Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

The Redwood City target had... nothing I wanted. It was 75% but no tissue paper and no boxes!

I got some garland, and they had the santa hat and elf ears for dogs so I got those. There were a lot of ornaments, a lot of napkins, and a bunch of small items. No trees either! I got a tree last year for 75%!

I might try to hit up Sunnyvale tomorrow, or maybe Foster City.

When does everyone think they will go 90% off? I am wondering if they are going to wait a little longer because the stores that I go to had a TON of stuff left.

I noticed that the 75% off sign at the dollar spot said prices valid 12-31 thru 1-3, so I'm thinking the 4th since the previous sign said prices valid 12-26 thru 12-30. IDK about the stores that went 75% earlier than today, but that's what I think for my store. I'm crossing my fingers that I'm not wrong though, because I don't plan to be there at opening on Saturday. Also, in 2007 they went 75% on the 31st and then 90% on the 4th.

I can't confirm this, as my store is all out of these, but the Target associate DID confirm they had them on clearance just recently.

#Playskool Musical Sit ‘n Spin

#Reportedly on Clearance for $10.98 - if your store has any in stock

#Go: HERE to print off a $10 Coupon

#Making this toy $0.98, if this is all true.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YmLUZKJcL._AA260_.jpg

Here's that link again to the Hasbro toy coupons: HERE

I personally would print them out and bring them all with you when checking out the toy clearance, ESP when they hit 75% off. Which btw, I did ask my store, and they are still at 30 & 50%.

Edited by Gator Pam
Formatted for autolisting

Took the boys out shopping with Christmas money. Nothing at the Glendale, CA store. 1 pitiful aisle of Christmas left.

Stopped back by the 2 story store in Pasadena and it was a predictable mad-house being along the Rose Parade route. However, I saw a flatbed cart in the toy department that had been there this morning when I went. Since it hadn't moved I decided to check it out. Mostly junky clearance toys, but 1 box had a load of Christmas section Spy Gear, some Littlest Pet Shop and an entire case of the Hot Wheels. So I left happy. And the boys found clearance Legos in the toys.

Describe the stocking holder. Is it coloured plastic? or metal looking? I'll keep an eye out. I think I'll go check out a few Targets and maybe get a haircut while out, don't need anything but got a cute photo stocking holder from Joann's and now need at least one more similar. I could use a tabletop fiber optic tree too.There's a set of 2 on website but I don't see any santa also doesn't give a choice of which two?:

http://www.target.com/2-Pk-Stocking-Holders-Train/dp/B002C9WE7Y/ref=br_1_3?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=2238081011&node=2238081011&searchRank=salesrank&searchPage=1&searchSize=30&id=-%202%20Pk%20Stocking%20Holders-Train

I am going to try to post a link....... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230418204697&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Yea! It worked...they were on the Target site earlier all sold out. I would have bought one at half off but hate to pay more than I paid for the other three combined on ebay...and that is before shipping! I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I was at our store around 2 pm. They still had TONS of stuff left. I'll bet there were at least 100 Christmas trees still on the floor. Everybody just walked past them.

I'll have to check them out tomorrow... The JC target was WIPED OUT this evening. Thanks for the info.

Went to Target in Wichita Falls, Texas this morning all excited for the 75% off Christmas. The only thing I ended up buying was .75cent wrapping paper and 1.49 bags of candy! Pretty bummed. Not much left that I was interested in. Was really wanting to find the tissues, towels, coffee, tape, etc that everyone else had blogged about. Waiting for the clearance toys to be truly CLEARANCED! 30% off is not much. My sons wanted that hugh remote controled dinosaur, Rex, which retails for near 139. Target clearance is 90.xx. To my suprise and delight, at walmart, these scan for 59.50 right now! Yea me!

So, for those of us that went to 75% yesterday...do you all think it will be 90% on Saturday? I hate it when things get marked down on a weekend...more people just happen upon it then!

I remember last year thinking it would be earlier than it ended up being. Looking at the dates that someone earlier posted, I would guess Tuesday. But I will probably go Monday just in case. I guess I don't have to get up and out early tomorrow, so yay!

Not all Christmas is 75% off at my Target :( I'll have to go back in a day or two and see if everything is finally 75% off. My sister and I were able to score some Oreo's in the Christmas packaging though. They were behind the regular Oreo's. FYI for those of you that might of picked up some of those, you might want to check the dates on them. I didn't want to get any and have them go to waste, so I checked the dates, and some of them said Oct. 09 :confused: I had to take a double take, but sure enough they were in the Christmas packaging. The other Christmas ones had April 10 on them. We took the expired ones up to customer service. I'm wondering if it was a mistake at the factory? I think that's the first time I've ever found anything out dated at our Target.

Check the jewelry dept!!! I was cutting through it yesterday afternoon and they had a whole rack of the Christmas earrings and such. Marked 50% but ringing up 75%. There were 3 pairs in most of the sets and they were $1.xx! I stocked up for stockings next year. I don't think anyone had seen them even though the store was packed. It was an end rack near the watches. Bet there are other stores with them!

still 75% here too and my store when 75% earlier than most. Toys still 30, some 50.

I just sent DH to pick up a Dyson. They had 3 left at 50% so they were 279.00 I believe, orignally 549.00. I hope I didn't jump the gun I doubt there would be any left to go to 75%.

I sincerely doubt they would ever go to 75%. Is this the Animal? I was coveting that the other day, but we have the basic All Floors one from the last 50% off clearance, so I couldn't really justify getting yet another vacuum. Hope you score, I love my Dyson!

I sincerely doubt they would ever go to 75%. Is this the Animal? I was coveting that the other day, but we have the basic All Floors one from the last 50% off clearance, so I couldn't really justify getting yet another vacuum. Hope you score, I love my Dyson!

I've seen them get to 75% off here, but I've also seen them run a $75 or $100 GC with Dyson purchase. When that happens, it usually applies to the clearance ones, too.

I am heading to target shortly and was going to take the playskool (hasbro) coupons with me, I registered and then hit where it says it links to $75 worth of coupons, but there are none there. Anyone else had a problem today with that?

Yes I had the same problem with the hasbro site today. I was going to check out the sit in spin. It wasn't on clearance at my target anyway.

Maybe I won't open the Dyson until I see the others are gone. I'd hate to miss out on saving another $100 or so.

Gator Pam when my husband gets home in a few hours I'll post the DCPI.

I know they have the yellow hand held Dyson for $75 at my Target. The one I'm getting is a purple upright. I think it's an Animal but I'm not 100%. I just know it's better than my old Hoover ;)

75% off. I managed to get a lot of sheet sets regular 19.99 down to 4.99 the jersey material kind christmas themed w/red holiday wrapper, they had all sizes but Queen. No stocking holders and very little xmas left being consolidated into one row mostly candies and cocoa sets with a handful of the same ornaments. I managed to find some bakugan thing for cousins and a littlest petshop set along with some gi joe's and the peanut m&m's I was after :) OH, the store didn't have the black dots marked but were 75% off and we managed to get some cute pet? fleece blankets, holiday pet sweaters, some individual coffee's 4 different kinds, a desk calendar, holiday 2 pack kitchen towels, and a load of the mrs fields chocolates. Can't find the code for the littlest pet shop thing but was a pack that said 13 items w/ trading cards etc. The bakugan thing was a small pack about the size of a pack of cards with several red dice visible. The cookie book listed was a wilton book with all sorts of different recipes/ideas that was clearance tagged for 6.xx and I scanned just in case. The pot of golds on clearance have a bow design on box, we got a caramel one and two regular chocolates i think bows were gold and blue respectively.

I didn't get the tree I wanted but overall we did very well.

###062-26-0435 T sheet set

###062-26-0444 F sheet set

###062-26-0448 F sheet set

###062-26-0450 K sheet set

###062-26-0458 K sheet set

###066-00-0041 Flat chenill

###067-05-0196 Tablerunner

###070-02-0334 Cookie book

###083-09-0028 Crinkle sack

###083-09-1616 cat collar

###087-00-0002 bakugan

###087-06-0792 Gij holiday

###087-09-0179 dusney puzzl

###204-03-0033 little

###055-03-0289 pot of gold

###055-03-0287 pot of gold

###204-07-0334 ncfmegabloks

###234-03-0779 tip towels

Edited by tinkrbel

Went to Target in Wichita Falls, Texas this morning all excited for the 75% off Christmas. The only thing I ended up buying was .75cent wrapping paper and 1.49 bags of candy! Pretty bummed. Not much left that I was interested in. Was really wanting to find the tissues, towels, coffee, tape, etc that everyone else had blogged about. Waiting for the clearance toys to be truly CLEARANCED! 30% off is not much. My sons wanted that hugh remote controled dinosaur, Rex, which retails for near 139. Target clearance is 90.xx. To my suprise and delight, at walmart, these scan for 59.50 right now! Yea me!

Wait...are you talking about Spike the dinosaur or a different one? Curious because I haven't heard of one called "Rex" and the prices look to be about the same. Saw Spike at Target for $90.xx but am hoping to get him for lower than that.

Wait...are you talking about Spike the dinosaur or a different one? Curious because I haven't heard of one called "Rex" and the prices look to be about the same. Saw Spike at Target for $90.xx but am hoping to get him for lower than that.

I missed Spike last year at 75% off at Target but did end up finding one at Walmart for $32 so keep an eye out at both. I got mine the last week of January at Walmart.

I picked up a Spike at Walmart this week for $40. There were about 8 in a clearance aisle beside all the Christmas stuff. Then in the regular toy aisle there were another 3 marked 59.50. I didn't scan any of those to see if they were $40 also. The boxes looked the same though.

Our target in SLC, Utah was clearing off the Christmas shelves on the 30th. We noticed they were loading everything into carts instead of moving it over, and when we asked an employee if they were just consolidating, he said he believed it was being pulled from the shelves to be sent back to the warehouse.

Who knows if he actually knows what he's talking about, but from what we saw, I don't think there will be anything left to go 90% off. It's a bummer... we had our eyes on snowglobes for a joke on our bro.

I'll tell you a little secret that I found out about last year--when Target boxes up seasonal merchandise (usually right before it hits 90%) or things they are phasing out, they send it to Goodwill! That's why items left over from 90% sometimes scan "item not found in system". Check your local Goodwill folks, you'll find some great bargains (and help a great charity to boot!). I've scored some great bargains this year at Goodwill and all of it was in the box merchandise straight from Target. :)

I'll tell you a little secret that I found out about last year--when Target boxes up seasonal merchandise (usually right before it hits 90%) or things they are phasing out, they send it to Goodwill! That's why items left over from 90% sometimes scan "item not found in system". Check your local Goodwill folks, you'll find some great bargains (and help a great charity to boot!). I've scored some great bargains this year at Goodwill and all of it was in the box merchandise straight from Target. :)

Also you can check at Goodwill and if the sticker is marked GT that is an item from Target. I was at Goodwill on Wednesday dropping stuff off and found out.

They sell it to whoever their local salvage company is. Just so people don't think they are donating it to Goodwill, they aren't. Goodwill buys it from them for pennies on the dollar. They sell to a variety of salvage companies nationwide. In some areas this is Goodwill, in others Salvation Army and in others just some random salvage company. You can also see Target salvage lots on liquidation.com. That's why you sometimes see the electronics salvaged before going below 50%. They probably have a salvage company that will give them a better price, so it is worth salvaging it over dropping it lower. They also sometimes move clearance between stores from one store where clearance sells out faster at higher prices (though not likely with Christmas). So, you might get lucky at your local thrift stores, indeed. Unfortunately not here, but it is nice for those of you who can get it that way.