Dillards New Year's Day?

Scruzin

do you think they will clearance the boots by then?

Mostly, however, they will not be an their cheapest then. But if there is one you definitely want I would be then while they still have my size and style, because the extra % off clearance that comes after that will have limited sizes.

• 11 months later...
My family was visiting FL in Feb of this year and I remember they were here for the clearance sale... they got some really good deals on men pants (orig. 90 down to $14!!!), shoes and clothing.... at great deals. Didn't know about that 50% sale in Dec or even the New Years one... will have to remember for next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on if the New Year's Day clearance is happening?

I was in the store this afternoon and things were on sale but it wasn't the big one yet. Dillards offers some incredible deals when it's take an additional 40% off of sale prices!

At the store they only say, "Yes there will be a sale tomorrow", but no specifics :( The last 3 years it has been an Extra 50% off already reduced (pink sticker) items.

I am not sure if it applies online? I have always gone to my local store.

I was in the store this afternoon and things were on sale but it wasn't the big one yet. Dillards offers some incredible deals when it's take an additional 40% off of sale prices!

Same sale as yesterday. Still waiting to take the addional amount off sale prices befo I buy. Maybe tomorrow?

It will br 50 off clearance prices. Even designer bags like coach it gets crazy because christmas is 75 off as well. Get there early

Last year, Coach handbags weren't eligible, though they were previous years. Spoke to a Coach salesperson today and she said she was pretty sure it was going to apply again this year, so we'll see! I was eyeing a bag and am going early to see if it is discounted...hopefully I will report back with the bag in hand ;)

Just to let everyone know that the majority of the stuff under Sale/Clearance on the Dillards site is marked down now too. You need to click ont he actual item to see the lower price. Some of the things I got:

Reebok Easy tones for 34.99

Webkinz 4.49

10 piece stainless pot and pan set 39.99

starter backpack 4.49

My store opened at 9:00 am. There were no less than 40 people at the mall entrance prior to opening. That is the entrance nearest the Coach counter. What a mob. They had tons of Coach bags on clearance, and only one left in the case by 9:05. It was insanity. Got myself a Coach Ocelot bag, reg. $298.00 for $104.00.

Didn't get there until 8:30am so all of the Coach was gone. Snagged another great bag though at a "can't be beat price". The store was mobbed and hot but everyone was nice and after multiple trips to the car I left with a ton of great deals for me, my son and my husband!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know when their NEXT big clearance event will be? I'm looking forward to another 50% off already reduced clearance.

I checked my "notes" from last year, I'm pretty sure the New Year's sale is the only time I saw them do the extra 50% off. They did extra 40% off in February and July last year (those were the only two that I noticed and/or shopped at). Maybe someone else will have more insight for us. I really blew it this New Year's, I was too lazy to get up and score the good deals. Oh well, my wallet thanked me (it's the one I bought at New Year's 2009!)