Will post as soon as I see 90% off at Quincy & Buckley, Arapahoe & Parker and maybe the Town Center & Gartrell one too. All Aurora stores. :)

Still 75% off Christmas stuff here in South Eastern PA.

Most of the clearance toys in Exton, PA went to 50% today, but were still at 30% in Plymouth this morning. Exton had a lot more clearance toys than Plymouth, Exton is closer to me, so I'm still holding out for 75% off. Neither store really had all the clearance toys in one section. There was at least one isle that was all clearance, but the rest you had to hunt for up and down all the isles for red stickers.

Still 75% off here in KC (Ward Parkway) but I was happy that I went b/c there were 8 Trio Airplane sets sitting there in the Christmas Clearance section that I KNOW weren't there before. Got 4 of those for birthday gifts and also found some tape at 75% off. (Hoping the rest will still be there at 90%). Also found a Taylor Swift Christmas CD for $1.74.

Dollar Spot was 75% off and I picked up some batteries. I had a 4 minute (civil) argument with the manager after the cashier wouldn't take the Raoyvac $1/2 coupons I had that said $1 off of ANY two Rayovac Alkaline batteries. No size restriction. I wish I would have had the policy with me b/c she said she wouldn't take them b/c that would be "getting them for free." Yeah...that's the point, lady. I tried to tell her that the policy is to adjust the coupon down and she wouldn't budge. Pointed out that the coupon says ANY two Alkaline batteries. I remained very pleasant the whole time and finally gave up b/c it's not worth it. But it is really maddening that they don't know their own policies.

Also, FYI...CVS here went to 75% off on their Christmas stuff today. Got a Barbie and a few other assorted items for cheap!

Oh Ward Pkway is the worst for coupons. The clerks in there are total haters in my opinion. Most of them are just bitter. It may have gotten a little better recently. I've seen new and familiar management faces from other stores now working in that store. So, hopefully that particular store will become a more pleasant place to shop. That is the store where I always see stockers shop as they are working during holiday clearance... I know... that's a whole other conversation, but just sayin...

Of all the gobs of Targets I shop in this city, they are all bend over backward friendly (most of the time). This one is usually not.

I also had awesome luck at CVS this morning too (guess I'll post over there though), which is nice considering that I was trapped in the great white tundra of Minnesota for the past week. Nice for a couple days, but 22 degrees below zero (actual temp) is just a bit too much.

One of my 2 NJ Targets went 90% this morning. Still marked 75% but scanning 90. Not much left- got a 28 pack of gold glass ball ornaments and gold garland both good for wrapping presents, a few cute ornaments, a 3 pack of LED tap lights (which I really like by the way), 11 cent bag of xmas mashmallows and the best score of all- 2 reynolds wrap which were 29 cents each.

Target here was still 75% and not much left. I probably wouldn't bother at 90% except I know I will probably find random deals that have been overlooked. I did score a ton of stuff in the Dollar Spot though, they had one puny 75% off sign that no one was noticing. Got lots of bright-colored extra sticky Post-It Notes, some dog and kitty sticky notes, a couple rubber furniture-defurring tools, and a fire log DVD (all were 25 cents each). They also had mittens and gloves, 9 volt and AAA batteries, the aforementioned Jack Daniels coffee packs, and lots of stocking-stuffer type items like lip gloss, plastic dinos, pens/pencils etc.

Thanks also to the poster of the dishwasher tabs deal. They were around $3.75/20 pack - $2.50 MQ = just over a buck each. YAY!

I totally forgot to mention... I have been looking forward to the Global Home (or whatever the heck it's called lately, Home Design?) being set up in the void from the Christmas stuff, but instead my Target had set up what they are calling "The Great Save Event". There were crazy loud orange and pink signs all over and they seriously made the whole section look like a dollar store. They were claiming "huge savings without a warehouse store membership". It looked like they had the usual big packs of paper towels but also small appliances like toaster ovens.

Here is the link to it on their website:

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=sc_iw_ss_1/?node=2233938011

Am I just confused, and they usually set up Global Home/Home Design later in the month? Or is there going to be none this year, in which case I will seriously cry? :confused:

I totally forgot to mention... I have been looking forward to the Global Home (or whatever the heck it's called lately, Home Design?) being set up in the void from the Christmas stuff, but instead my Target had set up what they are calling "The Great Save Event". There were crazy loud orange and pink signs all over and they seriously made the whole section look like a dollar store. They were claiming "huge savings without a warehouse store membership". It looked like they had the usual big packs of paper towels but also small appliances like toaster ovens.

Am I just confused, and they usually set up Global Home/Home Design later in the month? Or is there going to be none this year, in which case I will seriously cry? :confused:

Your description of this stuff made me LOL! You're not kidding about it being loud! My first reaction was "What the heck is that?" I didn't look too much at what was in that section, but I did see a bunch of clothing. I didn't bother to check the labels, but I would guess its not the normal Circo brand for kids. I thought it was strange to have it in the back of the store like that. They must be trying something new for the January time period. I'm hoping for some good clearance out of that stuff.:yup:

I actually like this-I agree the signage is tacky, but there are some pretty good deals on basic stuff. I noticed that a lot of it is quite a bit cheaper than Sam's (which I think rarely has good deals on anything) and you can use coupons. I'm figuring they will clearance it all out a month or two from now to make room for Easter/Spring and I'll be ready to stock up!

Doesn't look like they'll be doing it this year. They are doing this savings thing instead. tacky, isn't it? Not at all in keeping with the image they've developed over the last 10 years or so.

It looks like my store is not going to have a great selection in toy clearance this year. :(:eek: I went yesterday and asked if they were going to consolidate the toys and they told me "NO". There are hardly any toys on clearance right now. I have been checking consistently since Christmas and the selection looks pretty grim. I only have one Target in my city ....so I am bummed.

The next closet city is 2 hours away!!!!:(

Still 75% at my store today, heading out bright and early to check tomorrow though! Not a lot of toys for us this year either. Only seems to be 1 aisle. I'm going to go bright and early on Thursday though to check for 75%. I doubt it will be this week, but I will go every Thursday until it happens!

I hope it goes 90% tomorrow, but I doubt it will. The stores around here are almost always one day behind most of the other stores in the country on the Christmas markdowns. I'm getting up early everyday though and calling to check. We now have 2 Target stores in town, so hopefully between the two I can score some great deals. Too bad school has to interfere!

Has anyone noticed that so much of the Christmas/winter themed stuff around the store (like the Glade candles, or Pepperidge Farm cookies, or Christmas Pillsbury cookie dough) is either not on clearance at all or only 15%-30% off? What a rip! Last year nearly all that stuff was included with the normal Christmas clearance. What gives Target?!

Here's that link again to the Hasbro toy coupons: HERE

I personally would print them out and bring them all with you when checking out the toy clearance, ESP when they hit 75% off. Which btw, I did ask my store, and they are still at 30 & 50%.

Anyone else having difficulty printing the coupons? I keep getting a mostly blank page that doesn't show any coupons, but has two "Print Coupons" buttons that I keep clicking on, but nothing happens :confused:

Called both Targets in town...both said still 75%. I asked when it might go 90% and the one girl said we have so much stuff left still...well for sure not today, but maybe...and I said oh do you think I should check tomorrow? And she said definitely, definitely. :)