Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Make sure you scan! Signs still said 50% off but scanned at 75% this am. :) I didn't find much I wanted...the ornaments where really ugly this year and my store didn't have much home decor this year either. I did score a bunch of Soft Soap body wash for .74 each! Loaded up on white tissue paper too. They had lots of lights, but I didn't need any. There were NO light up lawn decorations either. That was disappointing. :(

Was bummed that the 3 packs of mighty beanz in the stocking stuffer section still rang at full price. :confused:

I don't know..I DO know that my store marked down HALLOWEEN at 2PM from 50% to 75%...I was standing there when they did it...and they didn't change signs so if I would not have "heard" them I wouldn't had known (unless I randomly scanned something) My neighbor had been there at opening and was so mad that I go things 75% and she didn't.. (our target is 38mi away...)

darn... thanks for answering... even if it was the answer I didn't want to hear. Now to decide back to Target later today or not :)

Went to one store (Ward Pkwy) at 9:00 and it was marked and scanning 50% off. Went to another (Mission Greatland) at 11:00 and it was also marked and scanning 50% off. BUMMER!!!

Good news is that both stores had a TON left. I really didn't want to get out tomorrow, but you gotta do what you gotta do!!

I did get a few candy items (Gummy wreaths and Starburst booklet) using coupons for really cheap. Scanned a bunch of christmas-y pajamas in the kids sections and none were marked down. Also scanned snowflake Ritz crackers and they weren't marked down at all, either.

I went to lunch in a hurry thinking maybe I would get some good buys. Went to the section and there was no one there but lots of stuff. Signs still read 50% so I grabbed different stuff that I was interested in and went to find the nearest scanner....50%. :( what a waste of time. :(

(This was the Addison, TX location)

Do they ever transition to 75% in the middle of the day? Isn't it usually at opening??-- thought I remember someone posting on here that holiday clearance is done above the local store's level.

Yes. I have had it happen at around 11am before. I was scanning items and they scanned 50%, then suddenly dropped to 75%. It is NOT always first thing in the morning.

Pasadena East is 75% today.

75% in Christmas and Pink dot $ Spot in Mt. Pleasant, SC. I bought:

###Polar Express book was $18.95 now $4.73

###Outdoor Tinsel Snowman was $59.99 now $14.99

###Pepperidge Farm Holiday cookies was $3.39 now $.84 (only the snowballs, almond wreaths, and oatmeal w/ choc. drizzle were on sale)

###Knotts Berry Farm gift set was $14.99 now $3.74

Also picked up some gift bags, two rolls of wrapping paper and more tape.

Christmas still 50% off here, pink spot dollar spot was $0.25 but wasn't marked.

The problem with calling is if the signs still say 50% off but the stuff is scanning at 75% off (WHICH HAPPENS QUITE OFTEN!) they will tell you it's 50% off.

If there is something that I am really watching, (especially during the big toy sell off that happens in a couple weeks) I jot down a dpci along with the item's regular price (whether it's the item that I really want or just something else that would fall into that mark down category). Then when you call customer service just nicely ask them if they could check an item that you have a number for. They can just type in the dpci and the current price comes up. That way you don't have to rely on someone just looking at the signs, making up something or just giving you incorrect information.

May not be full proof, but it might give more accurate information than just asking someone to go check the signs.

Maybe you shouldn't call first thing in the morning.

At all my Targets that dept is pretty far away from customer service so it's not like the people can actually leave the dept and go walk over and scan something and come back to the phone.

Also, I agree about sometimes the staff doesn't realize it b/c the signs say one thing but scanning says another. If you're calling too early the employees are discussing what needs to be done - that's what they were doing in the holiday aisle this morning while I was there. The night crew girl was telling the person taking over her shift what she had done and where she had left off with the work so the morning person would know what needed to be done. I don't think they cared how much anything was - they had to do what needed to be done - which is condense that Xmas stuff.

Give the employees a little time to get settled and get the word out among each other that it's 75% - remember it's not the markdown team who is looking for specific items to markdown.

Okay, so who is going to be the guinea pig that actually goes back to a store this afternoon that was just 50% off this morning to see if they marked it down? :P

LOL, I keep checking back to see if someone has accepted that mission yet. At home with both kids, so I will have to wait until my husband gets home to check again. :)

Okay, so who is going to be the guinea pig that actually goes back to a store this afternoon that was just 50% off this morning to see if they marked it down? :P

Have you ever seen them do that around here? I mean drop it mid day? I've never seen anything but the holiday clearance stuff "go" early in the morning at opening. But I guess there's a first time for everything! :) I'm not as interested in holiday clearance as I was when my kids were real small, so I honestly haven't been paying much attention. But when I had the "be there when the doors open kind of mentality," a few years back, holiday clearance was always first thing in the morning at all the stores I hit at least in the area I live in (mostly Overland Park).

BTW, I'm not questioning ANYONE who sees that "mid day drop" happen in THEIR area!! I'm only saying that I've not seen it happen around HERE :))

I've never seen or heard of the "mid day drop" around here for holiday clearance. EVER. With any holiday/seasonal. It is always first thing in the morning. So that's why I'm not going out again until tomorrow! :)

I'm wishing I would have stopped in the dollar spot...I just skipped it after I realized that Christmas was still 50% off. Oh, well!

on the tape, is there anything on the packageing that is different to klook for, I know in years past it has something abit different then the other packages (scissors, popup too)

the tape looked like this: http://www.target.com/mdp/B003ZWT40W/ref=sr_qi_1_20?sr=1-

DPCI: 081-06-0015

ASIN: B003ZWT40W

There is a white box in the upper right hand corner of the scissors that said $3.00.

I scanned several colors of the pop up tapes and all of them were marked down to .50

the tape looked like this: http://www.target.com/mdp/B003ZWT40W/ref=sr_qi_1_20?sr=1-

DPCI: 081-06-0015

ASIN: B003ZWT40W

There is a white box in the upper right hand corner of the scissors that said $3.00.

I scanned several colors of the pop up tapes and all of them were marked down to .50

cool thank you. I am always after the tape etc. I know I bought a paper cutter thing last year but darn if I know what I did with it LOL

We are traveling now and just left the Lexington (Man'O War location) and it's still at 50! I even scanned some stuff! I was so excited and was hoping it was signed wrong! :( Bummer! I was amazed at how much stuff they did still have. I didn't buy anything except some christmas tree brownies. (needed those like a hole in the head) So I'm hoping my store in Indy is still at 50 and I can make 75 tomorrow! I saw a fellow GDer post that the Nora store is still 50 off so keeping my fingers crossed my store is also!